Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

who likes fan fiction? if so what do you make?

plasma tail

I like fanfiction. The ones like My little Dashie are my favorites.

The ones like Sweet Apple Massacre, and Cupcakes are just not acceptable. It scares me that middle age men have the mind to twist such a lovely and great show into their own twisted idea of fun.

And I don't make any fanfics. Love to one day, but busy with school.

I like fanfiction. The ones like My little Dashie are my favorites.

The ones like Sweet Apple Massacre, and Cupcakes are just not acceptable. It scares me that middle age men have the mind to twist such a lovely and great show into their own twisted idea of fun.

And I don't make any fanfics. Love to one day, but busy with school.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, and I will respect that.  But out of all the countless fanfics, why those three?  They're the ones that everyone knows just because they're over-hyped so much.  Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre are not very good stories in my opinion.  The characters are OOC and it doesn't set it's story up very strongly.  I just wrote a good post about Cupcakes in a reply right here - http://mlpforums.com/topic/49673-a-fanfic-suggestion/

As for My Little Dashie, that story is also over-hyped.  It's a fairly average story to read.  Not bad, but not great.  Just average in my opinion.  I like stories that really flesh out things or make the reader want even more.  That's what I do when I write my own stories and I keep by that.  Here's a story I would strongly recommend, especially if you like comedy -

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/30661/letters-from-a-disgruntled-friendship-student

Synopsis:

Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's most prized and faithful student, is being sent to Ponyville to learn about the magic of friendship.

And she's not happy about it.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, and I will respect that.  But out of all the countless fanfics, why those three?  They're the ones that everyone knows just because they're over-hyped so much.  Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre are not very good stories in my opinion.  The characters are OOC and it doesn't set it's story up very strongly.  I just wrote a good post about Cupcakes in a reply right here - http://mlpforums.com/topic/49673-a-fanfic-suggestion/

As for My Little Dashie, that story is also over-hyped.  It's a fairly average story to read.  Not bad, but not great.  Just average in my opinion.  I like stories that really flesh out things or make the reader want even more.  That's what I do when I write my own stories and I keep by that.  Here's a story I would strongly recommend, especially if you like comedy -

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/30661/letters-from-a-disgruntled-friendship-student

Synopsis:

Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's most prized and faithful student, is being sent to Ponyville to learn about the magic of friendship.

My little Dashie is not over hyped! It is a great story, with a great theme, and that theme is love will always find a way. And I chose those three, because they are the one's people see the most. If I say a fanfic that no one ever heard about, no one will understand what my point would be.

Thank you and bro hoof /)

Synopsis:

My little Dashie is not over hyped. It is one heck of a story with a theme almost everyone can relate to, and that is true friends never leave. Why I chose those three, is because almost every know about them. If I say a random fanfic that no one has every heard off, no one would get what I was trying to say.

Thanks  and Bro Hoof! /)

My little Dashie is not over hyped. It is one heck of a story with a theme almost everyone can relate to, and that is true friends never leave. Why I chose those three, is because almost every know about them. If I say a random fanfic that no one has every heard off, no one would get what I was trying to say.

Thanks  and Bro Hoof! /)

I would like to counter with this part that is in the beginning of the story:

Every time I see the show, or one of the ponies on a fan site, I recoil a bit at the bright colors, the joyful faces of the ponies, and the peaceful scenery of their world. It's so hard to look at that beautiful world, having it so close to my grasp; I reach out to touch it's warm colors and bright, smiling faces of the ponies.

Only to be stopped by my computer screen.

You want to relate... to that?  I get his life sucks, but dear god that's a bit strange don't you think?  It's not like this is a terrible fic.  It's alright.  It's pretty well written.  But it's not the greatest thing I've ever read.  It really IS over hyped.  Wherever I go, people always praise it as the greatest thing they've ever laid eyes on when it comes to fics.  Really?  And when I ask what else is there... they don't have an answer.  So they don't even compare this to other stories or even read much else... just this and other over hyped stories like Cupcakes.

Once again, I am not saying this story is bad.  It's fairly alright.  But it IS over hyped all over the place as the greatest thing to ever come for fanfics and people try to put their stuff to that stories standards.

