Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Bridge of Spies. Wow, this was a good one! I could see a lot of subtle "1950's era machismo" that Spielberg utilized in the movie, and a lot of interesting contrasts done between the Soviets and the US. It was also interesting to see how the East Germans were portrayed as just as Fascist as the Nazis had been. It was almost propaganda like in nature, which was a new and interesting take from Spielberg. You could sense a lot of 1950's machismo coming from Tom Hanks. The way he stood, highlighting broad shoulders and strength, and almost always had his fists clenched. Meanwhile, the Germans were shown to be either pushy, dressed in Nazi like stone grey uniforms, or as skinny and weak. Like I said, it was something interesting and new, something you don't see a lot of from Spielberg.

• Brohoof 1

Jurassic Park (1993) - 9/10

The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) - 9/10

Jurassic Park III (2001) - 7/10

Jurassic World (2015) - 8/10

I recently watched a marathon of all four Jurassic Park movies.  I find TLW and JP3 to be very underrated, but I do think the first film is still the best in the series.  JW was just what the series needed to get started again.  I am already looking forward to the sequel coming in 2018.

• Brohoof 2

Jurassic Park (1993) - 9/10

The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) - 9/10

Jurassic Park III (2001) - 7/10

Jurassic World (2015) - 8/10

I recently watched a marathon of all four Jurassic Park movies.  I find TLW and JP3 to be very underrated, but I do think the first film is still the best in the series.  JW was just what the series needed to get started again.  I am already looking forward to the sequel coming in 2018.

As a HUGE JP fan, these are the ratings I would give, too. 

• Brohoof 1

Finally got around to seeing Age of Ultron tonight. Honestly? A huge improvement over the first Avengers movie. The pacing it better, the characters are better, the actors have more chemistry on screen, and generally are able to make the audience well, like them better. The tone is better, the villain was better if a bit cliched, but in a way that works. It's like somebody read my post from after when I saw Avengers, and decided to address every complaint I had about it. The build up is more intense, it allows the viewer to anticipate Ultron's arrival, instead of just showing him right off the bat as they did with Avengers. The spacing of the fights are also much better, allowing for better, deeper moments than the first movie, and allowing for greater moments of characterization. It's all around, well, better. I do see the complaint that was had with the Cave Scene. I really don't see how it plays into the rest of the movie.

• Brohoof 1

I watched four Fast and the Furious Movies the last , they were all great, so far  :grin2:

The only problem was, that in the dvd set my father had, only 3 dvds had the title of the movie on it.

The other Dvds had nothing on it except for a picture.

So i watched 1-3 and then part 5, because the dvds were in the wrong order and since they werent labeled, i had no idea.

And it also didnt help that one of the Movie was simply called Fast Furious...yeah, great...i know that its Fast Furious , but what part is it???

I guess the S at the end, were supposed to look like a 5, but i wasnt sure.  :lol: