who likes fan fiction? if so what do you make?

plasma tail

I've been slowly but surely checking out some fanfics on FiMFiction, largely because I've just begun writing one myself.  Already released Chapter 1 of my fic "Batmare Begins" (which you can find here http://www.fimfiction.net/story/79481/batmare-begins) and currently making some nice progress on Chapter 2, which I hope to release soon.  It's a fun and relaxing way to give back to the community, and since I'm not much of an artist or musician (beyond singing), this is one of the few ways I can contribute any creative material myself, hence the appeal.  Been fun finding some good fics to read as well, some of them are very well written indeed!  :D

• Brohoof 2

I do read some fanfics. I wouldn't call myself a writer, though, for many reasons. I have made... about a dozen stories now, but I don't know if I should write any more because my last one took 6 months to complete... and it was only 2 chapters long and a story you could read in about 45 min. Plus apparently it was poorly written.

I can't think of new ideas anymore on what to write. At least none with no OC characters in them.

Heck, my oldest unfinished story is already almost 9 years old only because I don't know how to proceed in a scene, how to write it. The style's different too from my current one.

Edited by Koori

I rarely read fanfictions, I like actual books better.  If there was a good fanfiction on paper in book form that I didn't have to order from half away around the world, I might it.

But anyway.  I write fanfictions.  I have so many ideas but currently working on a fanfiction called Who Am I?  But I might rename it.

• Brohoof 1

That sounds like a cool story. also i like fanfics just as good as normal books. Ive just half way finished mine. if u finish it soon, i would like to hear it! 

Chapter 1.   The landscape was barren, and full of debris from the banshee crashes. We managed to hold back the elites and fodders, but after the suicide squads came, survival has become the main objective, forcing us to leave the other objective behind. Most of my earth pony troops were killed or captured. The Generals were now after me; behind them were Ghost, Jackals, and many other elites. I flew as fast as I could but before I even left the ground my wing was slashed by an energy sword. My body fell onto the ground and I was surrounded. One of the spec-ops elites jumped on top of me, attempting to stab me. Plasma built up through my body and exiting out my hooves, filling the elites head with radiation, killing him. “Rainbow Dash, where's that air support!?” I yelled out.

The radio was silent at first but then i got a response. Suddenly out of nowhere, thousands of pegasi flew over my head including spec-op pegasi, firing at the enemy with plasma swords and machine guns. we finally had the upper hoof and the covenant fell back. “Hows that for extreme air support Tyler? “Rainbow Dash said” “pretty good for an entire covenant army” I said happily. Every pony went back to base including myself. While we were flying back we picked up the other ponies as well as the other ground troops. I was eating in the mess hall, there i met a newbie named firefly. She was a part of the S.O.P.T/spec-ops pegasi team. i wanted to sit next to her but I didn't, because the only human in the equestrian army. Everypony else was used to me and other humans. Be she was new so I wasn't sure how she would react. Instead I sat down with Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. “Hey girls you did great out there today” I said thankfully. “Awe it was nothing really, just another day of slaying grunts “she replied. “Who’s the new mare by the way?” “Oh I don't know her, but her names firefly” I said. At the end of the day every pony went off to bed. I stayed up a little bit thinking about the newbie alot for some reason. I felt like I had a crush on her strangely, although I didn't even see her that much. The rest of the night I spent my time watching to royal guards from the bedroom window. I was about to finally sleep until the announcer called for an overnight mission. I was surprised because most of the spec-ops were already out on the battlefield and its 1:03 in the morning. “Why would they send more troops for a spec-ops mission?” “This doesn’t make any sense!” we all got suited up and headed out into the mountains. I was about to go with the rest of the squad until I was separated by Master Chief. “Where are you going?” I didn’t know why he wanted me to come with him but it seemed important. He told me that it was about this sabotage thing with the covenant or something.
Chapter 2
“So Chief why did you want me to come with you on this mission, instead of following my own squad?” I asked. He answered. “I need someone to watch me from the skies at all times and you’re the perfect one to do it” He gives me a sniper rifle and tells me to fly to the top of one of the surrounding mountains. I leave master chief behind and fly up to the mountain. When I get there I see something that worries me. An entire covenant fleet stretching off into the distance. “Oh crap” I get on my radio. “Uhh Master chief we have a problem!” He answers. “Yes what is it? “Oh well it’s an entire covenant fleet”I said. “Good that means we're almost to our objective” “wait what do you mean?” I asked.  “We’re gonna get on that ship and sabotage its troop forces and i need you,Tyler to kill the guards in the pod bay doors” “well ok but how are we gonna get into the ship?” “There’s only one faster and safer way in, the same way the covenant troops got out” Chief said. we were sitting on the mountain sides looking up at the massive super carriers along with transport vehicles flying over us. an AI named Cortana pops out as a hologram from a small chip.”Instead of going through all of the ground troop defenses and setting of an alarm i recommend making a direct teleportable line into the ships data field” she said smartly. “So in other words we can just teleport into the supercarriers deck room?” I said. “Who are you?” she asked.”I'm Tyler lane, leader of the spec-ops pegasi team” “well nice to meet you” she said. We teleport into the ship and when we get there I fall on my head. before I could get back up on my feet Master chief falls on to me from the ceiling.”Cortona you suck at teleportation!” “Twilight Sparkle is much better at this than you, sorry” I say with a smirk. After making fun of Cortina’s lack of conveniences we continue into a mass array of hallways and open rooms. I spot an elite General guarding the door. Master Chief looks at me awkwardly and looks back at the elite. “Well?” he asks. ”Oh right sorry I thought you were going” I sneak through the hallway up against the walls. The elite looked to its left almost looking at me at an angle. I came up behind him and took out my shank my I moved my foot and it made a loud squeak noise. It turns around and roars at me, i get my sword out and the elite counteracts aggressively attempting to stab me missing many times putting holes in the floor. This time he did not miss and I broke my gun blocking the blow. “Awe crap get over here” I said punching the elite. Master Chief runs over and shoots the elite in the head while pinning him on the floor. Before we killed the elite he set an alarm on the coms. “Shit they're everywhere!” Master Chief yelled. “Don't worry a have a little trick in my blood that will save us oh yea” I said in a weird evil voice. “OH and you might want to lock you armor up for this he he”

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I write. I can't write anything that is projected to be less than, like, 300,000 words minimum. But it gives me something to aim towards.  :lol: I love reading fanfictions too. My dream is to have a fanfic of mine be as popular as Fallout Equestria or Anthropology.

