Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I just got back from The Martian. Oh boy. Here's my quick review.

To put it bluntly, I fucking loved it. It's easily in my top 3 favorite movies of the year (the other two being Kingsmen: The Secret Service and Mad Max Fury Road). The cinematography is beautiful. It's hard to make sand look beautiful. This movie pulled it off. It's based off a book that I haven't read yet, but dammit, I'm going to have to read it now. As for scientific accuracy? I have no idea. The movie made me feel so stupid and I loved it.

I recommend highly it.

• Brohoof 1

Dragon Ball Z Resurrection 'F'.

That one didn't end the way I wanted it to.

They couldn't have given this one to Vegeta? Really? It was a bit out of character for Goku to actually kill Freeza... I know... Character development and all, but Vegeta should have been the one to get Freeza this time.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Knock Knock starring Keanu Reeves, which was a rather interesting and different sort of movie, I won't go into too much in the way of details, but basically Keanu plays this husband and father who helps out two young women lost in the middle of the night who then ruin his life, seduce him and torture him, also I really feel bad seeing Keanu getting hurt so yeah.

Edited by MLPFanatic34

Age of Ultron The Avengers

It was good, except it was long, and if you like the action scenes they take up probably more than half of the movie. Its 2 hours 20 minutes long, which was ridiculous, but I was exercising and eating at the same time so it was more bearable. 

I watched Occulus this morning.  It was a total mind screw, I loved it!  Plus, Karen Gillan  :wub:

Never heard of Occulus, whats the setting like?

Age of Ultron The Avengers

It was good, except it was long, and if you like the action scenes they take up probably more than half of the movie. Its 2 hours 20 minutes long, which was ridiculous, but I was exercising and eating at the same time so it was more bearable. 

Never heard of Occulus, whats the setting like?

Well, first I misspelled it.  It is actually called Oculus.  It takes place in a house.

Oh. Whats the premise about? 

It's about a brother and sister dealing with their past.  The brother thinks their family went crazy while the sister thinks it was supernatural forces from a mirror.  So when the brother is released from a mental institution the sister brings the mirror to a house to test it.  Freaky things ensue.

• Brohoof 1

Some awesome moral valued movie. Can't remember the title though :P

Aw...... I didn't get to watch it yet...

Where I am I can rent movies for 1 dollar. Need a credit card to do it though so people don't just steal the dvds, and its like a vending machine with a screen in it. Its called a Red Box, maybe check if theres one in your area?

• Brohoof 1

Where I am I can rent movies for 1 dollar. Need a credit card to do it though so people don't just steal the dvds, and its like a vending machine with a screen in it. Its called a Red Box, maybe check if theres one in your area?

Hmmm.... Sounds cool but I am sure there isn't one here I've walked aound the neighbourhood lots of times! Even the supermarket. Thanks! ;) I guess I have to wait until it comes up on the tv...

• Brohoof 1