Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why you should be proud to be a brony

Tia Is Best Pony

This isn't a blog because I want to hear what you guys think am I right? Or wrong? Anyway. Lets get

Started  let me also note that I DO NOT go to school (well...online But you get it) so facebook and skype are my only means of social interaction

Well this is a LONG story but worth the read ( I hope) one FEB. 22 I changed my profile picture on skype to vinyl scratch well I mean let me say HOLY SH$& did I eat a freaking baby!?! I mean really it was crazy people were messaging me like "your a brony? dafaq? Are you gay or some shit?" EVERY ONE on my skype was making fun of me in a mean spirited way.. it honestly started to get to me which is quite hard to do seeing how I don't have feelings XD I do I'm just always swallow them LOL anyway.. I just started to change my wallpapers to ponies! And my dad came in to copy music from our media server onto my computer. He looked and my wallpapers and said, "there sure is a lot of pony stuff on here.." I said "ya its my little pony its not gay anymore" he said " huh it must be funny.. Anyway (not in an awkward voice)" and started talking about what ever he was talking about before. That was my first sign of "its just a TV show who cares" mostly because my dad is... You know overly conservative people who are no gays no progressiveness no fads all that stuff he is one of those people and if HE is ok with it, why can't my "friends" well about three days later I asked my mom to buy me a brony hat at the mall she picked it up she couldn't have cared less. Then about two weeks farther from that I had LOTS of pony stuff. And one night I was talking to my dad and he asked me how my bronyness is going I told him everyone is being mean to me. He went on to tell me a story when he was a teenager he got a Mohawk and everyone started to hate him... Except fot his REAL friends. He went on to help me realize that if people are going to make fun of me and be assholes because I watch a freaking tv show, screw them they have shitty character. Anyway I thought about this for a very long time and posted this as my facebook and skype this is the lesson I want you to learn you closet brony who is afraid to be then selvs

status.. " Dear everyone I watch my little pony friendship is magic, lately you have been teasing me and calling me names the thing that irritates me the most is that you would NEVER say any of that to my face your all cowards it dosent matter what I watch in my spare time you all do weird shit this I know is true because we all do but I am braver than you because I admit it. Basically what IM saying is if you are going to judge me because I watch a TV show.... SCREW YOU! I could judge all of you if I wanted what if I went up to you looked at you and said "you dress funny you must be a fucking moron!" well I don't because I am a bigger person than those of you who tease me. 

In conclusion its a goddamn TV show don't like that I watch FUCK YOU I don't give a shit. I am happy with who I am you should be to"

I know i was a little mean but hey these kids were relentless and I was pissed.  I haven't been bothered since 

your not gay for watching a TV show...  

yeah i watch mlp 

post how you overcame your closet bronyness!  

also let me say that because of this expirance i am a better person

Edited by mushrooman
  • Brohoof 8

Same thing, i'm home schooled *K12*. I only use Facebook and Skype to interact with people.

All my friends on Skype started questioning me about my Skype picture *which was Rainbow Dash*.

Even my cousin is making front of me...Whenever we get someone from a game were playing into the Skype call he says ''I'm not the faggot with the pony picture by the way'' EVERY TIME someone new joins the call. 

I don't have any friends IRL because i'm home-schooled *because my back is messed up*.

And i got literally harassed on Facebook by everyone i was friends with because i uploaded a picture of my new Derpy jacket i just bought, and i mean everyone started commenting on it calling me stuff. But i do have alot of those SWAG/YOLO morons on my friends list. So that probably made it more worse. Plus my mom doesn't care that i watch MLP, shes the one who took me to the store to get the jacket. My dad has been long gone dead for almost 13 years, so he doesn't have to be ashamed of me for who i now am. Even my sister makes front of me..Whatever though, if i ever die of some reason. Everyone would be ashamed that they made front of me for who i am. Anyways..My rant is now over. And i honestly don't know what else i should say. So..Yeeeup!mellow.png

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 4

I am pretty proud to be a brony as well. I might be anti-social but, I still like to be in a community that takes in bronies and treats them like how people treat their friends and family. I just think that if bronies were classified as a race, I would think of us as a master race in general but not to make anyone feel little of themselves.

I'm really happy for you. If your friends mean to you because of your hobby I belive that they are not your friends at all, and it's much better to lose them now then it the moment you really need them. And belive me there a lot of good people in brony community and outside it too. You'll find you friends, real friends.

When I became a brony, I have not lost a single friend because of it. It was like that -

"-Are you waching my little pony now?

-Yes

-Ah, ok."

Well i would like to say that everyones case is different and that i personally dont communicate much at all except on these forums, my facebook is clear from ponies, so is skype but ive been bullied much anyways... Once for watching MLP before but meh (not FiM) so ive already been a folk stake and idc anymore tear my feelings away it wont make their life better, anyways this is why i want to be a brony to get out of my sad life that just gets darker so yes i am proud to be a brony.

