Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone keep a Brony journal?

DoctorWhovian1902

This is just a question off the top of my head, but does anyone keep a journal of their events as a Brony?

Take a wild guess why I'm asking...yes I do keep a separate journal for my events in the fandom (I have a regular journal as well).

So what about you guys? Do any of you have journals about being a Brony? (Bonus question: Would anyone actually read the journal if I edited it a bit (mainly the names being removed amongst other things) and put it somewhere? I think it's at least fairly interesting.)

• Brohoof 4

I'm afraid not. I prefer to talk about my Brony experiences on here. I'm not very good about keeping journals anyway. And I don't have many Brony-ish things happen to me that often.

• Brohoof 3

Well the only problem I have is that I don't keep a actual journel in the first place really, and even if I did i'd get sore and tired fast, and my handwriting sucks.

Of course I actually thought about it at times, especially considering how few people I talk to IRL :P. But yeah my handwritings so bad and writing makes my arm sore pretty fast, so I tend not to like it as much.

Now typing I can do much much better :P, definitely preferred.

• Brohoof 1

No, not exactly the closest thing I have to that is when I use the blog feature on this site though that only represents a portion of my blog posts as most of them are rants about my crappy dead end job and how they keep screwing me over.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I don't use the blog I created here at all. There are some entries in it but.. I'm so lazy about making more. I may or may not add another entry sometime but it's certainly not a brony journal/blog.

• Brohoof 1

Afraid not. I have tried the whole journal thing before but I can't really stick to it. I do have freewrites sorta haphazardly though, so I do write about various topics. Of course since I write everything that pops into my head none of the brony subjects get filtered out.huh.png

Would anyone actually read the journal if I edited it a bit (mainly the names being removed amongst other things) and put it somewhere?

I'm not sure if I would. I probably would just because I read all that stuff out curiosity I guess. But for now that's a "definitely maybe" from me.

• Brohoof 1

My memory is all the journal I really need. My journaling skills are...well, non existent. :P I have two blogs here, but one I use to mainly muse about the fandom, the other is a general personal blog. I haven't really blogged much about my personal experiences with the fandom yet, though (with the exception to my reaction to BronyDoc).

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have a journal/diary to record any pegasister/brony events mostly because almost every brony experience has been either: 

A: posted here on the forums both good and bad (take your pick lol)

or

B: Drawn on one of my drawing pads (i'm too creative for my own good, lol)

I wouldn't object to getting one but then again, I wouldn't want to waste a perfectly good journal that could be used for some writing and/or drawing in >_>

• Brohoof 1

This is just a question off the top of my head, but does anyone keep a journal of their events as a Brony?

Take a wild guess why I'm asking...yes I do keep a separate journal for my events in the fandom (I have a regular journal as well).

So what about you guys? Do any of you have journals about being a Brony? (Bonus question: Would anyone actually read the journal if I edited it a bit (mainly the names being removed amongst other things) and put it somewhere? I think it's at least fairly interesting.)

I'd take a look at your journal, it sounds pretty interesting.

I currently don't keep any journals myself. When something happens to me I usually just tell friends about it. If it's MLP related, it's either to one of my best IRL friends, or to one of my best online friends who is also a brony. 

Keeping a journal is a good idea, though. It's a good way to express and organize your thoughts on a regular basis.

• Brohoof 1

I don't keep any sort of specific brony journal...the posts that I make on the forums are probably the closet thing I have to that.

Sometimes I mention the adventures of being a brony in my regular journal that I keep and I think that's enough. I don't honestly believe I would have enough daily content to keep up a brony one anyway. :P

• Brohoof 1

Dear Princess Celestia,

Sincerely,

Your Faithful Student, Circadian

P.S.

There is really no way to know how many chameleons are in this room right now.

(edited)

I don't keep any sort of specific brony journal...the posts that I make on the forums are probably the closet thing I have to that.

Sometimes I mention the adventures of being a brony in my regular journal that I keep and I think that's enough. I don't honestly believe I would have enough daily content to keep up a brony one anyway. tongue.png

Neither do I, but I write in it whenever something interesting/noteworthy occurs, which ranges from weekly to every few days.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Sincerely,

Your Faithful Student, Circadian

P.S.

There is really no way to know how many chameleons are in this room right now.

jackie_chan_jiong_face_by_jdmcerealguytu

Your post...it makes no sense! Even if it is true that we can't tell how many chameleons, what does that have to do with anything?

Actually, I think we might have found Pinkie Pie on the forums...

Edited by whoovesfan7698

Well, I have a fandom journal where I record any big reactions to new episodes/movies I see, things I read or fanwork, or conventions or anything. During season 3, I wrote every of couple about the new episodes and my thoughts on them.

I like journals. And just books in general. I have specific books for everything - fandom, normal journal, 4 different drawing books, song writing, story planning, character designs... yeah. smile.png

• Brohoof 1

A brony journal, actually yes.. Well it's technically not a journal, it's more like writing down the dates. I put up most of them here, in the "about me" page. I took down when I first watched the show, when I did my first drawings.. I put up information like when i did the drawing. I put up when i bought my first pony t-shirt and when i ordered it. I'm not really that interesting, so keeping a journal of everything wouldn't be doing anything for me, it's more just writing down numbers and dates.

Bonus question answer: I would actually read it, one of the main reason I kept track of all these dates was to be able to share them with other bronies. I would at least read some of it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I don't keep a journal about the entire fandom, but I keep one about this forum specifically.

I even have a section where I write down as much info as I know about each user so I can compile it and know everything about you guys.

I write down things like your full names, favorite colors, locations, languages you speak, hair colors, and I put a picture if one is available, etc...

crazy_twilight_by_sakatagintoki117-d5gmr

Edited by ☣Harmonic Revelations☣
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I always wanted to keep a journal but I've never been good at keeping up with it. So I don't think I would keep up with one for the fandom any better haha. As far as you posting yours on here, you could set it up as a blog? I think a lot more ponies than you think would read it. But who knows.

• Brohoof 1

Keep a journal? Nope. Pretty much everything I've experienced about the show is on here in one form or another.

As far as reading someone else's experiences though, isn't that why we're all here anyway? 

Of course i'd be interested-whip 'em out!

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...