It may also be the fact that I hate bronie insert fics.  I REALLY dislike them.  But just once more to remind you, I don't think this story is bad.  It's alright.  Just not the greatest thing I've ever read.  Can you recommend anything else I may not have read?

I would like to counter with this part that is in the beginning of the story:

Every time I see the show, or one of the ponies on a fan site, I recoil a bit at the bright colors, the joyful faces of the ponies, and the peaceful scenery of their world. It's so hard to look at that beautiful world, having it so close to my grasp; I reach out to touch it's warm colors and bright, smiling faces of the ponies.

Only to be stopped by my computer screen.

You want to relate... to that?  I get his life sucks, but dear god that's a bit strange don't you think?  It's not like this is a terrible fic.  It's alright.  It's pretty well written.  But it's not the greatest thing I've ever read.  It really IS over hyped.  Wherever I go, people always praise it as the greatest thing they've ever laid eyes on when it comes to fics.  Really?  And when I ask what else is there... they don't have an answer.  So they don't even compare this to other stories or even read much else... just this and other over hyped stories like Cupcakes.

Once again, I am not saying this story is bad.  It's fairly alright.  But it IS over hyped all over the place as the greatest thing to ever come for fanfics and people try to put their stuff to that stories standards.

It may also be the fact that I hate bronie insert fics.  I REALLY dislike them.  But just once more to remind you, I don't think this story is bad.  It's alright.  Just not the greatest thing I've ever read.  Can you recommend anything else I may not have read?

I respect your thoughts about this story. I agree it's  not the best I've read, but close to it. I just like it, because it is the first one I read when becoming a brony.

And I agree that I cannot relate to someone who wants to go through the computer to Equestria. I love my life, and never would do that.

Sorry, but I have no recommendations. Later I'm going to read to one you recomended me.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

I've never written a Pony fic before.. but im working on 2 fanfics in general

the Pony Fic is pretty much summerized as "For nearly a Millenia, Humanity has watched over the Ponies of Equestria. With King Sombra back, humanity is forced to reveal itself. Why is Princess Luna or Celestia worried?"

Something like that..

but im also working on a Mass Effect Fic, Post Destroy Ending with some alterations like EDI survives.

still working on kinks on both though..

I respect your thoughts about this story. I agree it's  not the best I've read, but close to it. I just like it, because it is the first one I read when becoming a brony.

And I agree that I cannot relate to someone who wants to go through the computer to Equestria. I love my life, and never would do that.

Sorry, but I have no recommendations. Later I'm going to read to one you recomended me.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

Okay, now that's more understandable if it's your first read.  Those tend to stick with people, even if it's mediocre, bad, or even the greatest thing to come about.  My first read was a Ranma 1/2 fic that... the author never finished.  I'm still peeved about that.  And yeah, that one I showed is a really funny read.  I also write stuff myself using comedy but I don't want to whore myself out since that would seem rude to do.

I've never written a Pony fic before.. but im working on 2 fanfics in general

the Pony Fic is pretty much summerized as "For nearly a Millenia, Humanity has watched over the Ponies of Equestria. With King Sombra back, humanity is forced to reveal itself. Why is Princess Luna or Celestia worried?"

Something like that..

but im also working on a Mass Effect Fic, Post Destroy Ending with some alterations like EDI survives.

still working on kinks on both though..

I do hope you make something good out of these.  I write HiE stories as well, though it's in a perspective some people do not like.  I just think it's another way to read a story, nothing more, so I'm not sure why so many people get so upset if it's used.

I've actually been dabbling in writing fanfiction for the past couple of weeks as a way to help unwind and better clear my head. I am currently collaborating with my friend Clarity in writing an adventure story. I also have several ideas for shipping stories, a sadfic and a crossover floating around in my head. I hope to get all of these on paper at some point in the future. 

As for my favorite stories,

The Games We Play by AbsoluteAnonymous

Where Your Heart Is by Cloudy Skies

Rainbooms and Royalty by Trinary

and The Life and Times of a Winning Pony by Chengar Qordath

Okay, now that's more understandable if it's your first read.  Those tend to stick with people, even if it's mediocre, bad, or even the greatest thing to come about.  My first read was a Ranma 1/2 fic that... the author never finished.  I'm still peeved about that.  And yeah, that one I showed is a really funny read.  I also write stuff myself using comedy but I don't want to whore myself out since that would seem rude to do.

I do hope you make something good out of these.  I write HiE stories as well, though it's in a perspective some people do not like.  I just think it's another way to read a story, nothing more, so I'm not sure why so many people get so upset if it's used.

my current plan is to have a highly advanced super humans. like they fought the Griffons before and won.. but just watched over the ponies. But Celestia and Luna know the Human leader, who is the only immortal human, thanks to Celestia and Luna's mother, in exchange for helping the ponies whenever they need it.. remember, its still on the drawing boards. but my story is NOT HiM, but Humanity has its own nation, seperate from Equestria

my current plan is to have a highly advanced super humans. like they fought the Griffons before and won.. but just watched over the ponies. But Celestia and Luna know the Human leader, who is the only immortal human, thanks to Celestia and Luna's mother, in exchange for helping the ponies whenever they need it.. remember, its still on the drawing boards. but my story is NOT HiM, but Humanity has its own nation, seperate from Equestria

Interesting.  So, humans have always been there but none of the creatures really know.  Will they be one of those myths griffons hear about but never took serious until they see them in real life?  I like the idea that they're a myth from long ago, it can add some interesting stuff to a story if used right.  I'm just really hoping you don't make your immortal human OP.  Also, what's HiM?  I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

Interesting.  So, humans have always been there but none of the creatures really know.  Will they be one of those myths griffons hear about but never took serious until they see them in real life?  I like the idea that they're a myth from long ago, it can add some interesting stuff to a story if used right.  I'm just really hoping you don't make your immortal human OP.  Also, what's HiM?  I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

Yeah, the Main Guy is immortal in terms of aging, but can be killed. I meant to say HiE lol anywho, their like Guardian Angels in a way.. once i get chapter 1 up, ill let you know :) might explain some scootaloo or something.. wait and see :D

(edited)

I have tried to read all three of those before Cupcakes and SAM (both i tried too look at like a horror movie) were just so horribly written i couldn't read them. (But i understand there are other versions out there.)

And MLD, I just couldn't get into it. It has its moments but overall i couldn't get interested.

I have also read (most of it anyway) was FOE. Here i liked the premise of the story, i just couldn't get myself to like Lil Pip. (They really need an abridged version)

A good story doesn't necessarily mean popular

Edited by Argumedies

Synopsis:

You like comedy fics? And you think cupcakes and S.A.M. Belong to the Recycle Bin? AND YOU THINK MY LITTLE DASHIE IS PAINFULLY AVERAGE?

BROTHER, WHERE WERE YOU ALL THESE YEARS?

Im also writing a comedy fic involving aliens , in fact it will be a 3 part series trying to pic some fun on the wierd stuff of the show (In part one) the fanbase (in part 2 wich will be pretty much fanfic world) and world reacting to the fanbase all in the course of the odd story surrounding 3 OCs.I haven't worked on a sinopsis but here goes something i write in the moment:

In a planet far far away from equestria, a world with no magic and were science rules the land: a pony, a robot and a cat named whiskers will "accidentally" find a new planet to explore just to find that is already inhabited by "Magical creatures" , their new mission: get out of there before they lose their minds out of the sheer nonsense.

So basically these caracteres belong to a futuristic world with human society problems... exept they are ponies with no magic at all (no pegasy or unicors or any magical creature at all to be fund). The pony and the robot worked at an observatory for the goverment, they "Accidentally" find a new planet that could support life and due to some inconvenients they have to make the investigation themselves, they buy a cheap "Cursed ship" and head on to this mysterious planet. Due to some OTHER problems they crashed into the planet busting their engines and now they are stuck. The planet is equestria and from there the caracteres start questioning everything leading to a lot a jokes filled with references (Real references, no "20% the worst possible best friend forever") like Cthulhu being Discord's grandfather.

As for the story, is a long long story and very complicated but as for is intended is something like this: In part 1 the characters point out the show's world from a human perspective (like the elements of harmony basically being a brainwash machine/death beam of love ) in part 2 is fanfic universe, working with fanfic stereotipes (Like pinkie being a psico-killer and celestia being a tyrant, but you know, in a funny way) and in part 3 is the fanbase problems with the real world with real world references like the names of 3 main "freedom trives" : "The 4 Leaf Society" (4 chan) the "Order Of The 9 Jesters" (9gag) and the "Red Trees" (wich will be reddit, although the name is debatable)

Is a real fun ride but i didn't start writing yet T - T mostly becouse i suck at it.

I read many fanfics, I read over 5 million words on fimfiction during the 6 months where I was starting to get used to the fandom.

People have told me to give it a try, and while I do think that I got the ability to make one, I don't got the time nor the creativity. xD

You like comedy fics? And you think cupcakes and S.A.M. Belong to the Recycle Bin? AND YOU THINK MY LITTLE DASHIE IS PAINFULLY AVERAGE?

BROTHER, WHERE WERE YOU ALL THESE YEARS?

Im also writing a comedy fic involving aliens , in fact it will be a 3 part series trying to pic some fun on the wierd stuff of the show (In part one) the fanbase (in part 2 wich will be pretty much fanfic world) and world reacting to the fanbase all in the course of the odd story surrounding 3 OCs.I haven't worked on a sinopsis but here goes something i write in the moment:

In a planet far far away from equestria, a world with no magic and were science rules the land: a pony, a robot and a cat named whiskers will "accidentally" find a new planet to explore just to find that is already inhabited by "Magical creatures" , their new mission: get out of there before they lose their minds out of the sheer nonsense.

So basically these caracteres belong to a futuristic world with human society problems... exept they are ponies with no magic at all (no pegasy or unicors or any magical creature at all to be fund). The pony and the robot worked at an observatory for the goverment, they "Accidentally" find a new planet that could support life and due to some inconvenients they have to make the investigation themselves, they buy a cheap "Cursed ship" and head on to this mysterious planet. Due to some OTHER problems they crashed into the planet busting their engines and now they are stuck. The planet is equestria and from there the caracteres start questioning everything leading to a lot a jokes filled with references (Real references, no "20% the worst possible best friend forever") like Cthulhu being Discord's grandfather.

As for the story, is a long long story and very complicated but as for is intended is something like this: In part 1 the characters point out the show's world from a human perspective (like the elements of harmony basically being a brainwash machine/death beam of love ) in part 2 is fanfic universe, working with fanfic stereotipes (Like pinkie being a psico-killer and celestia being a tyrant, but you know, in a funny way) and in part 3 is the fanbase problems with the real world with real world references like the names of 3 main "freedom trives" : "The 4 Leaf Society" (4 chan) the "Order Of The 9 Jesters" (9gag) and the "Red Trees" (wich will be reddit, although the name is debatable)

Is a real fun ride but i didn't start writing yet T - T mostly becouse i suck at it.

Well, you won't get any good at writing if you don't start.  I started writing my stuff back in September... and oh my god was that a pile of S***.  And no, that stuff is not on my FimFic account, it's on my pastebin account where I will not be showing that to anyone (Unless you find out where I post these!)  Overtime, I started to learn more about grammar and proper punctuation.  Then I started learning about how to properly write a good story.  And then I got into comedy, which is where the real fun begins. 

You have to know the right ways to tickle someone in their funny bones.  Telling someone what should be funny will never work, and most people tend to do this until they learn how to do it properly.  Your story will also be more difficult since it will involve nearly nothing but OC characters at all.  Just make sure you do four things right: 

• Make sure you have some pretty good grammar/punctuation so there isn't much for those 'grammar nazi's' to complain to you about.  It also keeps your story stronger to read with it.
  • A story that is properly weaved even if written with nothing but comedic chaos as the premise should be well done to keep readers glued to the screen.  Fresh, original content is the key to success.  If you use stuff for references to shows or stories, just don't ride off someone else's stuff for too long.
  • Always write with the intent to make it so the reader will want more and come back for more.
  • No matter what, make sure your characters are well developed, even background characters.  They all need attention, and giving them that will give the readers a world that feels extremely alive and moving about, keeping them around for longer.

