Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Preview & Info [Spoilers]

duidamasterXD

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/03/19/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-returns-this-winter-exclusive/

Season four is set to return this winter. It's a shame that we need to wait eight months, but it's better than waiting a full year. I wonder what surprises this has in store!

Topics regarding the show in any way shape or form rather belong in Show Discussion, as opposed to Sugarcube ^^ Furthermore, your topic, 'Season 4 News!' has been merged into the pinned Show Discussion thread, 'Season 4 Preview & Info (Spoilers)'. Any info regarding S4 should be posted here, and not as its' own topic smile.png

I sort of saw this coming xP I thought it would of aired between October this year and January 2014. Well to look on the bright side, at least the wait won't be as long as we did waiting for season 3.

You guys ready for more Princess Twilicorn and 26 new episodes?

Too long to wait..seriously why do these people dick around with their fans? We buy their merchandise, watch their show..it's like waving a steak infront of a starving dog.

Equestria Girls is most likely airing sometime in the Summer, so Hasbro probably pushed FiM back a few months so the two shows are never running simultaneously. From now on (barring either show gets cancelled or finished), we'll most likely have pony in some shape or form all year round.

Of course, I could be wrong, there's yet to have been an official Equestria Girls announcement from Hasbro direct.

Season 4 at this winter?

meh, somehow I'm not that bothered.

But maybe because I've waited longer to get my hands on Skyrim when it was first announced (And I pre-ordered it at full price, mind).

Well thankfully there is enough fan work to go around.

Yeah, there's that too....

Start plotting your return trip to Equestria: EW can exclusively report that the fourth season of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic will premiere this winter.

There are sure to be more than a few surprises coming up for Twilight and friends. In the third-season finale, Twilight Sparkle gained her wings and became a princess. “What we didn’t want to do was change who she is as a character, because she’s certainly someone that everyone’s proud to know and love,” MLP head writer Meghan McCarthy previously told EW. “I don’t think becoming a princess really changes her; I think it’s going to introduce some new challenges for her.”

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic airs on The Hub.

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/03/19/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-returns-this-winter-exclusive/

• Brohoof 1

That was... vague. "This" winter? I'm confused - we've just had a winter that ended yesterday. Does it mean the winter of 2014?

I would've expected it to premiere Oct - Nov, like the other seasons... wonder what the wait will be for. :3

This winter they say? Couldn't they be a little more specific?

Oh well. Now we at least know when we can expect season 4 and that's better then knowing nothing.smile.png

Now the question is just...

which date?

When they mean this winter, then mean November/December 2013 as in almost 9 months away. No summer or fall release.

so any one hoping for a earlier release will have to wait a bit longer

hmm winter ended yesterday? tell that to the 6 feet of snow I have out side.

Edited by MadDoggyca
  • Brohoof 2

hmm winter ended yesterday? tell that to the 6 feet of snow I have out side.

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing, just not exactly six feet of snow, maybe like... Less feet of snow than that, but the same idea

wonder what the wait will be for. :3

I'd say they're spending extra time working on Equestria girls or something of the sort, honestly, 

With a shorter season 3, you would expect season 4 to come out faster, but I guess not.

Edited by Kitsuneirou
  • Brohoof 1

Start plotting your return trip to Equestria: EW can exclusively report that the fourth season of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic will premiere this winter.

There are sure to be more than a few surprises coming up for Twilight and friends. In the third-season finale, Twilight Sparkle gained her wings and became a princess. “What we didn’t want to do was change who she is as a character, because she’s certainly someone that everyone’s proud to know and love,” MLP head writer Meghan McCarthy previously told EW. “I don’t think becoming a princess really changes her; I think it’s going to introduce some new challenges for her.”

Hey there, just letting you know I merged your thread with the big 'ol season 4 info thread we got here. :)

Anyway, winter huh... what a long, long wait, I hope I can bear it! :o

Here's an alleged leaked season 4 intro song (instrumental): http://minus.com/l4KUGIKZ0Lhb4

(Via Sweetie Bot on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SweetieBotatDD/status/314504348069662721)

I dunno, it sounds completely different in style from the original intro. Also, there's no source, so...

Possibly the Equestria Girls theme?

Edited by MatrixChicken

Based on the sound of that, I'd say it's definitely for Equestria Girls. I think all the changes in the MLP Season 4 intro are going to be visual.

Edited by PonyHag1
  • Brohoof 3

According to the Hub, season four is set to be released this winter. As in, we're due the latest season in approximately eight months. Looks like we're going to have to wait another long time, but the upside is that this time it's sensible to stay put until its arrival given the show has evolved even further quite a bit since November. As if the above posts aren't demonstrative enough, we'll most likely get an entirely new introduction sequence completely with a new theme song (though it may end up being something more on the lines of Equestria Girls). Either way, despite the ever-changing mottif the series is undergoing, Friendship is Magic has positively given a culture for itself that will just continue to exceed expectations at this rate.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not sure I want to follow the spoilers. I feel like if I had listened to the songs and looked at all the tweets that gave information on MMC, it wouldn't have been too fun.

'Introduce some new challenges'?

I'd personally like to hear what sort of challenges there would be that requires Twilight being a princess over, unless maybe Twilight role in Season 4 is gonna address the ups and downs of being royalty.

I frankly can't see any other good reason you'd need to make Twilight a princess just to being forward those so-called 'new challenges'.

And I stick to my strong belief that we need to get the dev team to clarify whether or not Twilight will be immortal. Seriously, anyone know how to contact anyone in the show's dev team, preferably someone likely to respond?

