gaming If you could change any game, how would you change it?

Xievie

I was thinking of the topic as you can read on the title.

If you could change a game, wether it be story-wise, gameplay-wise, or even making it a ehole new genre, what would it be?

My person thoughts is to take a Legend of Zelda game, possibly Twilight Princess, and make a whole new version. New dungeon designs, enemies, bosses, etc. With the thought of making them more challenging and require thinking and self coordination.

Right now I could beat all of more Legend of Zelda games with a half- responding controller and still not have any issues completing it.

Some games like Orcarina proved to be a decent challenge, but Twilight and Skyward were disappointing jokes in terms of difficulty.

Anyone else have a game they'd like to alter in any way, shape or form?

If I wanted to change a game, I would change Call of Duty.  I would instead of having the Activision team and Treyarch team work on the game, I would have the developers of Modern Warfare 2 make the Black Ops division of Call of Duty.

I'd make sure to add new perks, guns, attachments, graphics, anything that can help the community and game in any way I can.

I'd say probably Sonic 06

And how would I modify it?

Well....

- Get rid of Silver and actually get a character that has a better design to it

- Finish the damn game off, since it seems like as if they didn't wanna finish it off

- Actually give it the same look as it did in the beginning/intro thingy

- Get rid of the girl, just get her out, we don't need bestiality in video games

- Lower the difficulty of that game, it's like the whole thing is almost impossible to beat

....actually scratch all of that

Sonic 06 can never be rescued from the heaping pile of crap that it is

• Brohoof 4

I'd say probably Sonic 06

And how would I modify it?

Well....

- Get rid of Silver and actually get a character that has a better design to it

- Finish the damn game off, since it seems like as if they didn't wanna finish it off

- Actually give it the same look as it did in the beginning/intro thingy

- Get rid of the girl, just get her out, we don't need bestiality in video games

- Lower the difficulty of that game, it's like the whole thing is almost impossible to beat

....actually scratch all of that

Sonic 06 can never be rescued from the heaping pile of crap that it is

The game can be saved! We simply have to start with completely rewriting the physics engine, improve the level design, put in some new characters... you know, it's actually far past saving now that I think about it...

Anyway, on to something a little more possible. I would take custom robo for the gamecube and add online functionality. Player servers, server lobbies and a consistently growing list of parts to battle and experiment with.

I would take every racing game ever and add power ups. Yeah, I'm talking about taking games like Gran Turismo and Forza and turning them into something like Mario Kart or Rumble Racing because those are the only racing games I can stand playing.

I would take all the recent Resident Evil's and make them more survival horror like the series used to be instead of how action packed it is now. 

Sonic '06 is pretty bad, but I love the Game Grumps videos about it. :D

I'd take Fallout: New Vegas and give more Legion stuff to do. Not that I think they're awesome or anything, but as a faction, they're not as fleshed out as the developers wanted, apparently.

• Brohoof 1

But they're EVIL. Women have the not so great life in their empire. And slaves. And crucifixes. Reminds me of Randall Flagg from the Stand. Are you reading that book? Hm? :P

If I could change a game, it would be FF13. I would change it so that it would not suck so hard. Like, add another character to the cast that I could be more than "meh" about (or give Sazh better stats) take away the long hallway and replace it with an explorable world, remove Lightning and Hope from the game completely, add more npc's/give them more face time, etc.

Sonic '06 is pretty bad, but I love the Game Grumps videos about it. :D

I'd take Fallout: New Vegas and give more Legion stuff to do. Not that I think they're awesome or anything, but as a faction, they're not as fleshed out as the developers wanted, apparently.

Hope you got F: NV for PC. If not, this Nexus research I just did is for nothing(although, I think I might use these mods now that I found them, despite not being a Legion guy).

Note: I did see some other Legion overhaul mods not on the Nexus, but I didn't look into them because I am lazy, busy, and I don't like change. So, I went with Nexus-only.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36503

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45557

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Stardox Adventures

- First of all, I'd give it more development time so it won't feel rushed

- Fill all of the plotholes that the game was unable to fill(Krystal's background for example)

- Speaking of which, I'd make her playable in the second half, rather than have her be useless thoughout the entire game....and change her outfit to the Dinosaur Planet one

- Have Falco come back in the middle of the game rather than in the very end

- FIGHT GENERAL SCALES!

- Make it more appropriote for the Starfox universe, while still having it retain it's original charm.

