Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Bioshock Infinite

Lost

Just spent the last 2 hours playing Bioshock Infinite and already i can say quite confidently that it is the best Bioshock thus far and possibly one of the best single player games i have played in years, the graphics are fantastic the gameplay mechanics are brilliant and the story-line is far superior to those of Bioshock 1 and 2.

It is already picking up sparkling reviews according to MetaCritic (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite) 38 reviews have given it an average of 95/100 already, putting it at 7th highest rated game of all time.

So, has anypony else been playing Bioshock Infinite?

I thoroughly recommend picking it up.

Any thoughts on what the DLC will be?, there is supposed to be 3 parts of DLC coming out this year.

Edited by Artemis
added a tag
  • Brohoof 4

About time GOD DAMN IT.

I've been waiting for this game for god knows how long after that blunder in Bioshock 2. I thought Infinite would share the same fate as his cousin. I'm really glad to see good reviews, a sign that my wallet must be robbed once more.

• Brohoof 1

Oh God, I'm so jelly. I already have Bioshock Infinite all ready and pre-loaded on Steam, but it hasn't technically been unlocked yet.

SO looking forward to playing it. I like how different it looks from the first two Bioshock games, it adds a breath of fresh air to the series.

GOD WHY CAN'T TOMORROW COME FASTER

looks like a shooter , wow shooters getting unbelievable reviews  nothing new here i guess in the gaming world , ill wait and see if the hype gets better

Well, why do you think it's getting unbelievable reviews? Because it's just another first-person shooter? Certainly not. To be honest, there have been worse games that were WAY more over-hyped than this.

I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm so excited for it. Bioshock is the best game I've ever played and even though 2 wasn't nearly as good I appreciated it for what it tried to do, and is still a good game. 

This game is an early favorite for my Game of the Year. 

I think one of the DLCs is a fan made vigor, but outside of that I'm not sure. I'd guess more areas to play and side missions.

Oh God, I'm so jelly. I already have Bioshock Infinite all ready and pre-loaded on Steam, but it hasn't technically been unlocked yet.

SO looking forward to playing it. I like how different it looks from the first two Bioshock games, it adds a breath of fresh air to the series.

GOD WHY CAN'T TOMORROW COME FASTER

Well, why do you think it's getting unbelievable reviews? Because it's just another first-person shooter? Certainly not. To be honest, there have been worse games that were WAY more over-hyped than this.

Strange, mine unlocked for me to play at 11pm, I expected to have to wait until midnight to play, restart steam and it may be unlocked?

looks like a shooter , wow shooters getting unbelievable reviews  nothing new here i guess in the gaming world , ill wait and see if the hype gets better

Bio shock is s much more than your average shooter, I guess you have to play it to understand how much more immersive than your typical shooters. Most shooter games feel like your just there for the sake of it and your role could just be replaced with AI, but this has the feel of needing to be there, like an RPG.

• Brohoof 1

I got it today. Pretty damn good game. I kinda miss the style of the old Bioshock games, with being in a dark underwater city and all. It's a great game to play while I wait for Grand Theft Auto V. 

With all due respect I think it's almost as shallow as it gets when you say that it gets its love from being a shooter. The game is a great game, believe it or not rating systems go deeper then genres my friend.

I just completed the game, gonna do a second playthrough sometime next week on hard. Total Playtime 6 Hours.

The ending is just.. wow, its trippy :P

Just because it's a shooter doesn't mean it's going to get good reviews. There's so much more to the game than just shooting; the story's great, the characters are great, the graphics are great, etc. 

Don't dismiss a game just because you think it's shooter-related hype. You'll miss a lot of fun games, I'm sure of it.

Alright I just completed the game and I'm confused. I haven't been this confused since the end of MGS2 and that game still makes me go, "wtf?". What I have to say and ask next is going to be put in spoiler tags so read at your own risk.

So I went to the bioshock wikia page after beating the game to get a better grasp on the ending and according to Elizabeth's profile. Seeing as how she drowned Booker DeWitt (aka Comstock) She and Booker disappeared from all the universes and thus cancelling out the events of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite. Now I can see it cancelling out the events of Bioshock Infinite but how does it cancel it out for both Bioshock and Bioshock 2? On a side note. Did anyone else flip shit when they returned to Rapture?

Skip to Infinite, there is very little reference to the other two in it and it is set before them anyway.

I did a review of Bioshock Infinite - http://mlpforums.com/blog/200/entry-3898-bioshock-infinite-review-with-video/

thanks for the info can't wait to try it but are the others good to play anyway cause I'm watching my friend play bio shock 2 and it looks really fun so should I play them still

thanks for the info can't wait to try it but are the others good to play anyway cause I'm watching my friend play bio shock 2 and it looks really fun so should I play them still

I personally prefer Infinite over 2 and 1, Bioshock 1 is still a great game and is far better than 2, i actually got bored of bioshock 2 rather quickly.

I personally prefer Infinite over 2 and 1, Bioshock 1 is still a great game and is far better than 2, i actually got bored of bioshock 2 rather quickly.

ok thanks again for the info lol any more games you'd recommend for pc or any console cause everything I have is starting to become boring

ok thanks again for the info lol any more games you'd recommend for pc or any console cause everything I have is starting to become boring

If you like Free MOBAs, League of Legends.

If you like to have a laugh Saints Row: The Third (think GTA... but not taking itself seriously at all)

If you have not got it already, Black Ops 2 is the best COD since 4.

I would be insulted if you dont have Skyrim...

urm, i am rather picky when it comes to games and rarely recommend them, i have 317 games according to steam but i rarely play most of them :s

so i got this game and i must say i was wrong completley and utterly wrong im loving this elizabeh character and making my enemies float while i blow their head off is almost to satisfying

Another has joined our ranks!

We shall sacrifice a lamb in your honor brother!

____

Its a great game isn't it? :D i spent most of my time with a sniper rifle quick-scoping things because im boring like that :P

This came with the graphics card I bought a few days ago, but I haven't had a chance to play the first two yet and my checking account is now empty!  It's a hard life...

Hands down the best game I've played in a loooong time and by far the most beautiful one.

Dont read past this if you haven't finished Infinite yet because it contains major spoilers

The ending totally left me stunned. I thought the ending of Bioshock 2 was sad, but this one was even sadder and made me think.
I loved Booker's personality and both he and Elisabeth have learned a lot during their journey together. Seeing him basically eliminating himself and nullifying what has happened made me really sad.I would have wished a positive outcome for them both.
Elisabeth is pure awesome in my opinion.
and I liked how the Vox Populi were the other end of the spectrum but also never the less evil and power-hungry. Good example that there are idiots on every side and that extremists are seldom something good. Nice and more realistic than the rebels are always being good guys

• Brohoof 1

It was a fantastic game with a ridiculous, crazy story that I had to look up in order to understand. In some ways I liked it after having read up on and understood it, but I also hate when writers try to muddy things up and make you do mental math in order to untangle plot lines. I'll probably replay it just so I can go through without dying so much.

Just tried out a trial of the game, and I can say with a promise you will be seeing me at Gamestop tomorrow.

The story, the voices, the graphics, everything is so friggin TOP NOTCH that it's hard to believe that our beloved series has gone this far. Plus, this.

Bioshock-Infinite-screenshot-Elizabeth-a