Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If King Sombra wielded The Alicorn Amulet?

Bendy

Note: Not exactly sure where to post this.

Just say he comes fully back to life and gets his hooves on The Alicorn Amulet?

I think all bucking hell would be unleashed.

It would be awesome! Someone talented writer gotta write that!

He's probably become as powerful like the dark lord Morgoth.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

If he somehow manged to get his hooves on the Alicorn Amulet, then we'd be all f**ked. His eyes would glow even more red and maybe even a monsterous transformation.

Edited by Azura
  • Brohoof 2

Actually, he'd probably come full circle.

Let's be fair he was already quite an evil pony......you know with the whole enslavement thing......

Just because his role in the show was diminished doesn't mean he really was.  (most underrated villain ever)  Regardless, I'm sure the amulet would look inside and go "oh goody time to corrupt this into a twisted vestige of what he was!"  Then it would realize that the only way to do that is to twist all the way and make him super happy, friendly, kind, etc.

If anything, he'd be more horrifying this way, as everypony would think that he's snapped...

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I think that a lot depends on what the power of the Alicorn Amulet actually is.  Does it actually grant the wearer a power boost, or does it only allow them to access a certain amount of magical power?  In other words, would Sombra + amulet be equal in power to Trixie + amulet?  If that were the case, I doubt it would do much.  Sombra was a pretty powerful unicorn; adding the amulet likely wouldn't boost his power too much, if at all.  If the amulet actually grants a boost to power though, seeing how much it boosted Trixie's power, I imagine that Sombra would use the opportunity to go all Sephiroth in Equestria and destroy the world and then remake it in his image.

The amulet isn't really something that would compliment Sombra. Think about it, the amulet's purpose is to make you evil and powerful. King Sombra is already both of those things.

Though, it would probably go well with Twilight...

King Sombra would truly be a monster than not that he isn't already, but with the massive boost of power that the alicorn amulet gave to Trixie King Sombra could rival Discord for all we know.

If Sombra had the Alicorn Amulet, it would just have more corrupt then he already is. He would just enslave the whole Crystal Empire, well not Luna, Celestia,Cadence, or Shining Armor. But, he would enslave all of the crystal ponies.

• 3 weeks later...

It could be like that skyrim DLC: dragonborn. STOP READING NOW IF YOURE GOING TO PLAY IT OR ARE DOING SO. King Sombra has an incredibly powerful representative (who uses his power) who the mane 6 have to stop. Forget the ending though, that needs to be rethought. Would make a great fanfic though if cleverly and well written.

From what we've seen of King Sombra's magic in the Crystal Empire, I doubt he'd need it. In terms of magical ability, King Sombra would probably be around the fourth most powerful being to appear in the show so far (first being Celestia, then Luna, then Discord, then Sombra, then Cadence, then Shining Armor, then Chrysalis, then Twilight.) This is not in terms of raw ability (Celestia said Twilight had the most raw ability she'd seen in a unicorn), but in terms of both ability and the knowledge of how to use it. 

Thankfully, magical ability is nothing up against light and love, so, with or without the alicorn amulet, Sombra could still be defeated by the crystal ponies channeling their energies of love and light into the crystal heart. I just don't think that the alicorn amulet would make much if any difference in terms of his magical power, because of how powerful he already was.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I have a theory, actually, that the Alicorn Amulet is what corrupted him. Like, notice how Trixie was forcing Ponyville to do her bidding and actually doing violent things to them. (she tried to make somepony actually WRITHE IN AGONY) She was pretty much enslaving them (that's what Sombra did the the Crystal Empire). And Sombra has a verrry similar color scheme to the Alicorn amulet.

So I think that Sombra once wore the Amulet too long  and he was permanently changed into a dark being (and Trixie almost faced the same fate). That would give more reason for the Amulet to revive him, too. I hope he comes back!

Edited by Viridian Daybreak
  • Brohoof 2

I think this is one of those "What if Morgoth got the One Ring?" kind of questions. Giving a sword to an unarmed person makes them more dangerous, but giving it to a robot with whirring sawblades for hands really doesn't. He might want it for his collection but, aesthetics aside, it isn't going to do much for him.

Note: Not exactly sure where to post this.

Just say he comes fully back to life and gets his hooves on The Alicorn Amulet?

I think all bucking hell would be unleashed.

It would be awesome! Someone talented writer gotta write that!

He's probably become as powerful like the dark lord Morgoth.

Gandalf and Morgoth: partners in crime! XD

I used to annoy my older sister with that. XD

Seriously, though, Azura here say it all.

