Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Video Game Boss Themes

An Old Head

Simple as the title makes it; what's your favourite boss theme(s) from a video game? Because boss themes are generally the most epic in any game's OST. n.n

Here are mine.

• Brohoof 1

Everyone seems to pick really epic boss music as their favorite and I just waltz into boss threads like 

This game was fantastic and you're missing out if you didn't play it.  For serious.

This game was fantastic and you're missing out if you didn't play it.  For serious.

You see i originally thought you were trolling and then I saw that Treasure made this. I am downloading a rom of this as we speak.

Anyhoo, favorite boss themes, eh?

^this one especially holy god yes it isn't the most fitting thing for a game about surgery but FJASKFDSJLK;FDA THAT SOUNDS AWESOME

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 2

and then I saw that Treasure made this.

I've had many a game conversation where this was said and opinions were instantly changed.  Fucking Treasure, man.  So good.

FUCKING RADIANT SILVERGUN ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

• Brohoof 1

It's definitely hard to pick a favorite from so many awesome game boss themes i've encountered but i'll name a few favorites from the top of my head.

Metroid Prime - Essence of Metroid Prime Battle

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Music- Miracle Matter

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Molgera Battle Theme

Super Mario RPG: Boss Battle

Edited by Leafeon
  • Brohoof 1

That's a tough order since I do enjoy most of the boss themes from Final Fantasy and Castlevania, it's not easy to pick just a single one when they all have their thing. Know what? I'll go with the champion Iris theme from Pokemon, yeah that's a good one too...

• Brohoof 1

What?  No 'Dancing Mad' yet?  I must remedy this:

It makes a lot more sense when you know the musical themes from FFVI, and listening how they're integrated into it.  It also helps to have the game's visuals and a minor knowledge of the symbolism of it all, but even without, it's a great piece.

Also, one from what seems to be a relatively unknown game, 'Suikoden: Tierkreis', which is an excellent game for the most part.  This is the theme that plays during the Chrodechilde vs. Fredegund (oh god, did I botch the hell out of the spelling of those...) duels, of which I think there's only 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f723Ew0QQq8

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 1

This has to be one of my favourite boss battles. It is quite inspiring actually, such a RARE idea... Ok, sorry, couldn't resist!

Be warned, it contains somewhat explicit lyrics!

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Gosh, I have WAYYYYY too many boss themes I love. :'C It's too hard to choose..! But, here. I'll grab one that I can think up right now.

I'd normally post a Paper Mario boss theme or something...But I like them all too much to choose! It's too hard for me to pick favourites! sad.png 

But, yeah. Ain't this song awesomely cool sounding? img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png  
Gah...Boss music...Why you so great? derpy_emoticon2.png

And his name is Glitch. The boss. Which is awesome! ohmy.png

...Now I'm going to be listening to this for the rest of forever....Again.. blush.png

Not that that is an issue!~ laugh.png

OH! If you have headphones, or such and such, it's much cooler to listen to. Trust me. 

Edited by Tual
  • Brohoof 1

Pandora's tower is one of the last great wii games. No one seems to have heard of it. All of the music in the game is amazing, but I would pick the final boss theme in this case. Nothing like a vocal boss theme for the epic conclusion!

I love these two tracks because are both pretty epic! 

Absolutely love sonic and pokemon!

"Death Egg" and The final battle in pokemon red have to be the most epic boss themes I've ever heard. 

• Brohoof 3

Live And Learn in Sonic Adventure 2 battle

Fight Against "The Final Hazard"

Love the game and the song almost as much... I miss my gamecube img-1384627-1-sad.png

Oh yeah, I'm feeling that again. Feeling it so hard, though I had it on the Dreamcast. Seriously, I played that game so often when I was younger, and I loved the soundtrack it had. Nostalgiafest oh god oh god oh god.

Also, Danny Baranowsky makes some pretty awesome tracks. This is one of them.

That's the track that plays when you're having a flying, demonic, laser-shooting baby fighting Satan.