Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever feel like "normal" a.k.a non-pony music doesn't cut it?

ZomBrony

My computer is in a shared room in our house and for their sake, I usually don't play my pony music around everyone else and when I do, I use my headset but I've been sitting here playing Minecraft, listening to my douche cousin and his douche friends being douchebags and playing "normal" music and I  just felt a sudden craving for my pony music. Not even pony music in particular, just my music, ya know?

Anyone else ever feel like that?

Edited by ZomBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Not at all, "pony music" is just that music with the only difference of course being that it is inspired by cartoon ponies. If a song is good pony inspired or not I will listen to it, I have been a music lover before I got into ponies and I still am one. One thing that getting into ponies has done is bring back my creative side, I am a musician but have been out of practice for a good number of years but plan to change that soon. I just got myself a nice keyboard and will probably take a few music classes to get back into the swing of things and start composing songs again, some of them possibly pony related.

• Brohoof 6

Honestly yes I do, not all the time but there are times where I feel like normal music doesn't cut it. I'm not saying I don't listen to normal music at all now, I still listen to non-pony music a lot, but sometimes I do feel like that normal music wont cut it.

To me, there's no such thing as normal music. All music is different. I listen to non-brony music all the time, and I find that if you're willing to do a bit of looking around, you can discover stuff you never thought existed. Thrice, rise against, radeohead, Muse, and green day are my favorite contemporary bands, but I also enjoy a lot of older stuff like Elo, Beatles, and queen.

• Brohoof 2

My computer is in a shared room in our house and for their sake, I usually don't play my pony music around everyone else and when I do, I use my headset but I've been sitting here playing Minecraft, listening to my douche cousin and his douche friends being douchebags and playing "normal" music and I  just felt a sudden craving for my pony music. Not even pony music in particular, just my music, ya know?

Anyone else ever feel like that?

Whoa there!  First off, I love listening to all types of music.  Pony themed music is fine and I listen to it whenever I draw ponies or I write my stories about... well, ponies.  But having other music is a great way to widen your love of music, what you listen to, and even help strengthen your liking to other music or music you like. 

I have about 5 GB's of pony themed music.  It's good and I listen to it often.  But I also have music for other things.  I have playlists for 90's music, full albums of Pendulum and Infested Mushroom, and even some silly stuff like Tiny Tim.  Also, have you HEARD Fall Out Boy's new album?!  I thought it was going to be muddled up with nothing but hip hop and rap, but I sure was wrong!  It's a good album, and I'm glad they're back.  Listened to that album around two dozen times alone.

Bottom line, you should enjoy music on a whole.  Maybe you're not enjoying your friends and cousin's music because you have a liking to other stuff at the moment.  I'd advise to at least try out other music if all you listen to is pony themed stuff.

• Brohoof 2

No, there's hardly any pony music that I like.(Unless it's from the show.) The only exception is this pony themed black metal band on YouTube. They have a cover of "Art of the dress" that I like.

• Brohoof 1

It's just different tastes.

I do like a lot of the pony music myself, although I actually favor all the songs from the show and listen them frequently.

However, I do like a lot of other music, such as classic rock, metal, alternative, rap, hip hop, techno, some dubstep, and a little bit of country. I also absolutely love a lot of video game music, such as the soundtrack from Anarchy Reigns or a lot of the Castlevania music.

I feel that they're all about equal in my mind, and it just depends on my mood. Do I sometimes find that the music my friends listen to doesn't fit my tastes? Yes. Do I think that pony music or fan music about the show is always better? Of course not. But I do love it just as much as I do any other kind of music that I like.

• Brohoof 1

pony music IS my normal music. I mean, I just listen to the fan-made ones and pmvs. like even when I listen to a song not pony-based, I still watch it in pmv form.

even when I wont be watching the video, just listening to the music, I still do it pmv version.img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

pmvs have shown me many non-pony originated songs that I never would have heard before. and my life would now be incomplete without Lonely Island

• Brohoof 2

pony music IS my normal music. I mean, I just listen to the fan-made ones and pmvs. like even when I listen to a song not pony-based, I still watch it in pmv form.

even when I wont be watching the video, just listening to the music, I still do it pmv version.img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

pmvs have shown me many non-pony originated songs that I never would have heard before. and my life would now be incomplete without Lonely Island

Got that PMV swag going on, I see!

Well, that's actually pretty cool, I must admit. I don't watch many PMVs admittedly, but if they're helping you discover a lot of songs that you never even knew about, I can't really blame you for watching so many of them. PMV on, brah!

(edited)

Whoa there!  First off, I love listening to all types of music.  Pony themed music is fine and I listen to it whenever I draw ponies or I write my stories about... well, ponies.  But having other music is a great way to widen your love of music, what you listen to, and even help strengthen your liking to other music or music you like. 

I have about 5 GB's of pony themed music.  It's good and I listen to it often.  But I also have music for other things.  I have playlists for 90's music, full albums of Pendulum and Infested Mushroom, and even some silly stuff like Tiny Tim.  Also, have you HEARD Fall Out Boy's new album?!  I thought it was going to be muddled up with nothing but hip hop and rap, but I sure was wrong!  It's a good album, and I'm glad they're back.  Listened to that album around two dozen times alone.