We have a great writing help thread here. The link to it is in my signature! It's a great place to get critiques and reviews and help your fellow writers.

• Brohoof 3

The only fanfiction that I have read is "My Little Dashie."  I have never written fanfiction myself, but I have been thinking about it.  I had a few ideas.  I am planning on writing one that is similar to "My Little Dashie," in that it is about a Brony in the real world rather than about the characters in a fictional world.  

I like crossfictions but only if they dont ponyfy the crossed show. Not that im against it, i just like to see chatacters as they are.

Right now i have startred a crossfiction of stargate sg1 and hope to have chapter 1 done soon. Ive read some of the others and there not bad but thought id give it a go.

I have writen what i call an indirect cross fiction with call of duty zombie games. It doesnt cross like characters but more like elements of the game itself.

Its a short story (only 3 chapters) about a meteor that crashes and spike must protect his friends from those who have been zombiefied. (Its NOT grimdark)

Its called "Call of Cutie Zombie Ponies"

I cant post a link but they are in another post i made in th FF section.

Go take a look

• Brohoof 1

Yes I like some good fanfics and yes Im also writing one. Mine, for now, is an attempt to expand the folklore and legends about the land of Equestria, so far I have 4 chapers written and a prologue and Im planning on having at least 15 chapters by the end of this year.

• Brohoof 1

Right now, I've got two stories I'm working on right now down on FimFiction.net.

1:Second Sun. It's a humanized fic with space travel, giant robots and stuff. It's not getting much attention but it's surviving for the most part.

2:Romantic Disasters. My more popular fic with Spike being a secret romantic novelist and gaining a harem out of it. It's doing pretty well so far.

While I wouldn't call myself an author, writing does take up most of my spare time.

I dont like to call it lazy. I say im just takeing my time to really think about what i want to say. For me it comes in spurts. One day i might write a few pages then most times i only write a few lines but at least i have the story worked out in my head first

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

I've read like two fanfics I think, one of them is My Little Dashie, and the other was some sad Fluttershy fic.

Oh and I read @Batbrony Fanfic's first chapter to :).

I plan to start reading more sometime though.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

Yes I have a few fanfic ideas but have only written a few chapters of one idea so far and that is this one fanfic idea where Equestria has an inflationary depression thanks to the overuse of this spell to duplicate money. I also have this Derpy fanfic idea where she has to fight in court to get her daughter Dinky back because she has been unfairly judged mentally unfit to take care of her and this one where granny smith dies and leave Applejack the Apple Family diary to get her to try to finally cope with the death of her parents.

Hey im plasma tail. I was making a good fanfic and so... What do you guys do? Are you fanfic writers? i mean i get lazy sometimes but i do make them my self.

I write fan fiction or rather I'm in the process of writing a series, I keep it to short stories rather than epic novels because I feel I can provide more adventures.

I'm not sure if many fan fic writers do this but I'm trying to avoid including characters from the show itself (except as a back ground or ancillary character) simply because I do t feel I could do the characters justice.

I used to write many years ago as part of an online writing group called 'Nexus'. I haven't done so in years, though so I'm pretty rusty.

I recenty picked up the pen again and wrote a Doctor Whooves story. It's... not so good, but like anything you have to exercise writing muscles to get them back into shape. My wife's proofing the story right now, and hopefully I'll have it ready to publish to FiMFiction soon.

I read 6 long fan-fics and all of them were really good.  I tried my hand at writing one, but it was not well accepted.  (it was a Applety or Rarijack shipping).  That one was written for a contest.   I might try writing another, but as for now, nope.

This topic appears to be a discussion about writing fan fiction and would therefore be better suited in Creative Resources. The Fan Fiction board is a place for writers to showcase their completed or in-progress works for critique. :)

(edited)

A fanfic talking thread, eh?  Interesting. 

Well, I do write some stuff myself.  I'll write any genre so long as I'm in the mood for it (though I usually stick to comedy)

My main story is An Alien Walks Amongst Us.  Here's the synopsis for it:

Lyra, a simple pony with simple dreams.  Dreams involving aliens, that is.  Her fascination with them even got her a job dealing with them, though no one takes it seriously.  Lyra hopes to one day be able to meet one, she just needs to believe.

In comes a human, whom mysteriously gets transported to Equestria.  It's up to Lyra to show the alien the ways of her people!  The power of friendship, magic, and hugs await her on this strange adventure.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

It's a comedic adventure that's pretty long so far.  I also write a few other one shots, such as Day Intolerance In Equestria, Please Proof Me!, and another one I shall not put here because it's too adult.  Most of my stories DO involve a human most of the time so some people may not like it.  It's too bad some people won't even give it a shot because of different things I do from others.  If you like comedy, I would strongly recommend at least trying Day Intolerance In Equestria in my FimFic account.  It's in my signature down below where it says story, below my pictures. 

Does anyone here like comedy in general?  I'm curious to know who does.

post-5025-0-01610900-1362379277.gif

Edited by Hazardus_Havard