Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bronies are Anti-Heroes?

~/XC- BRONY\~

(edited)

IN my Class today, we were talking about anti heroes. an anti hero is pretty much a person who does something that is against Social norms and does just because he or she wants to. and it made me think, bronies in general are kind of anti heroes. but my question is: is there any Specific Brony that you would call an anti hero, like as in an anti hero for liking the show? (because bronies, like it or not, are still against social norms)

Edited by ~/XC- BRONY\~
  • Brohoof 1

A specific Anti Hero Brony....

My friend most likely.... He is a grammar Nazi who openly contridicts people on their spelling...

So he is doing good, by being a bit of an ass...

So I suppose he is an anti-hero xD

• Brohoof 4

Nice haha, except that wasn't what I meant. I meant like a brony that is respected and known by a lot of us for liking the show and being super open about it, not caring what us or society thinks

Well no bronies are anti-heroes since we dont do anything against public health we are following the flow just like anybody else... I even have a friend who like child shows but not MLP and hes still not an anti-hero so to specific non of us are also respect others liking if you cant do that you are an anti-hero thats the point of view you gotta have not one who mean you are an anti-hero yourself because we are the ones we are not others thats whats important.

Seeing antihero and social norms being used together like this really bothers me. I've only ever seen antihero being used for discussing book/ movie/ etc characters so it's really weird seeing it here. It sounds like what you're describing is just members of a counter culture but I'll let it go for now.

I can't say I could pick one brony over any other but I haven't really been around long enough to know much about many of the well known members of the fandom.

(edited)

I think you're misinterpreting what an anti-hero is. An anti-hero is basically, a heroic figure who does not display the qualities of virtue such as selflessness and modesty. Anti heroes instead do things for their own gain, and go against social norms to make a statement. Most bronies can't really be considered heroic, and most just watch the show and use its merchandise just because (they arent trying to say anything other than, I watch MLP).

Edited by Krein
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

alright yea I see what you guys mean, I think I missed the bold details. haha. thanks for the help anyways, even if my idea of an anti hero was wrong XD

Well this brings up my next Question: Who Is an Anti hero in our society today?

Edited by ~/XC- BRONY\~

I think you're misinterpreting what an anti-hero is. An anti-hero is basically, a heroic figure who does not display the qualities of virtue such as selfishness and modesty. Anti heroes instead do things for their own gain, and go against social norms to make a statement. Most bronies can't really be considered heroic, and most just watch the show and use its merchandise just because (they arent trying to say anything other than, I watch MLP).

I'm a hero wherein I do things for my own gain that just happen to help other people.

I can think of a few anti-heroes in the brony community, but they are more types of bronies as opposed to anyone specific.

I don't think bronies are essentially "heroes" in the first place, just because of an interest in a show that's thought to be aimed at little girls.

Edited by ~Vallo~