Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

As Star Keeper trotted up the stairs he came across another one of the passengers. He seemed nice enough, his green coat and mane seemed to stand out. Who knows, maybe he's a good guy? Star trotted towards the smell of coffee, his subconscious taking the controls. After he was satisfied with the amount he was able to fit in his cup without overflowing, he trotted up to the new stallion to greet him.

This is usually where things start to go wrong. Star was quite useless when it came to social interaction, let alone holding a conversation. Instead of the usual "how are you doing" Star decided to freeze up until he could properly word a sentence.

"H-hi." Better than nothing.

Harmonic took a sip of the coffee, it was quite good, in his opinion. But he expected that due to the general luxury the train appeared to have, in all aspects, actually.

Harmonic then noticed another stallion was approaching him. Harmonic opened his mouth to speak to him. 

"Why hello, my good sir. My name is Harmonic Revelations, and you are?" he said.

"Carriage three, suite A..." Jabbermouth muttered the words to himself as he found his way to his room. Peeking into the suite, he realized that he would be living luxuriously for the foreseeable future. He grinned to himself as he threw his meager possessions onto the bed. Yes, luxurious indeed.

Now to find some suckers- er, clients.

Entering carriage four, he was delighted to see a small coffee station set up. Scamming could wait. For now, caffeine. He grabbed a cup and sat by the window, listlessly gazing off at the crowded station and mulling over his various schemes.

OOC: If someone has taken that suite, my bad. Just let me know.

@,

"Great!" chimed Moonbeam. "So, are you ready to go explore?"she asked cheerfully. "On the brochure it said something about a big lounge area. It sounds like a great place to have fun and meet a lot of other ponies. I think it's on the next car, actually." She was so excited to be in such a cool place.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

(Wow, im off for maybe only a couple of minutes and we suddenly have nearly 30 posts!)

Classy found a lounge area. He decided to sit and wait for others to arrive. If the train ride was as long as he expected he might as well get to know some of the ponies on the train.

He readjusted his fedora, tilting it backwards. The positioning of such a hat could signal different things, tilted back presented him as more open and friendly. exactly the image he was trying to present

• Brohoof 1

Harmonic took a sip of the coffee, it was quite good, in his opinion. But he expected that due to the general luxury the train appeared to have, in all aspects, actually.

Harmonic then noticed another stallion was approaching him. Harmonic opened his mouth to speak to him. 

"Why hello, my good sir. My name is Harmonic Revelations, and you are?" he said.

A sigh of relief escaped Star as he realized he could relax a bit around this pony. He spoke properly in a way he could relate with. Star extended a hoof and spoke in a more confident tone. "Star Keeper. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. What do they call you?"

A sigh of relief escaped Star as he realized he could relax a bit around this pony. He spoke properly in a way he could relate with. Star extended a hoof and spoke in a more confident tone. "Star Keeper. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. What do they call you?"

"I am Harmonic Revelations, a treasure hunter and scholar. Although it may not appear that way to you, I was actually raised on a farm. It's nice to meet you, Star Keeper." Harmonic said.

Harmonic thought to himself "He seems pleasant enough of a fellow."

Harmonic once more opened his mouth to speak,

"So, which suite are you staying in?"

"I'm staying in carriage 4, suite C."

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

"I am Harmonic Revelations, a treasure hunter and scholar. Although it may not appear that way to you, I was actually raised on a farm. It's nice to meet you, Star Keeper." Harmonic said.

Harmonic thought to himself "He seems pleasant enough of a fellow."

Harmonic once more opened his mouth to speak,

"So, which suite are you staying in?"

"Scholar? Well this is a pleasure. I myself am a historian and chronicler down in Ponyville. They don't have much use for my particular talents, but I'm welcome none the less. My cabin is on the floor just bellow us actually. I couldn't resist the prospect of a quick coffee before taking a quick look around."

-snip-

A pegasus had walked in, and inwardly Jabbermouth cursed his luck. Unicorns loved the colorful baubles and Earth ponies loved bits and memorabilia. To Jabber, pegasi just seemed to love the sky and air, and he couldn't sell bottled clouds. Not for lack of trying, of course. 

