Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Cartoon Network animated series

MyLittlePonyTales

69 users have voted

1. 1. Best Cartooon Network original animated series?

• Dexter's Laboratory
    • Johnny Bravo
    • Cow and Chicken
    • I Am Weasel
    • The Powerpuff Girls
    • Ed, Edd n Eddy
    • What a Cartoon!
    • Courage the Cowardly Dog
    • Samurai Jack
    • Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?
    • Codename: Kids Next Door
    • The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    • Evil Con Carne
    • Megas XLR
    • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    • Camp Lazlo
    • My Gym Partner's a Monkey
    • Chowder
    • The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
    • Teen Titans
    • Justice League Unlimited
    • Totally Spies!
    • Xiaolin Showdown
    • Mike, Lu & Og
    • Other (Leave in the comments)

Alright guys, I'm pretty sure many of you remember the really good days of TV, when Disney didn't air mostly live action and the daytime programming of Cartoon Network didn't suck and Toonami was in the afternoon. But, what was the BEST Cartoon Network cartoon? Vote in the poll to find out!

Powerpuff Girls FOR SURE!

That was the only show I ever watched, and I LOVED it! :D

It was sort of like MLP. I liked the little stories in it, and how everything went along.

(P.S: Blossom is my favourite Girl).

~Colgate

• Brohoof 1

Don't make me choose! I loved Ed, Edd, and Eddie growing up, as well as Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Laboratory. ("DEE DEE!") Plus, I remember enjoying Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's A Monkey, and Codename: Kids Next Door. I really loved all of those shows.

I watched Courage the Cowardly Dog a few times, and it scared the crap out of me. O_O But I sort of liked it. Plus, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was hilarious. Mandy was my idol for many years. ^^

Megas XLR with Regular Show at a close second. It still has one of the best theme songs ever concieved.

F*** you Cartoon Network for cancelling it

• Brohoof 1

Teen Titans of course.  Ed edd n eddy and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy were up there too though and tied for second!  Im happy they came to netflix, I was watching billy and mandy all day last week 

I chose Billy And Mandy since that was my favorite Cartoon Network show growing up and I still find it enjoyable today. other shows I like include dexter's lab, powerpuff girls, fosters, Ed edd n eddy and kids next door.

Easily teen titans for me, mostly because its turned into a show that I was able to enjoy when I was young, but I still enjoy and even recently got re-interested in again. The character development is amazing, and the voice acting and music is top notch. Watch the 3rd season when Terra gets introduced to the end of that season. Truly great animation over those string of episodes. 

Oh and Tara Strong voices Raven. Shouldn't that be enough? happy.png

Looks like we're picking from older ones, so I'm gonna have to say either Courage or Codename: Kids Next Door.  Those shows were super rad.

Though I find the lack of Adventure Time to be

• Brohoof 2

Cartoon Network of the 90's to early 00's were just fantastic. Likable characters, great stories and sometime wonderfully twisted views of the world. Courage the cowardly dog had probably the creepiest theme of them all. Johnny Bravo was one of the best self centered characters of all time. Shows like Justice league and Teen Titans are what sustained my love for Superhero stories. Each show had its strong points and executed them fabulously. Some of thought put into the worlds in each show was inspiring.  If I were to put my money on it, I would bet that these shows are what gave me my love of cartoons.

Edited by Fanboy_Of_Things

One does not simply pick a single favorite Cartoon Network animated series...

Anyway, I went for Samurai Jack. Not only does it have unique environment and character designs that are reminiscent of German Expressionism, (which happens to be one of my favorite art movements) as well as interesting animation and cinematography, but for a cartoon about a generic samurai who fights generic monsters and robots in corrupt future, it manages to handle the story incredibly well. It blends humor with more serious tones excellently and while it almost feels like a parody of itself, you can still take it seriously enough to enjoy the story.

It also has a cool theme tune.

On a side note, where's Adventure Time, Regular Show, and The Amazing world of Gumball? 

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

Though I find the lack of Adventure Time to be

On a side note, where's Adventure Time, Regular Show, and The Amazing world of Gumball?

I was trying to go for the older animated series, really. Teen Titans was like on the very edge, and apparently Totally Spies! fit the criteria of 1. Being a decent animated series, 2. Being aired the same time as some of these other programs. Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball are all newer, and I feel that at least Adventure Time probably would have taken a good deal of votes away from the classic cartoons. It's new and fresh in everyone's mind, and anyone that didn't grow up with these older cartoons (the younger users here) would probably automatically pick something familiar and that they've actually seen.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I loved all of these shows, Camp Lazlo, Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy, Dexter's Labratory, etc.  My all time, favorite cartoon series is Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. IT's one of the few shows that I've seen every single episode of, the show's characters had dimension, the writing was clean and intelligent, while remaining slapstick and goofy, and it was so original. I miss this show, and I hope they one day bring it back.

I had to pick Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  I remember watching the premiere in August 2004 and I spilled root beer in my room. :/

Edited by тwιℓιgнт ѕραякℓє

The Powerpuff Girls without a doubt.  That cartoon was so much fun and led me to make so many great friends, I don't have words to describe it.  And if anybody doesn't think I'm serious, they're welcome to check out my Deviantart page.  wink.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKp8GVCulX8

Hey, what's with all these PPG threads popping up all of a sudden anyway?  Oh well, I ain't complaining!  :)

YES! This thread is awesome!

Top 10

1. Adventure Time

2. Foster's Home

3. Powederpuff Girls

4. Courage 

5. Regular Show

6. Ed, Edd, n Eddy

7. My Gym Partner is a Monkey (Yes, I know sad.png )

8. The Looney Tunes Show

9. Teen Titans (not looking forward to the new one angry.png )

10. Johnny Bravo (reminds me of Big Mac mellow.png )

/)

Hey, what's with all these PPG threads popping up all of a sudden anyway?  Oh well, I ain't complaining!  smile.png

Could be that Netflix just released a bunch of these cartoons for streaming, so now everyone is going to watch and getting all nostalgic. wink.png

Hey, what's with all these PPG threads popping up all of a sudden anyway?  Oh well, I ain't complaining!  smile.png

It could possibly be due to that Double Rainboom fan episode having them in it.

And myself, I picked Dexter's Laboratory. But...I love too many of the shows that were cartoon-networked based, so it was a tad hard to choose.

Edited by Tual

Adventure Time to me is the best animated show on Cartoon Network. Though i really did enjoy alot of the other shows in the polls.

It would be hard to choose which one is my favorite but i guess it wouldn't matter since i like them all. 

In my opinion Adventure Time is just as good as MLP is.

I have to say that my favorite Cartoon Network cartoon was Ed, Edd n Eddy with Powerpuff Girls and Foster's as very close runner ups. I was one of those kids that loved random comedy, and EEnE gave offered that humor. Even my parents loved Ed, Edd n Eddy.

• Brohoof 1

It could possibly be due to that Double Rainboom fan episode having them in it.

Oh that's right too! Sorry, I haven't seen it yet. I've heard plenty about it though, but I reserve judgement until I view it myself. Still, that could have a little something to do with it. tongue.png

ALL OF THEM!!! Well, the older ones. XD

Especially the Ben 10 shows, except for Omniverse. lso i love Courage Samurai Jack, The flinstones, The Jetsons, DBZ, Cow amd Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Lab, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, and Scooby doo. :3 oh and Johnny Bravo.

Power Puff Girls was amazing and not even considered girly when i was young which looking back at it now is really funny!

Does anyone remember wacky racers? I loved that show it was great, but not been on TV in a very very long time.