Bottom line, you should enjoy music on a whole.  Maybe you're not enjoying your friends and cousin's music because you have a liking to other stuff at the moment.  I'd advise to at least try out other music if all you listen to is pony themed stuff.

I do. It had been hours of listening to him play the same songs over and over and his friends and himself bitching at each other about him not doing well in LoL. I've given his music lots of chances and even downloaded some of it when I like it enough. It was more like I had had enough of his friends in the Skype call.

I have 921 files in my music folder. Some of that is the .rars and album covers for the albums I've downloaded but most of it is music and it adds up to 5.92 gigs. I have trouble saying this, honestly but I think most of it's still pony music. I have fan-made songs and songs from the show but I also have lots of non-pony music. I can't name off the genres or artists since there's so many but some examples are Green Day, Simple Plan, Linkin Park, Eminem, Plain White T's, Ozzy, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Helloween and plenty more.

Edited by ZomBrony

derpy_emoticon2.png WOAH IM A MUFFIN NOW! YAY! and it fits my pic xD

thank u pony music goddess.  I luvs you. also, I cant help but notice how every pony video of any kind usually gets a ton of views for just being my little ponyhappy.png

in celebration of pony music and muffinz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zazGtw6rAGw&feature=player_detailpage

TBH I've kind of let regular music sit by the wayside for the last 2 years. Initially it was because I was listening to just pony music at that time but even that's come to a trickle. I mostly listen to my own music to find what i could improve, create, and fix for my 3 upcoming albums and that takes up most of my music listening time.I still get a little excited when i hear a hot new song (Passion Pitt's "Carried Away" was my most recent love) but I think i just got tired of trying to keep up with all the small little indie bands who will be popular for 3 months and then disliked the next. Besides i have more music then i could ever listen to so why look forward when i could just as easily look backwards.

I totally understand bro.....nyhappy.png

I just love pony songs. I mean, now it's to the point where I have sung 3/4 of them at school, and I have like.....ALOTT! I don't like download them so I dunno how many I have, but I really don't have the attention spam to count them all

I totally understand bro.....nyimg-1385700-1-happy.png

I just love pony songs. I mean, now it's to the point where I have sung 3/4 of them at school, and I have like.....ALOTT! I don't like download them so I dunno how many I have, but I really don't have the attention spam to count them all

I did not count i just added the number of songs on my kindle to the number of songs on my ipod and subtracted the non pony related songs from the original number wich i cant rember  what the exact result was

Edited by COBALT CRESCENT

I know you didn't count dem. I just know I wouldn't be able to. laugh.png 

hmmm.... or would I?  also, DawnSomewhere makes some pretty good ponayyy songs. a couple you have to scour for though dry.png 

I know you didn't count dem. I just know I wouldn't be able to. laugh.png 

hmmm.... or would I?  also, DawnSomewhere makes some pretty good ponayyy songs. a couple you have to scour for though dry.png 

are they on youtube bc i search youtube to find them no matter how long it takes maybe you could pm the song titles to me and i can search

I guess it's just what I am in the mood for.  Mostly I do listen to pony-related music, mainly because it's not mainstream and the songs are actually about something I like.  In this regard, all "normal" music just doesn't cut it for me.  Of course, I RARELY listen to "normal" music anyways because it's NOT what I like. 

If it isn't pony related, it's folk music.  Eluveitie for Folk Metal, Le Vent Du Nord for upbeat modern folk, Faun, Gjallarhorn, Auli, Huun Huur Tu (Mongolian throat singing ftw!), and any and all instrumental folk is all right up my alley....Needless to say, my music tastes just aren't normal...

lol sorry I totally screwed that up. xD on Youtube they are FlimFlamFilosophy.   3/4 of their songs (pony waifu, rainbow fun factory, skin and bones) might not make sence, because they are iin their RainbowDashPresents vids. but the one that they made that you have to actually type to find is Pinkie P Pie in the Sky

yes, they are strange. I get that, but so am I, and I find all of their pony vids hilariouswub.png

what is normal? In my opinion that would depend on a persons veiwpoint. For me pony music is normal and most of the other  stuff is just weird. But thats just my opinion.

lol sorry I totally screwed that up. xD on Youtube they are FlimFlamFilosophy.   3/4 of their songs (pony waifu, rainbow fun factory, skin and bones) might not make sence, because they are iin their RainbowDashPresents vids. but the one that they made that you have to actually type to find is Pinkie P Pie in the Sky

yes, they are strange. I get that, but so am I, and I find all of their pony vids hilariouswub.png

i think i might have actually listened to them once but i am not entirely sure on that i gues when i get home ill spend a good majority of time looking them up

• Brohoof 1

no, their music isn't weird. but their music is usually made specifically for a certain video, and so they sound strange without knowing the vid.

actually, now that I think about it, not really. well, the plot for pony waifu, but the song is fine without knowing the vid. ^_^