There's obviously other things that should be mentioned, like not to make characters OP or OOC (Unless it's for a temporary comedic affect) and make sure the comedy is somewhat fresh.  And don't forget to get a proofreader for your work to look it over.  I currently have the greatest proofreader ever (No, seriously.  If he was a horse, his pedigree would be marked 'Genius')

To give you an idea, in my main story, it's about a human that comes to Equestria and Lyra finds him, treating him like an alien.  It does NOT follow the obsessed human Lyra, it's more obsessed alien Lyra (That no one writes about), so none of that weird stuff you'd expect from other fics.  I currently have a talking tree that praises the sun, gay big mac, references from shows like Doctor Who and Pokemon, silly interactions from a fairly big cast of characters, and an interesting hook to the story (The princesses don't know he's an alien.  They think he's more or less a big doll but they have to treat it like normal)

I do hope that whatever you write is a fun and interesting experience.  I'm interested enough from what you said in your story.

I'm more into adventure kind of stories, my favorite MLP story being It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door (very epic story, BTW), but I do read comedy stories too. Especially if they're well written like the recent story I read, Thrown Abroad, and it's sequel (which is still incomplete).

Most of my story reading isn't usually contained inside the FimFic site.  Those two are bookmarked, so I'll definitely be checking this stuff out to read when I get the chance.

I read alot of fan fictions on fimfiction :P I slowly but surely read them if I think they will be worth reading(I dont like cupcakes I find it sad that they make pinkie have another personallity let alone a murder) Im in the process of writing a fanfiction I dont think im the best writer but who knows :P its about pinkiepie being doctor whooves companion im also doing a comic around it to

Hello, I am Symphonia from the fanfic group TBB. We write fanfics on a shared account on fimfiction.net.

I myself usually write comedy/adventure.

But my friends tend to write more violent fanfics. Check us out by looking up ThreeBestBroniez.

Well, you won't get any good at writing if you don't start.  I started writing my stuff back in September... and oh my god was that a pile of S***.  And no, that stuff is not on my FimFic account, it's on my pastebin account where I will not be showing that to anyone (Unless you find out where I post these!)  Overtime, I started to learn more about grammar and proper punctuation.  Then I started learning about how to properly write a good story.  And then I got into comedy, which is where the real fun begins. 

You have to know the right ways to tickle someone in their funny bones.  Telling someone what should be funny will never work, and most people tend to do this until they learn how to do it properly.  Your story will also be more difficult since it will involve nearly nothing but OC characters at all.  Just make sure you do four things right: 

• Make sure you have some pretty good grammar/punctuation so there isn't much for those 'grammar nazi's' to complain to you about.  It also keeps your story stronger to read with it.
  • A story that is properly weaved even if written with nothing but comedic chaos as the premise should be well done to keep readers glued to the screen.  Fresh, original content is the key to success.  If you use stuff for references to shows or stories, just don't ride off someone else's stuff for too long.
  • Always write with the intent to make it so the reader will want more and come back for more.
  • No matter what, make sure your characters are well developed, even background characters.  They all need attention, and giving them that will give the readers a world that feels extremely alive and moving about, keeping them around for longer.

There's obviously other things that should be mentioned, like not to make characters OP or OOC (Unless it's for a temporary comedic affect) and make sure the comedy is somewhat fresh.  And don't forget to get a proofreader for your work to look it over.  I currently have the greatest proofreader ever (No, seriously.  If he was a horse, his pedigree would be marked 'Genius')

To give you an idea, in my main story, it's about a human that comes to Equestria and Lyra finds him, treating him like an alien.  It does NOT follow the obsessed human Lyra, it's more obsessed alien Lyra (That no one writes about), so none of that weird stuff you'd expect from other fics.  I currently have a talking tree that praises the sun, gay big mac, references from shows like Doctor Who and Pokemon, silly interactions from a fairly big cast of characters, and an interesting hook to the story (The princesses don't know he's an alien.  They think he's more or less a big doll but they have to treat it like normal)

I do hope that whatever you write is a fun and interesting experience.  I'm interested enough from what you said in your story.

HA!, that's some good advice brother, too bad i already know that. My REAL problem is literally writing, i just suck. From creating environments to discriving emotions, i just suck. Also it doesn't help that english is not my native lenguage, so i suck at grammar too. Im all ears if you have advise for that.

