Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Now she's even more like mommy."

~Master~ Button Mash

What i'm trying to say, and been saying the whole time, is that why would he post this on 4chan? If the story was true, fine, okay, I'll give him my internet pity since it means that much. But I honestly doubt this is real.

Well, you may believe what you wish to believe.

I think he'd post it on the 4chan because he was INSPIRED and TOUCHED.

Is that offensive to you in some way?

Well, you may believe what you wish to believe.

I think he'd post it on the 4chan because he was INSPIRED and TOUCHED.

Is that offensive to you in some way?

Did i say it's offensive to me?

I don't believe anyone would post a story like this in 4chan if this were true. There's a shit ton of pony websites everywhere, being inspired and touched doesn't make it any more believable.

Did i say it's offensive to me?

I don't believe anyone would post a story like this in 4chan if this were true. There's a ton of pony websites everywhere, being inspired and touched doesn't make it any more believable.

This person picked 4chan.

So what?

Like you said, there are plenty of pony websites everywhere.

But just like I picked this website, this guy picked 4chan.

Why in the world would that be unbelievable?

This person picked 4chan.

So what?

Like you said, there are plenty of pony websites everywhere.

But just like I picked this website, this guy picked 4chan.

Why in the world would that be unbelievable?

Because 99.9% of the "sad storeys" posted on 4chan are usually fake or stolen from somewhere else. Maybe everyone can just agree to disagree I dont think the story is true but that is my opinion and Im sticking too it. 

• Brohoof 1

Because 99.9% of the "sad storeys" posted on 4chan are usually fake or stolen from somewhere else. Maybe everyone can just agree to disagree I dont think the story is true but that is my opinion and Im sticking too it. 

Oh.

I didn't know that.

We don't know for sure whether or not the story is true.

But, true or not, it's still sad, and I still nearly cried when reading it.

Oh.

I didn't know that.

We don't know for sure whether or not the story is true.

But, true or not, it's still sad, and I still nearly cried when reading it.

I agree it is a sad story witch Im sure we can all appreciate for what it is Instead of arguing about its legitimacy. Real or fake its pretty irrelevant and just like most things on the internet we will never know the truth.

I agree it is a sad story witch Im sure we can all appreciate for what it is Instead of arguing about its legitimacy. Real or fake its pretty irrelevant and just like most things on the internet we will never know the truth.

Exactly.

We all have our opinions.

Even if this story is fake, that won't stop ponies from being touched.

It's still sad, I'll give you that.

• Brohoof 1

They may have a point that this story was fabricated to be seen. We can't tell that but it's a sweet story nonetheless. It's sufficient to say that it could be real or fake but no way of knowing. Guess it would be nice to believe that it was. ;)

Yeah, this word usage and grammar feels a little too young to me. The person wrote a touching story, but it doesn't sound like a man who's just lost his wife to cancer. Doesn't feel believable at all to me.

I don't go to /mlp/ often, but sometimes curiosity gets the better of me, and in this case, I'm glad it did. I found this in a feels thread.

attachicon.gifmorelikemommy.png

I don't know if it's real or just copypasta, but it still made me step back for a moment and think. Still withholding my opinions on Twilicorn, but this made me...think.

Just figured I'd share. Seems like this section could use a bit of a change of pace from the usual discussion. A little something from a different perspective.

Thoughts?

i dont know wheather or not its true,but thats so sweet.its just a way to show that Friendship is Magic can change someones lives

That was..Actually very adorable.

Thanks for sharing this me.I very rarely find posts on the forum with things like this, that I haven't seen before.

Deathflame.

• 1 month later...

I don't remember where I first saw this, but it was a pretty feels-y day, that I do remember. I rarely cry, if ever, as I am a pretty reserved 18 year old male. When I first read this, my mother had to stop what she was doing because I literally broke down crying in the middle of Wal-Mart.

Even tho its probably not true, i think its really sad and adorable at the same time :/  Guess we all have diffrent reasons for whos our favorite pony, it might remind us of somebody or even us or have some personality traits you admire. Somebody should make a thread about this if there already isnt one :o

(edited)

Even tho its probably not true, i think its really sad and adorable at the same time :/  Guess we all have diffrent reasons for whos our favorite pony, it might remind us of somebody or even us or have some personality traits you admire. Somebody should make a thread about this if there already isnt one ohmy.png

I have made a couple of threads about this actually, so feel free to chime in if you or anyone else wants to that hasn't already. 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/63424-does-anypony-remind-you-of-anyone-you-know/

http://mlpforums.com/topic/50124-how-did-your-favorite-pony-become-your-favorite-pony/

Some people here seem to think that this might be a hoax, exactly what proof do any of you have that is the case? I think this is entirely believable.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

I think the reason most people don't believe it is because it was posted on 4Chan. A lot of bronies seem to hate the site. :/

They just don't get why he'd post it there. My explanation is it's because he was an anon before that happened. Not just a dude who had a sad brony related moment and decided to post it somewhere and randomly chose 4Chan, but because he was a regular there.

Great story, thanks for posting it. 

Even if it *is* made up, though, why would that make it cease to be touching or sweet?  Should I find a moving or heartfelt film or book completely devoid of emotional resonance because they're works of fiction?  Is Mufasa's death in The Lion King less touching because a real lion wasn't killed? 

Having it based on a real story would certainly add to its power, but it's still moving as a vignette on its own regardless. 

That is a really touching story! Though, like a lot of things on the Internet, it may be fake but who knows really? I'm happy I clicked on this thread :).

That is the most touching thing I've read all of today. This really shows how the show can affect everyone, I mean everyone deeply.  As angrysalamance said, 4chan is one of the most horrifying places on the web, but this simple message shows that there's always a spot of light amidst the darkness.  

you sir have officially put a tear on my face.....not an easy task to accomplish. well played sir....well played. but in all seriousness that was the most heart breaking yet beautiful read I've seen in months...maybe years.