Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Evil Dead remake

Fluffy Pinkie

So i saw the new evil dead movie a few days ago and i thought it was really good. While it wasn't the same as the old one it was nice to see that it tried to make a name for itself by not trying to be the same as the original Evil Dead. While i hate the fact that in many Horror films the characters do some of the stupidest things in my opinion this film had a little less of that and tried to give actual reason to why nobody believed MIa when she said strange things were happening. The gore in the movie was so much, maybe a little too much but i still think for the most part the special effects were done so well and the movie had a way of making you a little sick to your stomach. This was one of the few movies i may go and see a second time. All in all Evil Dead gets  4/5 stars from me laugh.png .

So what did you think about the remake, what did you love about it and what do you think could have been done better. What do you think the next one should have in it, Who was your favorite character and feel free to give your review on the movie as well, as well as use this thread to discuss the movie with others.

• Brohoof 2

Mia was the best character, David was a chump, and Eric was a lovable douche.

The movie was pretty good, and, as a giant fan of the first three movies, I give it my stamp of approval. The gore and violence was actually really good, and I cringed multiple times during the film. It was also very suspenseful and the tension was high, and I'm glad they used a lot of parts that made the old trilogy so awesome as well.

The best part of this whole ordeal, though, is that we're actually getting three more movies after this, starting with Army of Darkness 2.

You know what I have to say to that?

Groovy.

• Brohoof 3

I really want to see it but none of the theaters near me are playing it, which is a damn shame. I've heard that it loses quite a bit of its charm without Bruce Campbell though, which is understandable as he pretty much made the originals.

I really want to see it but none of the theaters near me are playing it, which is a damn shame. I've heard that it loses quite a bit of its charm without Bruce Campbell though, which is understandable as he pretty much made the originals.

Yes...

But did you know that it turns out that this Evil Dead is only a sort of remake, and that it will actually connect to the original trilogy?

And that Bruce Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash in Army of Darkness 2?

Because I'm super hyped because of that.

• Brohoof 3

Yes...

But did you know that it turns out that this Evil Dead is only a sort of remake, and that it will actually connect to the original trilogy?

And that Bruce Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash in Army of Darkness 2?

Because I'm super hyped because of that.

Woah, woah, woah. Bruce Campbell is reprising his role as Ash? Oh my gosh, that movie will be the epitome of spectacularness. How had I not heard that before? And also I didn't know that this Evil Dead is only a sort of remake. I was under the impression that it was a total remake. 

• Brohoof 1

Woah, woah, woah. Bruce Campbell is reprising his role as Ash? Oh my gosh, that movie will be the epitome of spectacularness. How had I not heard that before? And also I didn't know that this Evil Dead is only a sort of remake. I was under the impression that it was a total remake. 

Well, I thought it was a total remake at first too, but now apparently the movie is going to connect to the original series and the last living character from the new Evil Dead movie will actually meet Ash.

And yes, Army of Darkness 2 will be freaking epic! I can't wait to see Ash come back to the big screen.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stoked to see the Evil Dead remake. It looks pretty scary, and these days barely any movies scare me. I've gotta watch the original Evil Dead series again. I remember the first one I ever saw was Army Of Darkness. I think I was about eleven or twelve and as I turned on the TV, it was at the scene where Bruce Campbell was trying to crush those miniature people. I couldn't stop laughing when he said, "London bridge is falling down". I hadn't realised that it was a horror movie until I kept watching the rest of the film. 

• 3 weeks later...

The movie is coming to Sweden today actually, and it has premiere in just two one hour. I'm going to the cinema to watch it and I hope it will be as good at the original! I mean the original is awesome.