Cutie Mark Crusaders Fan Club

~Scootaloo

199 users have voted

1. 1. Which crusader do you think does not get quite enough attention?

• Sweetie Belle
    • Scootaloo
    • Apple Bloom
    • [Other - post in thread]
  2. 2. Do you want the show to show the CMC getting their cutie marks?

• Yes - I want to see them get their cutie marks.
    • No - I'd rather it remain a mystery.

Rewatching a few episodes, I think I like the CMC a little more than the mane six. Normally, I don't like kid characters but these four are different. They're just downright adorable. In order, I like them as Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and then Babs Seed. All of them are absolutely adorable but Apple Bloom just seems to take the spot as my favourite pony in the entire show.

the_fourth_crusader_by_killryde-d5mfgut.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Two pics of my favorite Cutie Mark Crusader and my favorite member of Team Sugar Lump Rumps...getting along with each other.

happy_birthday_______blank_flank_by_sgtg

tumblr_nojj48_Xoe11tas5a4o1_500.png

Someday I'm gonna' write a fanfic about Silver Spoon and Scootaloo forming a secret friendship behind Diamond Tiara and the Cutie Mark Crusaders' backs.

Cutie Mark Crusaders as the main characters of South Park. No surprise Diamond Tiara is Eric Cartman:
attachicon.gifcutie_mark_crusaders___diamond_tiara_vs_south_park_by_abstrakt_girl-d803d8d.jpg

If Di ever became a Crusader, she'd probably be their token evil teammate (ala. Eric), too.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 2

Two pics of my favorite Cutie Mark Crusader and my favorite member of Team Sugar Lump Rumps...getting along with each other.

sig-3781218.happy_birthday_______blank_f

sig-3781218.tumblr_nojj48_Xoe11tas5a4o1_

Someday I'm gonna' write a fanfic about Silver Spoon and Scootaloo forming a secret friendship behind Diamond Tiara and the Cutie Mark Crusaders' backs.

If Di ever became a Crusader, she'd probably be their token evil teammate (ala. Eric), too.

You know, a recently completed fic, they became good friends at the end  :lol: . Too bad it happened because of a tragedy  :(

(edited)

I am really loving this artist lately. Here's her take on the CMCs — Apple Bloom in particular is adorable.

"Buy some apples!"

Here it is, pretty short fot how long it took to finish, but well worth it  :yay:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/92801/why-am-i-crying

I'mma have to read it later, 'cause I'm going to bed right now. sig-3786770.1ALI.png

Also, good move on the author's part to have it take place before Season 4 and Flight to the Finish - that episode (along with Filli Vanilli*) is probably my least favorite of that season, if not the series. Not only is it painful to watch, but it's got several glaring issues:

1) By this point in the series, it was well established that Di and Silver's insults were juvenile and ineffectual and that the Cutie Mark Crusaders' found them more tiresome than legitimately hurtful. That's why Babs' was such a threat in One Bad Apple (another episode I'm not fond of) - unlike Di and Silver who were content with just being catty and sarcastic, Babs' took her bullying to the next level by stalking and threatening the CMC's with physical violence. In an odd way, I almost think it was the writers way of justifying their decision to redeem Babs' back in Season 3. "Sure, Babs' stalked the CMC's, caused property damage to Sweet Apple Acres and threatened them with physical violence if they told Applejack - but atleast she never picked on a cripple!" Neither Diamond nor Silver have stooped this low before nor since, so technically they were out of character. You could argue that they don't have any character aside from being one-dimensional antagonists, but either way, this episode was not consistent with Diamond or Silver's usual methods.

2) Why was Scootaloo of all ponies taking Di and Silver's teasing so seriously? She's probably got the thickest-skin of the Cutie Mark Crusaders' as well as a bit of an attitude of her own (which is why she's my favorite Crusader :smug: ), so why is she paying any mind to two ponies she no doubt holds in contempt? If any member of the CMC shouldn't have been fazed by their teasing, it's Scootaloo. This isn't even touching on the fact that both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom have made fun of her inability to fly before and all it did was make her mad. The writers made Scootaloo uncharacteristically sensitive for the sake of the plot and so they could make her an object of pity with whom the audience would side with out of guilt.

sig-3786770.834559__safe_meme_exploitabl

3)  How did the Cutie Mark Crusaders' throw together such an amazing routine together on the fly? There was literally an entire episode about the Cutie Mark Crusaders' struggling to put together a routine for their School Talent Show - why weren't they struggling to create a routine for the Equestrian equivalent of the Olympic Games?

Supposedly, this episode was an early treatment for The Show Stoppers that was scrapped by Hasbro for being too dark. It was eventually retooled and produced as a Season 4 episode for fanservice purposes (namely for the "Scootaloo is an orphan/cripple/sad sack" crowd). If it'd been a Season 1 episode, perhaps I'd have been more lenient with it; as it stands - however - they made several well-established characters OOC for the sake of the plot.

*To be fair, that episode did give us Zipporwhill, which is more than I can say for Flight to the Finish.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

*To be fair, that episode did give us Zipporwhill, which is more than I can say for Flight to the Finish.

Didn't she showed up in Filly Vanilli instead? :huh:

(edited)

I finally have all 3 Build A Bear CMCs and I thought I would post the picture here for fellow CMC fans. See below. post-26379-0-20755400-1432575641_thumb.jpg Now I can act out my favorite scenes from my favorite Cutie Mark Crusader episodes like Bloom and Gloom,Flight to the Finish and For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils LOL. In this picture I like to imagine them singing either Hearts As Strong As Horses or Babs Seed LOL.

Edited by StitchandMLPlover
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Just look at the cuties looking at some fishies

sig-3823136.sig-3823136.12.jpg

Now at the beach 

sig-3823136.29.jpg

dawwww, look at the Cutie Wootsie Mark Crusaders  :wub:

Cutiemarkcuties.png

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2