Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Video Game Boss Themes

An Old Head

Oh God... such a hard question. ... There are so many epic boss themes I've heard. Hmm...

Well I find two good boss themes and those are:

The Sun Rises from Okami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3yxTbkh5s&list=LLTzCGli5ypcSdi2EIwdJOTg

This is such beautiful music. After everything that happened before this and when it finally started to play, I felt like I  could never give up. That I could beat anyone. This epic music deserves recognition. 

The Final Battle from Trauma Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJArcWeoMA&list=LLTzCGli5ypcSdi2EIwdJOTg

I haven't played Trauma Team, mainly because I live in Europe and the game is NOT sold here, but heard this piece on YouTube and I immediately thought "Holy smokes! This is intense". And that it is. This is surprisingly intense music for hospital simulator (if you can call this game that) and sounds pretty epic. I felt like I should keep fighting whatever I was facing no matter how long it would take.

I also have some honorable mentions:

J-E-N-O-V-A from Final Fantasy VII

This one sounds great. If Nobuo Uematsu can do anything, it's music. This boss music fits so perfectly for a boss battle. Enough said.

Boss Battle Theme from  Final Fantasy IX

Most gamers seem to have forgotten this golden Playstation game. The game that returned Final Fantasy to its roots. Anyway, this boss battle music sounds so great. Again, kudos to Nobuo Uematsu. This music makes you feel like you're facing something big... and hard to beat enemy and yet you have to fight despite how desperate it seems. That's what I felt when this music played.

• Brohoof 2

I  have a few that I LOVE, and listen to in my car quite often. First up is from a game called Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. It was kind of a gateway drug to RPG's.

is the Final boss Battle from TMNT 4: Turtles in time. It's a crazy synth-thrash eargasm

There are tons more, but these are my current favorites

• Brohoof 2

My favorite video game boss themes would have to be, from the villain from Far Cry 3 known as Vaas who defined to us the definition of insanity.

Edited by ~Chaotic Lightning~

I have a ton of favorite boss themes, but one that instantly leaps into my head when I think about boss music is the theme of the Babalu Defense Mechanism Boss from Super C:

Excellent Choice! This is another NES soundtrack I jam to in my car... that's not abnormal, right? anyway, lots of good tunes in Super C

• Brohoof 1

Excellent Choice! This is another NES soundtrack I jam to in my car... that's not abnormal, right? anyway, lots of good tunes in Super C

Oh yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the soundtrack to Super C. Another gem from that game:

I also thoroughly enjoy the music from Contra: Shattered Soldier and Neo Contra. A boss theme from Neo Contra for the Animal Contra:

For the sake of keeping my post a reasonable length, I won't include final bosses. WAY too many ones I love in that department. 

So, Imma just leave a bunch of boss themes I like. They're all dang awesome.

In no particular order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwv3LBMhX3g

Others I couldn't link: "Rundas' Theme" - Metroid Prime 3

"Natural Killer Cyborg" - Mother 3

"Unova Elite Four"- Pokemon B/W

"Bouldergeist/ Kingfin" - Super Mario Galaxy

"Saturos' Theme" - Golden Sun

"Molgera Battle" - LoZ: Wind Waker

Edited by Yosef von Uzenvard

Oh-ho-ho, wow. I knew this thread would eventually come, but...I still don't think I'm quite ready for it. Prepare to be bombarded, nonetheless. (But to be easy on y'alls, I'll limit it to one song per franchise.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MJsn_E7d0

[sonic 3 & Knuckles]

Mega Man 8 boss (and, you know, every other Mega Man boss theme ever written)

(this game had some of THE most atmospheric music on the SNES)

There's more...SO many more...but I think I'll end it here for the sake of everyone else's sanity. blink.png

What?  No 'Dancing Mad' yet?  I must remedy this:

[media]

It makes a lot more sense when you know the musical themes from FFVI, and listening how they're integrated into it.  It also helps to have the game's visuals and a minor knowledge of the symbolism of it all, but even without, it's a great piece.

You...are eternally awesome for this. Just letting you know. :)

• Brohoof 1

I went trough the whole list of boss music and I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE WASEN'T A PRIMAL DIALGA IN THERE!

Or A FINAL BOSS OF BOWSER INSIDE STORY!

oh well....everyone to they're tastes I guess

Edited by Guyra
  • Brohoof 2

Another theme that I think deserves to be here is the masked Dedede theme from Kirby Super Star Ultra. I just love this song, it fits so well for that battle as well. *starts spinning a giant oversized hammer in tempo with the music*

(also check out the masked octagon remix of this)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I'm back with couple more songs, this time they're from the paper mario series.

The Ultimate Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ph_1Dm5DQ

What's cool about this song is that it is a mix of three other themes in the game, each of those themes being very important to the boss itself. Talk about style points.

Bowser Battle

The boss no one saw coming (or at least I didn't) but he makes quite an entrance, bringing a nice track with him.  

I went trough the whole list of boss music and I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE WASEN'T A PRIMAL DIALGA IN THERE!

To be honest, I would've posted that theme, but I imagine it to be not nearly as appealing when it's out of context. See, if you've played through PMD2 and immersed yourself with the wonderful story, characters and sentiments, the theme is truly sensational. But otherwise, it's great at best.

Another theme that I reckon is freaking awesome is... well, it might not count as a boss, but the Control Core showdown in Borderlands 2! It's both pressure, adrenaline and hollowness... I love when themes can pull off multiple emotions like that.

Okay, I promise this will be the last the last time I post in this topic for a while.

So first up, we have Game Breaker, composed by Sato Tenpei and featured in the game Phantom Brave. It's not a very well known game, so I imagine not many have heard this song. 

If you liked it, he also has another version on his "best of" album. You can listen to it here.

Now, I usually don't post "classics" because people tend to nostalgia all over it, but I'll make an exception just this once for The Extreme. I love this song, especially the intro (honestly, it's my favorite part).

Yes, yes, I know. Nobuo Uematsu, da gawd. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Woah, this thread's a thing?

I still stand firm that Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance takes game OST of the year 2013, and "Rules of Nature" is pretty much one of the most badass themes ever created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LmYHOZorwc

The Vocal Tracks version is awesome, but it doesn't give justice to

, with dynamic shifts in the music based on what's going on during the fight. Edited by DusK