But nevertheless, a train ride was a train ride, and Jabber was intent on making himself well-liked by passenger and staff member alike. He put on his best smile and took a seat over by the pegasus. "Hey, pal. Gotta say, I love the hat. Really suits you." Jabber winked and grinned a little wider. "The name's Jabbermouth, travelling salespony and professional drinker. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"

"Scholar? Well this is a pleasure. I myself am a historian and chronicler down in Ponyville. They don't have much use for my particular talents, but I'm welcome none the less. My cabin is on the floor just bellow us actually. I couldn't resist the prospect of a quick coffee before taking a quick look around."

"So our cabins are on the same floor and the same carriage. And as always, it's nice to see a fellow scholar. I make the bulk of my coinage from selling artifacts from ruins I discovered, or ruins too dangerous for other ponies to explore." Harmonic said, trying to keep some kind of formal composture.

"A difference between us is that I'm constantly travelling. I'm never in one place too long." Harmonic says.

"So, what brings you here, where are you headed?"

@,

"Oh, I know this sounds strange, but I live just inside the Everfree Forest, near Ponyville. The forest is actually rather nice once you get used to it, and I really like being around nature. I like to go into town pretty often as well. What about you? Where are you from?" she asked.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

"So our cabins are on the same floor and the same carriage. And as always, it's nice to see a fellow scholar. I make the bulk of my coinage from selling artifacts from ruins I discovered, or ruins too dangerous for other ponies to explore." Harmonic said, trying to keep some kind of formal composture.

"A difference between us is that I'm constantly travelling. I'm never in one place too long." Harmonic says.

"So, what brings you here, where are you headed?"

"I travel to Canterlot every month or so to update the Royal Archives on my findings. Much of the events of the past few years I write down, print and send off to the city. This time however it is quite nice just to take the trip."

"So I'll probably be seeing more of you later then. That is some good news at least. Maybe we can discuss matters later on."

@Kolth

"The name is Classy Pants, but please call me Styles. It is very nice to meet you." Styles looked over the other stallion, raising an eyebrow. "Professional drinker you say? I am not one to drink, messes with my head and ruins my dancing." 

Being related to those high up in Canterlot society meant that Styles knew when ponies were genuine and when they were not. and he did not trust this silver tongued pony one bit. But he was determined to remain cordial.

@@MelancholicMemory,

"I'm also from ponyville...only i'm from the opposite end of ponyville. I help my friend run her tea shop but I really want to play music full time...but sadly I am not making enough bits. What do you do for a living ?" She asked, as they entered the lounge area. "Well this is nice." She muttered, looking around the room.

@@SørenWolf

"Ah! A dancer. Hmm, how interesting..." Jabbermouth pondered out loud. "Can't say that I've ever really been one for dancing. I've got two left hooves. Er, four. Four left hooves? I...y'know..." He sighed in frustration. "Never was good at the metaphorical stuff. I can't dance. But I digress. So, Mr. Styles. What brings you aboard this fine vessel?"

@Kolth

"Well my cousin received an early ticket for this train and didn't have much use for it so he gave it to me. I would have thought he would have brought his mare-friend to see the rest of equestria..." He trailed off. "She is from Prance afterall..." Styles shook his head to clear his thoughts... "So what exactly is a sales pony doing on this train?"

@,

"Oh, I'm a writer. A poet to be specific. I have a good deal of published work, but I'm not famous or anything. I mostly rely on my parents for money. They're pretty well-off. I should definitely come visit you sometime and listen to some of your music for inspiration! I saw your violin. What other instruments do you play?"

"I travel to Canterlot every month or so to update the Royal Archives on my findings. Much of the events of the past few years I write down, print and send off to the city. This time however it is quite nice just to take the trip."

"So I'll probably be seeing more of you later then. That is some good news at least. Maybe we can discuss matters later on."

Harmonic nodded as Star Keeper continued speaking, he then opened his mouth to reply.

"Quite, it would be a pleasure to more thoroughly discuss matters later." he said. Taking another sip of the coffee.

"These tickets were quite cheaply priced for such a luxury. I'm glad to have bought one before they sold out." Harmonic said. It was always nice to get a good deal on travel, especially when doing it as often as he did.