Edited by rolle
  • Brohoof 1

You're lucky to have a very supportive dad! If you had lots of people who teased you about you being a brony AND your dad bitching about it as well... man, I don't know where you will be now.

I'm lucky I live in a fairly friendly community, and most of the people on my skype contacts are people I know in real life at school. My skype picture now is actually someone's speedpaint of Vinyl Scratch I found on the drawfriend section on EQD. No one ever said anything about anything ever. 

Anyways, thanks for sharing this positive message and story!

• Brohoof 1

My best friend had the courage to tell me face to face that she watched My Little Pony about a year back. Even though at the time I wasn't a brony myself, I had seen the show before and enjoyed it, and knew a lot about the fanbase. It was kind of amusing to see her so worked up over it, as she's not usually a very nervous person. XD I told her I had seen the show though, and she was instantly relieved. Then she went on a total rant about MLP, I think the main topic of conversation was Bridle Gossip. Since I had only seen one episode before, though, I had no idea who Fluttershy was Zecora was. It's funny to think that back then I had so little knowledge of the show, and now I have seen almost all the episodes. 

But as for my own experience with that, I've only told a few people about me being a brony. I told my mother a few weeks after becoming a brony. She's generally not a very judgmental person (she's actually a homosexual, so obviously) but she did tease me a little. To this day she thinks I watch it because of my liking to the toys when I was little. Boy is she far off! XD

I also told my brother around the same time, and at first he was like "WTF?" but then I showed him a couple of episodes and he converted. The funny thing is I didn't mention the fanbase until after he converted, so when I asked him whether he liked it and he said yes, it was confusing for him when I said "Yay! You're a brony!". By the way, don't tell me that Ticket Master is a bad episode. Because it converted the most stubborn brother in history. 

I have another friend who's a brony, but I can't remember how she told me. I think she was talking to someone about Derpy and then I weighed in with my thoughts on the voice change. Good times... :,)

Now that I've left schools though, I don't get to talk to them all that much...

I think being a brony is one of the best experiences I've had in my life. I'm definitely going to tell more people now, and remember, if they are true friends, they will accept you for who you are, brony or not. ;)

Same thing, i'm home schooled *K12*. I only use Facebook and Skype to interact with people.

All my friends on Skype started questioning me about my Skype picture *which was Rainbow Dash*.

Even my cousin is making front of me...Whenever we get someone from a game were playing into the Skype call he says ''I'm not the faggot with the pony picture by the way'' EVERY TIME someone new joins the call. 

I don't have any friends IRL because i'm home-schooled *because my back is messed up*.

And i got literally harassed on Facebook by everyone i was friends with because i uploaded a picture of my new Derpy jacket i just bought, and i mean everyone started commenting on it calling me stuff. But i do have alot of those SWAG/YOLO morons on my friends list. So that probably made it more worse. Plus my mom doesn't care that i watch MLP, shes the one who took me to the store to get the jacket. My dad has been long gone dead for almost 13 years, so he doesn't have to be ashamed of me for who i now am. Even my sister makes front of me..Whatever though, if i ever die of some reason. Everyone would be ashamed that they made front of me for who i am. Anyways..My rant is now over. And i honestly don't know what else i should say. So..Yeeeup!img-1281179-1-mellow.png

Wow... well I am kind of glad I'm not the only one in the situation...

-I'm 18 and home schooled just trying to finish high school, because I messed up so now I'm stuck trying to get credits back.

-My dad left my mom when I was in 6th or 7th grade he left under the influence of alcohol and painkillers (he was the one who got the divorce, but my wanted to help him)

-All of my friends have moved on...

Sarah: I knew her since I was still in diapers up util I was 13 then moved away. We still talk, but not that much.

Kyle: I knew him since I was 4 or 5 he moved last year to a different town. We seldom talk now....

Kyle and Sarah weren't just some people I hung out with I genuinely consider them my best friends.

My mother tells me I need to get out and make new ones. I know that already, but it is not as easy for me as it is for her and others.

-Now I'm kind of a shut-in I know it sounds pathetic, but it is true to an extent. I try not to go out unless I really had to. Right now I don't what the f-ck I'm going to do with my life. Just finish high school and see what happens from there I guess.

I get mostly positive reactions to being a Brony.

I wore an MLP shirt to school the other day, and almost everyone was okay with it. My friends thought it was cool, and the only people who mocked me were the people who always mock me anyways.

Of course I'm proud of being a brony. I mean look at this for example, it's swimming with fan art/music/fics which 99.99% of is really good. The show is brilliant and is one of the only shows I look forward to watching. Of course I'm proud of being a brony! /)

My friend doesn't say he's a brony, but you can he is when you find a Brohoof t-shirt in his closet and he says "Just my Bass Cannon!" in a conversation. I asked him if he was a brony and he went stone cold. So I quickly changed the subject quickly.

