Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP censored

Jay

(edited)

I was told the show was censored in Canada where random words were bleped out.  I wondered why and can somepony can show me a clip..

Edited by Jay

Could you tell us what episode you're talking about?

I wonder what they would bleep out. What on MLP would be be bad enough that it would need censoring?

Yea, it was in Party of One. That's all I remember though. They just muted the word "losers"... It was kind of funny actually. The only channel that plays it up here is super kid friendly, so it's odd they didn't delete the episode all together.

No video I can fine though.

What really?  Thats strange Xd, I don't know why they would bother censoring "Loser" its not that bad of a word, kids could be saying much worse I guess. :P.

Idk maybe I'm just not thinking like a good parent Xd.

That's pretty funny that it is censored in Canada for a kids show. :P I find that pretty hilarious, actually. :P But I guess it is way better then MLP in German.

Well, that is something.  Super kid friendly channel blocking out losers though isn't that strange to me.  It actually may sound worse with the censored word.

Odd that My Little Pony would be censored in the country that the majority of the work is done on it, but oh well, guess they just put it on the wrong network there. :P

Yeah, some episodes were censored here in Canada. It's really annoying to watch the episodes with random bleeps everywhere, take a look: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITr90v7UaNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNoeEqIcQw

Comedy gold right here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Brohoof 4

I agree with @Luna Moonshire bleeping makes it seem like they're swearing, but it seems very likely that things such as this is common-place there. I doubt the kids watching think much of it. Now imagine if all stations got censored like this O_O

Ummm.... O_o

Wouldn't making bleeps make the show seem more mature then it actually is. When I hear a bleep I think that they are saying something that may be inappropriate. So ya this makes it look bad.

0_o

Welp, thats kinda stupid, I'm sure some Parents would take it to mean something more than it Is.

Although, In my country Every second damn word of Adventure time is censored, so

Whatta ya gonna do

Censoring "loser" in the case of Trixie's line is the WORST possible time to do it, because given that she's an antagonist and a total jerk, it's entirely believable that she'd curse.

And yeah, the two videos with loads of censor bleeps? Genius. Unfortunately, I can never watch the first two episodes quite the same way again. XD

(edited)

Censoring it makes it seem worse! What was the quote? "The only thing they'll call you is loser!"

It is now "The only thing they will call you is *****."

Genius, real genius.

FlutterShy: "I never *BLEEP* a baby dragon before."

Rainbow Dash: "A chance to *BLEEP* the wonder bolts"

I agree 100%..... I am laughing SOO hard at this...  O canada... what are we gonna do with you?

Edited by ResistenceXD0001

Kids have dirty minds. You censor the word "loser", and the first thing to come to their mind will probably be the "F" word.

Party of One with constant F-bombs would be pretty surreal, though. O_o

No wonder i dont like Canada LOL bunch of idiots, they got screwed on an oil deal with the US (they have to give 30% of what they make to the US) and now they bleep out ponies? not cool man..

MLP doesn't belong on Treehouse (Our preschooler channel). YTV is much more audience appropriate. I think it was only picked up for Treehouse based on the preconception of "Cartoon ponies. Young children will eat that up." Clueless to it's wider demographic and now that's on the wrong channel, they have to deal with Canada's VERY strict TV policies. YTV is Treehouse parents station, so it should be easy enough to make the swap to their general youth station. Surely they know about the shows fandom and think it's kind of weird airing next to Big Comfy Couch and The Fuzzpaws.

Oh that Canada censorship's nothing, you should see what I found out on a "Worst of MLP in Foreign Languages" video tonight.  Get this, in Turkey, about 5 episodes between Seasons 1 and 2 were BANNED ( :huh: the most puzzling being "Showstoppers," seriously, I can't figure that one out), and quite a few scenes were skipped in numerous episodes in Turkey.  Man, certainly sucks to be a Turkish brony!  ;)

Oh that Canada censorship's nothing, you should see what I found out on a "Worst of MLP in Foreign Languages" video tonight.  Get this, in Turkey, about 5 episodes between Seasons 1 and 2 were BANNED ( :huh: the most puzzling being "Showstoppers," seriously, I can't figure that one out), and quite a few scenes were skipped in numerous episodes in Turkey.  Man, certainly sucks to be a Turkish brony!  ;)

Really.. I did heard of this but never really belived it.  Im wonder why they banned random episodes?

Also I once hard another country banned Derpy and they had to cencored her out in older episoders..