Final Fantasy VIII

- Give Zell, Quistis, Selphie, and Irvine more time to shine

- Give more explanation about Ultimecia

- Rework the Junction System, get rid of "Stocked Magic" and bring back MP, but keep the ability to junction spells to stats and abilities

- Don't make it so monsters level up while with you

- More Laguna

Megaman X Command Mission

- Make it longer, it's way too short for an RPG

- Make all the characters more relevant, it sucks that the characters are forgotten once Axl joins your group, it especially sucks for Marino

Megaman X6

- Make the plot twists less retarded("I hid myself to repair myself". Ugh)

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

- Add Megaman, Gene, Gambit, and Venom

Megaman X7

- Burn it

Edited by Megas75

Hope you got F: NV for PC. If not, this Nexus research I just did is for nothing(although, I think I might use these mods now that I found them, despite not being a Legion guy).

Note: I did see some other Legion overhaul mods not on the Nexus, but I didn't look into them because I am lazy, busy, and I don't like change. So, I went with Nexus-only.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36503

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45557

Sorry, PS3 for me. Glitches galore and no chance for mods... :( That's awesome that these exist though. Thanks very much for linking! :D

Duke Nukem Forever.

...everything.

I don't even know if it's salvageable though.

I'd also make Grim Fandango longer and with MOAR LIVVY.

And I'd make Morrowind the exact same game but with more quests, bigger, and even more epic graphics. :3

(edited)

I would change Call of Duty. I would put Tactical-Rainbooms in the game to replace the Nuke.

Tactical-Rainboom incoming! tolerance_bomb_by_mortuaryjoe-d57ojnv.gi

That's what i'd change.rainbow_dash_face___smiley_edition_by_te

Edited by KToadstool

COD:  Eliminate the ability to Drop-shot, making go-to-prone a longer process. 

Halo 4: Bring back vehicles like the Specture, Brute Chopper and Hornet in multiplayer. 

Skyrim: Get Bethesda to remake it from the ground up so that it didn't take place in Skyrim and wasn't about the Dragonborn.

Crysis 3: Increase Hip-Fire bullet spread.

Far Cry 3: Completely remove multiplayer and put extra development into the Campaign.

Advanced Wars: Days Of Ruin: Put more emphasis on the buff of having your CO in a unit

Starcraft 2: Give Ultralisks more armor, make Hydralisks faster, and nerf void rays

Faster Than Light: An option to speed up battles.

I would remake Spore into the amazing original vision, change the design to a more serious look, and provide more freedom and fun in Space stage (more complex interactions with other empires, less pestering, more that you can do in general).

• Brohoof 1

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I'd change it so that it wasn't so reliant on Scripting. Every action in that game is scripted, to the point where you can predict what's going to happen.

It still remains one of my favorite games tot his day, but it needs a revamp to that specific part. Maybe they'll change it in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

• Brohoof 1

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I'd change it so that it wasn't so reliant on Scripting. Every action in that game is scripted, to the point where you can predict what's going to happen.

It still remains one of my favorite games tot his day, but it needs a revamp to that specific part. Maybe they'll change it in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Dude, that's pretty genius. I know that a lot of the events are scripted, not that I've actually gathered the balls to complete my first playthrough.

What I'm thinking, is maybe Amensia with non-scripted AI, and random level generation. Holy shit that would be scary.

OMG, In StarFox Adventures (Mind you, its a great game in all) but, the freakin Lightfoot test of strength and test of fear. I would make those less hard and less impossible...well they are possible, but still, both of those tests takes me like like 1000 years to complete ._.

Dude, that's pretty genius. I know that a lot of the events are scripted, not that I've actually gathered the balls to complete my first playthrough.

What I'm thinking, is maybe Amensia with non-scripted AI, and random level generation. Holy shit that would be scary.

I hope to god one of the crew at Frictional is reading this. 

They could maybe add different enemies too, rather than the three default ones.

Game: Sonic '06

Variable: Everything

In particular: That this game was even made

If you don't know what game i'm talking about just watch this; it literally explains everything:

(edited)

I'D REMOVE IVS FROM POKEMON

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THAT MECHANIC

It's pointless, complicated, not enjoyable and makes it needlessly hard to get good competitive mons.

Edited by Bluebell

Give Bioshock 2 a New Game+ mode. Seriously, New Game+ is one of my favourite videogame features, and I was soo pissed that the original Bioshock had it, but not the sequel. I mean, what the hell? New Game+ adds a whole new level of replayability, it keeps me coming back for more.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd change SSX 2012 to be more like the original. The newer SSX had great graphics and OK courses but one thing that bothers me is the amount of bottomless pits they put on the courses. It becomes very frustrating to keep rewinding because of the countless times you keep diving in those stupid pits.