As for "No matter what, make sure your characters are well developed, even background characters." i already though of that, hell, i have to write a whole world just for that, if you are interested you could check it out here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/43854-need-a-friendly-proof-reader-want-some-writing-tips-or-want-to-share-yours/page-10

My post tells the backstory and stuff, and that's not all, im thinking of ideas to add or remove from time to time, too bad i suck at writing.In a way both worlds are protagonist too, if equestria is all about community, fitting in and looking for and accepting destiny then the [NAME IN CONSTRUCTION] world is all about indivialism the constant pursue of the better self and overall freedom and also the sacrifices that are needed for both ways.

And AGAIN thats not all, there is a lot to cover, from the "Accidental" discovery of the new planet, the interactions with the main cast, the OTHER "accident" involving the crashing of their ship and that's just for part 1 D:

If only i knew how to write, i think this could be, and im saying this without any pride, the fallout equestria or eternal of comedy. I know it sounds pretentious as fuck but...damn...

If only...

Hello, I am Symphonia from the fanfic group TBB. We write fanfics on a shared account on fimfiction.net.

I myself usually write comedy/adventure.

But my friends tend to write more violent fanfics. Check us out by looking up ThreeBestBroniez.

If you can give us what exactly you write, that would be very helpful for readers.  Also, a link to said group and stories they are at would be something to add in as well.

But my friends tend to write more violent fanfics

I do hope that there's reasoning to it and it's not written up just because they want to be violent.

HA!, that's some good advice brother, too bad i already know that. My REAL problem is literally writing, i just suck. From creating environments to discriving emotions, i just suck. Also it doesn't help that english is not my native lenguage, so i suck at grammar too. Im all ears if you have advise for that.

As for "No matter what, make sure your characters are well developed, even background characters." i already though of that, hell, i have to write a whole world just for that, if you are interested you could check it out here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/43854-need-a-friendly-proof-reader-want-some-writing-tips-or-want-to-share-yours/page-10

My post tells the backstory and stuff, and that's not all, im thinking of ideas to add or remove from time to time, too bad i suck at writing.In a way both worlds are protagonist too, if equestria is all about community, fitting in and looking for and accepting destiny then the [NAME IN CONSTRUCTION] world is all about indivialism the constant pursue of the better self and overall freedom and also the sacrifices that are needed for both ways.

And AGAIN thats not all, there is a lot to cover, from the "Accidental" discovery of the new planet, the interactions with the main cast, the OTHER "accident" involving the crashing of their ship and that's just for part 1 D:

If only i knew how to write, i think this could be, and im saying this without any pride, the fallout equestria or eternal of comedy. I know it sounds pretentious as fuck but...damn...

If only...

Luckily for me, I have the greatest proofer in the world.  I'd show you his work and the bin he gives out to people that need help in writing... but it's very violent and adult so I can not give it out.  And I've spoken to people that aren't native English speakers.  They just need someone to help them proof as well and practice.  A major thing that will help is if you write in Microsoft Word.  Doing that will have the program show you what words are misspelled and other grammar errors easily.

I've been a fanfiction reader pretty much since I became a part of the fandom over a year ago, and I started writing my own stuff a little while after that. I enjoy practically ever genre, except for clop-fics. My favourite stories tend to be long epics that pull me in with their intensive plot. If I was to name my favourite fanfics that I've read, they would have to be these four:

Unmarked by Croswynd

The Parliament of Dreams by Wheller

It Takes a Village by determamfidd

As for my own stories, my first ever fanfic was an utter shambles of a comedy fic called 'My Little Devil'. I got good feedback after I posted the first chapter, which then caused me to rush out the rest and post it as quickly as possible. That... was a mistake that I'll never make again. 

I tend to write rather differing kinds of stories. I have a few off-the-wall comedy pieces, some romance fics and a sad-fic which I have only recently published. Here are the 3 ongoing fics that I would say are my main focus as fo right now.

Pinkie The Match-Maker

(Romance)

Fluttershy yearns for a family of her own but is too shy around stallions for her own good. When Pinkie Pie discovers that her friend has a crush on Big Macintosh, she makes it her personal mission to bring the two together, whether they like it or not!

- My attempt at shipping! This was actually the first fanfic idea I ever had, but I didn't end up writing it for a long time. It's currently my most popular fic by far.

