Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not posting

Lost

It just occurred to me, I read through most of the treads that I see every day and check back often but I rarely post, I'll think of an appropriate response but never end up posting it.

Anypony else do that too? Or am I just strange :3

• Brohoof 14

Nah, I do it too. I find myself regularly checking the same thread but not posting in them for whatever reason (usually something along the lines of not having my thoughts in order or what I would like to say has already been said 20+ times). 

• Brohoof 1

Someone posted about how they are not posting? But...that's...my head is spinning around in circles. I cannot fully comprehend the information that has been presented to me.

Yo dawg, I herd you lieked posting... or not... so I put a post about posting about not posting in your... 

I GIVE UP. I'm just gonna call that Metapostception.

• Brohoof 4

Someone posted about how they are not posting? But...that's...my head is spinning around in circles. I cannot fully comprehend the information that has been presented to me.

I realised the full irony of it once I hit submit, I did hesitate about posting but that reinforced my thoughts of not posting which in turn made me realise I should post a thread about it... :3

• Brohoof 1

I tend to find that a lot of the threads I just can't really contribute to, and thus it is a waste of my time to say anything and would be a waste of others to read what I would say. (As in, there isn't really much point in me putting in a viewpoint on the difference between two things I have never heard of for example)

When I read any thread, I often ask myself a question, should I post in this thread, knowing that I don't really have anything funny or clever to say?

Most of the time the answer would be...

img-1195221-1-q85OGxE.jpg

Yeah, lately I find it's hard to actually post anything in this forum. Months ago I can get like twenty post a day, now I would be lucky if I can get two or three.

I put an interesting post up yesterday about "What you wear around the house" but somepony else put one that's completely in resemblance :huh:

I wonder what kind of inconsiderate person would do that, I mean, it just seems so rude. I wish I knew what kind of jerk would do that.

• Brohoof 1

I hesitate to post sometimes. I almost always only post if I have something substantial enough to say that I have no problem exceeding the minimum character limit. 

Other times, I might have something to say, but for whatever reason I feel too lazy to post it at that time. 

Sounds like your a bit of a forum lurker eh lost? hehe.

I do that sometimes, but to be honest I read like... every thread in the forums, and normally leave some form of response to threads. Unless I just can't think of anything, or the topic doesn't apply to me or interest me(And sometimes I'll post even then.)

Normally I can just start typing and my rambling skills do the rest, then all of a sudden I have like a 3000 word post about muffins and cupcakes and I'm like WUTTT? Then I post it and proceed to repeat the same in tons of other threads.

If you can't tell though.. I post quite alot :P. I actually kinda feel bad not posting on a thread after I read it. Idk, I feel obligated to post. And feel weird to just brohoof the post or something and leave. Infact In my own threads I basically have to reply to every post, because otherwise I feel bad. Its like I'm not treating everyone evenly. Its strange to me idk :P.

Anyways.. I'm gonna stop now before this becomes a post like I mentioned above :P.

Ps. Oh and the irony is strong with this thread.

• Brohoof 1

I do the same. Don't worry about it. *Do not read the following if you have a history getting confused, disoriented, seizures, or dizziness. But you should read it anyway. It will be fun.*

Posting about not posting in a thread about not posting is posting in its purest form. Unless that poster who was going to post did not post a response to the thread about not posting. In which case that poster has followed through on not posting which is the point of the thread. Therefore, when you do post, you are objecting to the fact that you don't post by posting. Ironically, I am posting right now about not posting in a thread specific to not posting, in which everyone is posting. In that logic, we are posting by posting on this thread about not posting which means that we are posting and not not posting which is what we are posting about. Savvy?

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I often type up posts but change my mind at the last second and just leave the thread without posting. I can definitely relate to your hesitation to post.

This is exactly what I do. I've typed many responses then like half way through say 'what the hell am I taking about?' and leave. Basically, I lurk and give out brohoofs.

Note: I wasn't going to post this :P

Well, I wasn't going to post in this thread. But I thought to myself.."This is a post about not posting when your point has been made clear from another user...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" So I decided to post anyway. To make a long story short though, the same happens to me. For every 10 things I read, I'll end up posting in one of them. I don't do it all to often. 

I think I should go back to studying for my exam now :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QmUsZikYdg

yea..time to get back to studying...maybe

• Brohoof 2

Generally, I don't post in a thread if what I have to say has already been mentioned. What this usually means is, I don't post much. However, in certain instances, I will break my code and post anyway, because I don't post enough. Like now, for instance.

youre not alone, sometimes i post, then cancel because it was too short for the character limit and i got lazy or i felt my post was dumb

or i just dont post at all because i dont feel like it

Nope, lol. You are definitely not alone on this one. But look on the bright side, at least you do not re-check what you have written 9001 times, and if at the end you think it sounds stupid, you don't delete everything. Unlike me ;__;

• Brohoof 1

I read through a lot more threads than I respond to. If I don't respond it's usually because I have no strong feelings or thoughts on the matter. When it's something that I have a strong opinion about or someone is looking for some information on a subject I'm knowledgeable about, more often than not I'll post. The only exceptions being in cases where people probably won't listen to any kind of factual information as to why something is the way it is, like the >9000 threads I've seen here and abroad about Fighting Is Magic getting that C&D. I don't bother in cases like that, but that's pretty much the only time. Well, also if I've seen the same thread countless times in the past; in those cases I'll not bother, I'll link to my post in a similar thread, or I'll copypasta my other post.

Some people won't post if someone else has already posted their exact thoughts on a matter. Two people can arrive at the same conclusion and it's alright if they both express it. If I have something that I really wanted to say but someone else beat me to it, I say it anyway. Otherwise I'd miss lots of opportunities to interact with anyone and I'd almost be a pure lurker. Not much point in going to a forum if I'm never going to say anything.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

Aaaaah lurking, we meet again.

Rules of the internet #33: "Lurk more. It's never enough." 

Maybe this is not the exact same as lurking as you are not looking for information but rather have a hard time finding out what to post but I don't know.

I experience it too sometimes. Mostly I read through a thread and see people that has already said what I wanted to say so I don't post, which seems reasonable. I would however post if I found the topic interesting and nobody before me had said what I wanted to say. 

I do this from time to time actually. Usually its due to me getting distracted somehow before I can post, but I have my thoughts in my head.

In fact, I actually did just that yesterday with this exact thread. :lol:

Came in, read it, thought about how I do that and then left for some unknown reason only to realize what I just did a minute or two later. :P

My attention span is horrible. X)