((Fair assumption.)) The unicorn shrugged, and glanced sideways at the map of the train featured on the wall by the stairs. "I don't know. But it looks like there's one two carriages over." He gestured out the door between their two rooms. "My name's Encore, by the way." He held out his hoof, somewhat rigidly, to shake as he always did. His voice lilted with a strange accent that might have been native to Trottingham. It didn't sound exactly like someone from Trottingham, but it was close.   ((Everything on the upper floor of the third carriage has been taken.))

((Oh... well then we can say she was searching around a little bit after leaving her 3A room))

Fiera noted his accent, meaning he wasn't from Canterlot. She took his hoof in her own and shook it firmly. "I'm Fiera. And thanks, i'll be sure to stop by there soon enough. Anyway, why were you in Canterlot? Obviously you're not from there"

@@SørenWolf

Meanwhile, in Jabbermouth's head...

---

"Everyone calm the buck down. It's just a simple question. We've trained for this moment!"

Hundreds of little Jabbermouth's bustled around in the nexus of Jabber's mind; some reading graphs or monitoring vitals. Most were in a panic at the sudden but expected question.

"Sir!" A little Jabber, who worked in Intelligence, called up to the Commander of Jabbermouth's brain. "We don't have a lie prepared, and the truth will get us in trouble! What do we do?!" His panicked eyes darted back and forth, scanning the other ponies in the area and hoping for an answer. 

"I repeat, calm down!" The Commander stamped his hoof, and the entire congregation was silenced. Satisfied with their reaction, he calmly continued. "Intelligence, activate the Failsafe." He threw his hooves up as a collective gasp resounded through the crowd. "Yes, yes, I know, we haven't needed to use the Failsafe in a long time, but this moment is what we're trained for! Now let's get to it!"

The Failsafe. The one button that would override Jabbermouth's brain and somehow, magically, create a correct answer. The Commander watched with bated breath as the button was pressed.

---

Back in reality...

"Oh, you know," Jabbermouth said, twiddling his hooves. "Reasons."

Oh dear Celestia...this is what happens when I don't want to do homework.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

Harmonic nodded as Star Keeper continued speaking, he then opened his mouth to reply.

"Quite, it would be a pleasure to more thoroughly discuss matters later." he said. Taking another sip of the coffee.

"These tickets were quite cheaply priced for such a luxury. I'm glad to have bought one before they sold out." Harmonic said. It was always nice to get a good deal on travel, especially when doing it as often as he did.

"Bits were never much of an issue, but I guess it quite useful. I still can't believe we're treated to all of this without having to spend our life savings. I haven't even had a chance to take a full look around and I'm still impressed."

Star finished up his coffee, placing the mug down on the table and preparing to move one. "It was nice to meet you, Harmonic. I still feel the need to see the rest of this train, but I promise to talk to you again soon." Star then departed the lounge, making his way down stairs and heading in no particular direction. "He seemed nice."

(OOC: I have no idea what suites are available.)

After settling into her suite(she didn't have a lot of stuff), Star Rain decided to explore the interior of the train. She picked a random direction and began walking. She looked around at the exquisite decor, acknowledging the designers' meticulous work. After a while, she found herself at a coffee place. Feeling hungry, she went right on in.

(OOC: Whichever place has OCs in it, that's where I'll be.)

@@MagicalStarRain

Jabbermouth breathed a note of thanks to Celestia: another pony had walked in, giving him the opportunity to turn the subject away from why he was onboard the train.

"Hey, you!" Jabbermouth flailed a hoof in the direction of the newcomer. "Yeah, you! Come on over, we don't bite!"  

@@Kolth

raising an eyebrow again at the blatant dodge to his question but he decided not to pursue it. Instead he decided to move in a slightly different direction to see what he could learn from this stallion.

"So what exactly are you selling?" Hoping to continue the conversation Styles queried.

"So what exactly are you selling?" Hoping to continue the conversation Styles queried.

Oh hey, look, we're back in here now...

---

"For the love of- press the bucking button again!"

---

Seriously, this isn't even funny...

---

"Y'know. Stuff."

The other pony needed to say something, and soon -- before Styles asked a question that was too nosy. Jabber took a sip from his cup as he waited for the third pony to say something interesting.