mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Last one I watched was just after Halloween, I believe it was called "All hallows eve" and I thought it was great! Starts off a little weak, but it's the first horror film in a while that gave me trouble getting some sleep

Doc Strange. It was alright. Good visuals. But nothign I haven't seen before. Strange is pretty much a Tony Stark clone. The pacing suffers too. Too long on heroic development & training, while rushing straight into the conflict and final battle, the latter of which was a bit underwhelming. Not good but not bad either. 

Deadpool. It was fine. Actually, I would've liked it better if the movie cut down on the jokes, one-liners, innuendo, etc. There were some genuinely funny moments, but the sheer number slowed down the movie too much. Not helping is that the story was quite simple, which is not a bad thing. I consider the simple story a positive. The movie is just under 2 hours, but it felt longer than that due to all the attempts at trying to be funny.

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. I hate to say it, but it was an absolute atrocity. This was marketed as a children's movie?! If I'd have seen this when I was little I'd have psychological issues for the next dozen years. Honestly, what do prolonged shots of dead people with their eyes ripped out have to do with children's fantasy? Not to mention the lovely scenes of people eating those eyes or having their own eyes ripped out of their heads by tentacled monsters, slowly, so you can see every detail. What is this eyeball fetish anyway? And some of the monsters were worse than in many adult horror films. 

I won't even go into the plot holes or the pointless rearrangement of the books to the resentment of its literary fans. This movie is a train wreck. I'm glad it's behind me now. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2012-02-06 at 4:14 AM, SrFrog said:

I actually just saw Alien for the first time today and it was o.k not my kind of movie but it was fine.

I wasn't too thrilled myself, but the sequel, Aliens, was sooo much better, IMO.  More action, better cast.

On 2012-02-06 at 6:37 AM, Broccoli said:

Schindler's List. Watched it in English class, twas very good.

Hmmm, being bored by English or the movie.  Tough call.

On 2012-02-06 at 9:15 AM, Scelus said:

Tron Legacy. Even if it's just for Daft Punks' soundtrack. ;)

TL was okay, but I don't think they captured the digital look that the original did.  This was a movie that actually would've benefited by being CG.  The animated series is pretty good, though.

On 2012-02-06 at 9:18 AM, Killian Jones said:

Yesterday Hancock was on regular TV, so I kind of watched it.

Watching theater movies on TV is too painful.  Too many commercials and often poorly edited.  So "kind of" watching is rather an apt way to put it.

As  for myself, that would be Stowaway, a rather boring Netflix movie.

Edited by Mortar