If he somehow manged to get his hooves on the Alicorn Amulet, then we'd be all f**ked. His eyes would glow even more red and maybe even a monsterous transformation.

• Brohoof 1

I actually think he might have a chance a against Princess Celestia and Princess Luna with the Elements of Harmony, He was strong enough to enslave the Crystal Empire by himself with his dark magic, but then to amplify his powers with the amulet...I think hell will be unleashed, I'd like to see Discord go against him except this time he will be more serious about it xP (Even though I already love his playfulness)

I have a theory, actually, that the Alicorn Amulet is what corrupted him. Like, notice how Trixie was forcing Ponyville to do her bidding and actually doing violent things to them. (she tried to make somepony actually WRITHE IN AGONY) She was pretty much enslaving them (that's what Sombra did the the Crystal Empire). And Sombra has a verrry similar color scheme to the Alicorn amulet.

So I think that Sombra once wore the Amulet too long  and he was permanently changed into a dark being (and Trixie almost faced the same fate). That would give more reason for the Amulet to revive him, too. I hope he comes back!

I like this theory the best.  Take a look at the amulet and Sombra side-by-side.  The colors and overall style of these two designs are very, very in sync.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sombra was the original owner of the amulet 1000 years ago, whether he crafted it himself (matching his style), or found it and his style got altered to match it.  The amulet could have given him the power to rule over the Crystal Empire, weather with bad intentions or not in the beginning.  It then corrupted him like Trixie, and made him go insane until he was eventually defeated by Celestia & Luna.  Maybe some subplot about Luna somehow getting ahold of the amulet eventually turning her into Nightmare Moon (fits so perfectly with the events of S3 Ep 1 + 2)!

The amulet was then hidden, possibly stolen by some treasure hunter (think Daring Do), and eventually found its way into Trixie's hands.

Now, we do not know how long it was before the events of Magic Duel when Trixie got the amulet in the beginning of the episode.  What if, at the beginning when she got her hands on the amulet, that actually took place before the season 3 opener?  What if her actually using said amulet was somehow what reawakened Sombra?

So much potential......  That being said I'd love to see more Sombra in season 4.

• Brohoof 1

I like this theory the best.  Take a look at the amulet and Sombra side-by-side.  The colors and overall style of these two designs are very, very in sync.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sombra was the original owner of the amulet 1000 years ago, whether he crafted it himself (matching his style), or found it and his style got altered to match it.  The amulet could have given him the power to rule over the Crystal Empire, weather with bad intentions or not in the beginning.  It then corrupted him like Trixie, and made him go insane until he was eventually defeated by Celestia & Luna.  Maybe some subplot about Luna somehow getting ahold of the amulet eventually turning her into Nightmare Moon (fits so perfectly with the events of S3 Ep 1 + 2)!

The amulet was then hidden, possibly stolen by some treasure hunter (think Daring Do), and eventually found its way into Trixie's hands.

Now, we do not know how long it was before the events of Magic Duel when Trixie got the amulet in the beginning of the episode.  What if, at the beginning when she got her hands on the amulet, that actually took place before the season 3 opener?  What if her actually using said amulet was somehow what reawakened Sombra?

So much potential......  That being said I'd love to see more Sombra in season 4.

Aaaaactually, if Sombra is supposed to be an Sauron-like figure, then him having made the Alicorn Amulet would make sense as that would be his equivalent to the One Ring.

Which means that the reason why Sombra.... Heh. Yeah, like Sauron he's incomplete without his invested talisman. And officially unkillable, although it takes a long time for him to come back from being 'dispersed'.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

All hell would break loose.

Maybe he'd turn into a genie.

Edited by Royal Samurott

For all we know, Sombra could've created the Alicorn Amulet in the first place. At the very least that's my personal head canon.

In the end, it would seem like Sombra would be granted even more power as I would think that a unicorn who can wield dark & powerful magic in the first place would be granted even more from the amulet.

He would be better than before. Obviously, but he needs to be better.

Bah, he's fine. :P

For all we know, Sombra could've created the Alicorn Amulet in the first place. At the very least that's my personal head canon.

In the end, it would seem like Sombra would be granted even more power as I would think that a unicorn who can wield dark & powerful magic in the first place would be granted even more from the amulet.

Bah, he's fine. :P

Your love for Sombra never disappoints, bro.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Your love for Sombra never disappoints, bro.  :lol:

Good to know. You have to expect this from me in villain threads. ;)