Legacy: The End of Harmony

(Romance) (Sad) (Slice of Life)

“It is said that our lives are mere drops in the ocean. How appropriate then, that we should strive to make the biggest splash.”

Rosa Bloom is stuck in a rut. Torn between feelings for a close friend and a life that’s going nowhere, she feels that her purpose in the world is lost. However, an unexpected series of events will change everything. All she can do now is hope for the best.

Meanwhile, Twilight receives a visitor at Golden Oaks library, one sent by Celestia herself. While appropriately polite and well-spoken, his motives run far deeper than he is willing to let on. And why does Twilight find him strangely familiar?

“We all have untapped power. It is simply a question of whether we are brave enough or stupid enough to use it.”

- This one is my self-proclaimed 'magnum opus', the one I've put the most effort into. I have four planned volumes alongside the gradual telling of another story-arc that makes up my universe's mythos. It's very OC-heavy, but I can assure you that I've put the utmost care and effort into each individual character.

No Regrets

(Sad)

Twilight's ascension to becoming an alicorn princess has caused her great happiness, but as the notion of immortality dawns on her she is plagued by doubts. At the end of her emotional tether, she finds solace with the Element of Honesty.

To have no regrets would mean the world.

- My most recently published piece of work. As of yet, only the prologue is up, but I already have plans for its future.

I've been a fanfiction reader pretty much since I became a part of the fandom over a year ago, and I started writing my own stuff a little while after that. I enjoy practically ever genre, except for clop-fics. My favourite stories tend to be long epics that pull me in with their intensive plot. If I was to name my favourite fanfics that I've read, they would have to be these four:

Unmarked by Croswynd

The Parliament of Dreams by Wheller

It Takes a Village by determamfidd

As for my own stories, my first ever fanfic was an utter shambles of a comedy fic called 'My Little Devil'. I got good feedback after I posted the first chapter, which then caused me to rush out the rest and post it as quickly as possible. That... was a mistake that I'll never make again. 

I tend to write rather differing kinds of stories. I have a few off-the-wall comedy pieces, some romance fics and a sad-fic which I have only recently published. Here are the 3 ongoing fics that I would say are my main focus as fo right now.

Pinkie The Match-Maker

(Romance)

Fluttershy yearns for a family of her own but is too shy around stallions for her own good. When Pinkie Pie discovers that her friend has a crush on Big Macintosh, she makes it her personal mission to bring the two together, whether they like it or not!

- My attempt at shipping! This was actually the first fanfic idea I ever had, but I didn't end up writing it for a long time. It's currently my most popular fic by far.

Legacy: The End of Harmony

(Romance) (Sad) (Slice of Life)

“It is said that our lives are mere drops in the ocean. How appropriate then, that we should strive to make the biggest splash.”

Rosa Bloom is stuck in a rut. Torn between feelings for a close friend and a life that’s going nowhere, she feels that her purpose in the world is lost. However, an unexpected series of events will change everything. All she can do now is hope for the best.

Meanwhile, Twilight receives a visitor at Golden Oaks library, one sent by Celestia herself. While appropriately polite and well-spoken, his motives run far deeper than he is willing to let on. And why does Twilight find him strangely familiar?

“We all have untapped power. It is simply a question of whether we are brave enough or stupid enough to use it.”

- This one is my self-proclaimed 'magnum opus', the one I've put the most effort into. I have four planned volumes alongside the gradual telling of another story-arc that makes up my universe's mythos. It's very OC-heavy, but I can assure you that I've put the utmost care and effort into each individual character.

No Regrets

(Sad)

Twilight's ascension to becoming an alicorn princess has caused her great happiness, but as the notion of immortality dawns on her she is plagued by doubts. At the end of her emotional tether, she finds solace with the Element of Honesty.

To have no regrets would mean the world.

- My most recently published piece of work. As of yet, only the prologue is up, but I already have plans for its future.

Well... crud.  All though I prefer reading HiE stories since I find them fun, I can read the other stuff without hating it.  But I've always preferred comedy stuff intertwined with romance or some other genre (my own is comedy/adventure/human).  I'm almost interested in that "My Little Devil".  What's that about?