Except fot his REAL friends

That was the scariest realisation of my life blink.png so thanks for the heads up cool.png

I became a brony in late june. I told the first person about it in august. The first person I told was my mom and she didn't believe me I when I told her about their being a fandom of guys liking MLP so you know what did I took her to a convention. I told my friends about it as soon as I got back to school I found out 1 of them was pegasister and 1 was a brony. All of my friends looked past it,some converted after I talked about the show and asked them to watch an episode. The first person I converted though, he actually unconverted and now him and my brother are the only 2 that talk shit about it. Also keep in mind this guy became a brony the only reason he stopped being a brony was because he cares more of his self image than anything else. Now every time I wear a pony shirt to school he is always like "Ugh its the brony." But really half my friends poke fun at me, but it is only a joke. Him I am not so sure about if he means it or not. But overall I never looked back on my decision to become a brony and it will stay like that forever. I will always be proud to be a brony even in my later years.

Most of my friends keep telling me to stop with the ponies, and 'grow up'. But its not like their life is being adversely affected in any way, so I keep ponying on!
I'm totally open about being a Brony, I dress in Pony tee's, have Pony display pictures/themes/wallpapers, and I couldn't care less about what people think :3

I'm not proud of being a 'brony' as I'm not proud of playing videogames or watching sitcoms.

And I'm not saying I'm ashamed. I'm just not proud of liking a cartoon for little girls, because I don't feel special or important. I don't feel the need to think I'm a special snowflake for watching this show.

I'm not proud of being a 'brony' as I'm not proud of playing videogames or watching sitcoms.

And I'm not saying I'm ashamed. I'm just not proud of liking a cartoon for little girls, because I don't feel special or important. I don't feel the need to think I'm a special snowflake for watching this show.

You could claim to be rising above gender stereotypes however that is just sugarcoating it. You like ponies enough said right?

b48SM6v.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Well, I haven't got this problem, because my friends respect me very much, and they just do not pay attention to the fact that I like ponies, they will never they will never condemn me for such things. What about other people who are not my such a good friends (fellas, boddy) I always tell them this: "I am self-sufficient man, I'm a grown man, I respect myself, and I'm not ashamed of what I like. And I don't giving a **** what you think about this. Because I AM AWESOME!" - always working. If someone tries to provoke me to the conflict, I say "Yes, I watching ponies, you have any problems with this? You think I'm a gay? You don't like ponies? You hate Twilight Sparkle?! I will smash your face for Twilight Sparkle, right now!"

Edited by zev_zev

I'm 31 years old, and i start watching MLP 6 months ago.

I join this forum to certain myself as brony, i told my mother i was a brony, that was fun and she turn her head xD

My course of action? i turn my mom in to a pegasister now  B)

As for my friends.......Buck them, if they dont like me for who i am then there are not friends  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

People always question me, "Why do you like My Little Pony? I mean, isn't that a show for 5 year olds?" 

Now, I'm a girl. (Obviously by my username) I don't understand what people have against me because I watch this show and enjoy it so much. I've gotten called, "Gay" and "Five years old" and "Stupid" at school. People say they're joking right after they say that, but I know they really mean it. 

My parents, well my stepmom thinks the show is stupid and my father as well. (Except oddly enough they got me tons of MLP merch for Christmas.) My mom loves that I like this show. Her exact words to me are, "At least your not out drinking, doing drugs and getting pregnant at 14, I don't care." Okay, mom. xD Don't worry I've got this.

Bronies: Unique individuals who have stood up many times to girl stereotypes. Confident and proud to do what you do. Creative, amazing, talented, funny and friendly people. You are what makes the word a better place. You guys make my life better, because of all of your friendly and happy attitudes.You guys are what keep me running. ^^

I don't care about what people say. I am who I am and that's always who I'll be. And my famous quote(it's not really famous): 

"Others call me crazy, but I'm just being myself." -Me

• Brohoof 2

Everyone has been accepting of it who I've told. My parents don't understand it at all, and they won't buy me pony merch or christmas/stuff like that, but they let me be who I am. I even posted a status on FB basically announcing my bronyness, and I got all positive comments. One of my FB friends even messaged me a picture of him holding a RD drinking cup and commending me on my bravery. Now, I barely have over 100 facebook friends, so only the people I know well I've added, so that could be why no one said anything negative. That being said, I'm not going to start telling everyone. There are some people that just don't need to know. It's like liking pokemon. I'm not going to walk up to every co-worker, every acquaintance, and say that I'm a Pokenerd, so why would I do that with being a brony? If it gets brought up on it's own, I'll admit to it without hesitation. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm proud of EVERYTHING I am.

A brony

A geek (not a NERD, a GEEK. Not going to go into Rhett and Link's rap battle here.)

A gamer

A gun nut

A bisexual (and pancurious)

A band *hm hm* GEEK.

A trekkie.

An atheist.

Not proud of being American though...

I cannot be proud when over half of my close friends hate bronies. The better half swore never to tell anyone, but if the others found out, my life will go right down the shitter. Hell, there are people in my school who are picked on for liking SPONGEBOB!

And don't just say "They're not your friends, they hate bronies". They don't know yet, so they still have respect for me