Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What about MLP Forums makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

Wingnut

My last forum lounge thread was self-centered so I want to thank everybody who participated in that for humoring me. Today I'm posting a YOU centered topic. What are the little things about this forum that makes your day? Why do you get a smile on your face and a song in your heart when sign in here?  What causes you to leave MLP Forums in a better mood than the one you arrived with? ;)

Here's my list:

For starters, the fact that everyone shares my interest in the best cartoon on TV today. It's one of life's guilty little pleasures. Few things are as satisfying as watching the latest episode and then hashing it out with fellow fans.

I have friends who know my interests and posting habits so well that they can predict my next post. Or so it seems. I've posted several big items about Fluttershy during the last week or so. And almost every time it took four minutes or less for the same two buddies to brohoof each one. I know I'm just an online acquaintance they feel zero emotional attachment to. But when they brohoof my replies faster than it takes Fluttershy to fly the length of a football field, I feel the love. :wub:

Things like race, nationality, age, and gender don't matter here. Our common love of MLP:FiM supersedes all those differences. I know some members have legitimate reasons to conceal their stats. But others do so because they're worried that they're so far from the forum average that they might be viewed as weird. Ahem. We came here because we like to watch a cartoon for little girls. We're ALL "weird" when you think about it. I personally have been upfront about my age and gender since I arrived. I think being honest about things like this helps prevent awkward moments. Other than a light-hearted "old-man" joke from a teenager here, my age has never had any impact on my relations with fellow members.

I was touched by the way the members reassured me when I had a moment of doubt whether anybody cared about my large posts or not. At the time I had put up two big, essay like items that got almost no feedback. They made me realize that it was mostly due to a bout of bad luck and, in the case of my Five Reasons for Fluttershy piece, people had simply gotten tired of reading oversized posts in that thread.

I like how I can submit the most random idea and have it turn into a runaway hit with the members. Yes, I'm talking about my first questionnaire that deals with members' individual perspective on changing technology, times, and recent events. I had pretty high hopes when I started that thread, expecting 20-something replies at the most. It actually went up to 106!

I think that'll do it for me. How do your fellow members make YOU feel loved and wanted?  :)

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 5

The simple fact that I have friends and people to connect with here, something I barely have anything of elsewhere in my life. This is an amazing community and I can come here and just talk, without most of the same anxiety that I would feel everywhere else.

Most of the members here are also incredibly encouraging. They have helped me accept me for who I am and I have accepted that I do not need to do what everyone else is doing (For example, it always depressed me that a lot of other people are going to college when I have no interest to, but I know it doesn't matter now and I am fine with where I am at in life). I should just be myself and do what I enjoy. That is something special and it is an incredible feeling.

Being someone who is autistic, I have an incredibly weird way of thinking and many personality quirks. It is such a great feeling when people will actually say that they understand and not judge you for it.

There is also people here who are great at giving advice. Making something and then having a member tell you how you did and how you can improve is awesome and it always make me feel happy, because I know that it can only help me improve. Getting a brohoof a post of something that I made is a nice feeling as well.

There are many things about this forum that makes me happy and I will say this, without this show and its community, I probably would have drowned in depression long ago. So thank you all for being an amazing community of friends. :)

(Apologies for my awkward wordings at times)

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

What makes me feel loved and wanted?

Posting a post that is supposed to be funny and someone actually laughs at my random humor. I guess that's how Pinkie Pie feels

• Brohoof 1

What makes me feel loved and wanted or warm and fuzzy inside is, how when I make a post on a certain topic and my friends brohoof it or at least the staff too. I find that the forums always puts a smile on my face.

• Brohoof 2

What makes me feel loved and wanted or warm and fuzzy inside is, how when I make a post on a certain topic and my friends brohoof it or at least the staff too. I find that the forums always puts a smile on my face.

I like it when Feld0 brohoofs my posts.

It's happened a few times before.

• Brohoof 3

I know I'm just an online acquaintance they feel zero emotional attachment to.

I'm sure whoever those people are like you more than that.

The Spitfire banner makes me feel warm. Have you seen that thing?

I'd have to say all of the friends I've made. The community here is amazing, and I can talk about all sorts of things with the people I've met here. In the old days I would have been really afraid to share my thoughts or anything on a place like this, but wouldn't you know that I'm working on a (hopefully) epic fanfic that will be on here shortly? This place is so welcoming and helpful that I've become much more confident.  It's even spilled over into real life and the tennis forum I visit occasionally. Now I can stand up to all the immature punks there :).

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=289686

It also helps to post something thoughtful and to get positive feedback from it :)

• Brohoof 2

Nothing. My heart is cold and empty as the farthest reaches of space, filled with nothing but a few errant particles hovering at just above absolute zero. Nothing can make me feel warm and fuzzy. NOTHING.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I like it when Feld0 brohoofs my posts.

Me too.  I got three from him in the last couple of weeks or so.

I'm sure whoever those people are like you more than that.

Those people are too kind.  :)

Nothing. My heart is cold and empty as the farthest reaches of space, filled with nothing but a few errant particles hovering at just above absolute zero. Nothing can make me feel warm and fuzzy. NOTHING.

Denial.  The first sign that you're in love with this forum.  :wub:

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2