Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

flamingo1986 has released a promotional poster stating that he is making a FULL LENGTH fan-made episode of mlp fim which will be completed by 'fall 2012'

"That’s right.

An entire episode.

Going by the title “Double Rainboom”, the episode will be released this upcoming Fall in six parts – each one uploaded a week apart from the other. Through the combined efforts of bronies across the internet and other students from the Savannah College of Art & Design.The episode will feature a full orchestral score, studio-quality sound effects, voice actresses for the ponies, and 100% show-accurate animation."

2 minute episode preview:

Promotional poster:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/090/8/a/double_rainboom_promotional_poster_by_flamingo1986-d4ujkjk.png

Edited by Josh
  • Brohoof 10

flamingo1986 has released a promotional poster stating that he is making a FULL LENGTH fan-made episode of mlp fim which will be completed by 'fall 2012'

"That’s right.

An entire episode.

Going by the title “Double Rainboom”, the episode will be released this upcoming Fall in six parts – each one uploaded a week apart from the other. Through the combined efforts of bronies across the internet and other students from the Savannah College of Art & Design.The episode will feature a full orchestral score, studio-quality sound effects, voice actresses for the ponies, and 100% show-accurate animation."

2 minute episode preview:

Promotional poster

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/090/8/a/double_rainboom_promotional_poster_by_flamingo1986-d4ujkjk.png

It's not the first. I saw the first fan made episode out in my shed!

Wow! Such talented bronies out there. I'm looking forward to seeing this. I hope they can capture the magic of the real series. I'm not sure what it will be like though without the real voice actors.

• 11 months later...

(I searched and didn't find a thread like this. If there is one, please delete this thread and shun me appropriately  Thank you.)

This thread is for discussion and hype on the fan-made episode Double Rainboom. It has permission from Hasbro to release itself, making it (I believe) the first Hasbro-Sponsored Fan Project ever. It will be released over Youtube on March 30th.

You can find their website at www.doublerainboom.com.

• Brohoof 2

I keep remembering and forgetting about this project. I saw some sample clips they posted a couple of months ago, and I am very excited to see the finished product. Not so excited for the trollface cloud, however...to me, that ruins the pony feel to it and reminds me about the internet. Bleh.

Regardless, March 30 had better get here fast.

• Brohoof 1

I'm totaly stoked about it, it'll probably be the best fan animation to date if children of the night never gets released.They've made it clear that the meme faces on the trailers will not be on the final product.

Wow, looking good. I hope what they're doing becomes a reality, especially since they have Hasbro's blessing. What they have so far is incredible. Definitely looking forward to this.

Speaking of fan films, anyone know what happened to the My Little Dashie movie? I'd be sad if it was abandoned.

Whoa, whoa seriously a fan made episode  B) ! This gonna be good here and I can not flipping wait to see what it turns out to be. I am going to look into this a bit more. Thanks a lot for the info. on this because this is seriously awesome.

(I searched and didn't find a thread like this. If there is one, please delete this thread and shun me appropriately  Thank you.)

This thread is for discussion and hype on the fan-made episode Double Rainboom. It has permission from Hasbro to release itself, making it (I believe) the first Hasbro-Sponsored Fan Project ever. It will be released over Youtube on March 30th.

You can find their website at www.doublerainboom.com.

Heyo :3 Firstly, I moved your topic 'Double Rainboom' over to Sugarcube. Discussion of fan made projects and such belongs in Sugarcube; only post topics in the Fan Art section if you yourself have made something, and want feedback on it ^^ Also, merged your thread with the one and only pre-existing Double Rainboom thread, 'Double Rainboom - MLP FIM's first ever fan-made episode'.

Oh I am so excited for this. I've waited so long and it's just 28 days left! yay Guys it looks very good and the voices are quite okay too.

The trailer looks absolutely spectacular.  Actually, it looks like it might challenge the animators of the original show to step up their game a bit!  From what I read, they actually have permission from Hasbro so they won't get shut down?  That's pretty freakin' amazing, and I'm thrilled they were able to secure it.

Definitely looking forward to this.  I just watched Dusk's Dawn this week, and while it was cute, it definitely lacked the production values and polish this one is showcasing.  It isn't fair to compare the two, I realize, given that DD was (as far as I know) a labor of love from fans and Double Rainboom is made by film/animation students using (I would think) school resources.

Best early birthday present ever!  Can't wait to see it.  I remember seeing the first storyboard thing of this, and whoa, man has time flown by....It whisked past me without tearing off my mustache (if I had one)