• Brohoof 1

Too long to wait..seriously why do these people dick around with their fans? We buy their merchandise, watch their show..it's like waving a steak infront of a starving dog.

Equestria Girls is most likely airing sometime in the Summer, so Hasbro probably pushed FiM back a few months so the two shows are never running simultaneously. From now on (barring either show gets cancelled or finished), we'll most likely have pony in some shape or form all year round.

Of course, I could be wrong, there's yet to have been an official Equestria Girls announcement from Hasbro direct.

I suspect the reason for the seeming delay has far more to do with production concerns than anything else.

Let's recall some facts, such as how the script for "Magical Mystery Cure" was written in November 2011, but the episode itself did not premiere until a year and a half later.

Episodes of an animated television series can take up to a year to produce. Given that for a while there, it was uncertain whether or not there would be a season four at all, I suspect Studio B took a number of months off before getting back to work on the show once a fourth season was ordered. As a result, the episodes simply will not be finished.

Oh, they likely already wrote the script for season four's twenty-sixth episode before "Magical Mystery Cure" even aired, but it'll still take so much more time to produce the episodes. It's an unfortunate delay, but it's an understandable one.

Here's an alleged leaked season 4 intro song (instrumental): http://minus.com/l4KUGIKZ0Lhb4

(Via Sweetie Bot on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SweetieBotatDD/status/314504348069662721)

I dunno, it sounds completely different in style from the original intro. Also, there's no source, so...

Possibly the Equestria Girls theme?

Oh there's no way this is for anything but Equestria Girls. I can't see them altering FIM's theme for season four in any way more than a remix or slight alteration to the visuals. Certainly not replacing it with... this.

Edited by Kyronea

I suspect the reason for the seeming delay has far more to do with production concerns than anything else.

Let's recall some facts, such as how the script for "Magical Mystery Cure" was written in November 2011, but the episode itself did not premiere until a year and a half later.

Episodes of an animated television series can take up to a year to produce. Given that for a while there, it was uncertain whether or not there would be a season four at all, I suspect Studio B took a number of months off before getting back to work on the show once a fourth season was ordered. As a result, the episodes simply will not be finished.

Oh, they likely already wrote the script for season four's twenty-sixth episode before "Magical Mystery Cure" even aired, but it'll still take so much more time to produce the episodes. It's an unfortunate delay, but it's an understandable one.

The only reason Magical Mystery Cure had such a long delay between written conception and it's air date was because it was written first, before any other Season 3 episode including the opener.

The only reason Magical Mystery Cure had such a long delay between written conception and it's air date was because it was written first, before any other Season 3 episode including the opener.

Do you have evidence for this assertion?

Additionally, I'd like to point out that even if it was the first script written amongst thirteen scripts, that's somewhat irrelevant. The writing process for a script can take just a few days. What matters is the actual production process, creating the animation, recording the voice work, scoring the episode with the appropriate music, etc etc. It is not a quick and easy process by any means. The writing is by far the fastest element of the equation.

Do you have evidence for this assertion?

Additionally, I'd like to point out that even if it was the first script written amongst thirteen scripts, that's somewhat irrelevant. The writing process for a script can take just a few days. What matters is the actual production process, creating the animation, recording the voice work, scoring the episode with the appropriate music, etc etc. It is not a quick and easy process by any means. The writing is by far the fastest element of the equation.

http://comments.deviantart.com/1/319052184/2680603132

There's quite a bit of evidence that points to Magical Mystery Cure being completed before the others. I'd be inclined to be believe it considering how big of an undertaking it probably was in comparison to most of the other episodes (which, as we've seen, at least two of which were Season 2 episodes that didn't make the cut).

And I stick to my strong belief that we need to get the dev team to clarify whether or not Twilight will be immortal. Seriously, anyone know how to contact anyone in the show's dev team, preferably someone likely to respond?

I have just the same belief and that's my only concern regarding Twilight being an alicorn. All we've got is someone asked a question about "Will Twilight live for a very long time?" in one of the panel this year and Tara strong said "YES" to that question. I would say that question was very badly phrased, so the answer is ambiguous, that question should have been more direct.

But I think I'm currently in a middle of a dilemma, what if the dev team confirm something about Twilight's immortality in the future? Wouldn't it be too sad or cruel? I don't even want to think about it....

I have just the same belief and that's my only concern regarding Twilight being an alicorn. All we've got is someone asked a question about "Will Twilight live for a very long time?" in one of the panel this year and Tara strong said "YES" to that question. I would say that question was very badly phrased, so the answer is ambiguous, that question should have been more direct.

But I think I'm currently in a middle of a dilemma, what if the dev team confirm something about Twilight's immortality in the future? Wouldn't it be too sad or cruel? I don't even want to think about it....

I've been wondering about this myself. Does her being a princess bring about immortality?

We'll probably never actually see this come to frutition in the series, but we never know. I mean I truly wonder just how old Celestia and Luna are, and how exactly they cope with just how many friends they've had come and go over time. 

I just read on Equestria Daily about the new season 4 rumors that just came out. Rumor one is that Trixie

will be joining the mane 6 on adventures with Twilight. Rumor two they are not bring back Gilda after Pinkie Pie sent her packing. Rumor three there will be nor more Luna episodes because Hasbro see's her as a scary pony to little girls and if she will make a appearance she will look way more like Cadence. In my opinion April fools or not Trixie joining the mane 6 would be awesome but I hate the idea of Luna being pink more like Cadence. What are your thoughts people?