Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Watching the original Star Wars now when I have watched all the…. Newer crap (excuse me). It is very difficult to adjust to all the new 3D stuff when the old was just absolutely perfect (without 3D, ignoring 1997 special edition and Anakin pasted in there in 2005ish)

Dug out a couple of old faves.....

Heroes Of Telemark (1965)

Tron (1982). Daft but fun. Visually that was mind-blowing back in '82 – a friend rented it and we went around to watch..... it's a thing we did most Saturday evenings ...

• Brohoof 1

Avatar: The Way of Water - My god, James Cameron does it again! The story is simple and my god did I feel that 3 hour runtime by the end. But this is still a visually stunning and immersive epic. Spectacular action sequences, amazing visuals, and a lot of solid worldbuilding. 8.5 out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

Wankada forever. I actually love this movie! It was emotional. I know people didn’t like the whole idea about killing off the og black panther but I thought it kinda nice in a way to pay respect and contribution for Chadwick. The first funeral felt personal and I see it in a way that not only we lost a character but also a good person Chadwick himself. So I really felt it hard right there. The movie didn’t fall into a hero spectrum but rather a cultural aspects and issues. Making this movie different from the rest of the marvel movies. Overall 9/10

On 2022-12-19 at 12:42 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Batman: The Killing Joke. Hard to believe Kevin “Best Batman” Conroy is gone :sunny:

On 2022-12-19 at 10:28 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Nothing of Batman world is the same without him:awed:  

We were blessed that we get to hear him as Batman one last time in the upcoming new Batman game,  Suicide Squad, Kill the Justice league.:blush:

Home Alone 2.

Admittedly I forget how delightful and fun this movie (and the first) actually was. Also, as an adult, I can now appreciate just how much more brutal Kevin was here compared to his last encounter with the Wet/Sticky Bandits. :love:

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

The story was very simply and I do love just sitting there and watch these beautiful scenery for hours. See how peaceful it was. Till the action scenes of these ‘sky’ idiots comes in. Man never have i been so annoyed with fictional antagonists. The whole family are so precious. I was like ‘must protecc them all at all cost.’ Throughout the action I was like “please don’t die” to all the characters and unfortunately one didn’t make it. :blush: Still very bitter about that. I never get hit hard when it comes to a family death in a movie but this was emotional, that I actually cried to the end. I wish that you know who die for all the shit he has done! If an 3rd movie is coming please do not try to reform this bastard. He doesn’t deserve it! Overall I love the first and I think the second was an a step up which it’s rare in most sequels. 10/10!!! 

The Holly And The Ivy (1952). The grown-up children of a recently widowed, country parson go home for Christmas, and many secrets are subsequently revealed, that they have been keeping from him for years, 'Because you are parson, you will be offended'... 'Because of religion' (!)

247918900_TheHollyAndTheIvy.jpg.5ffaaa0d2c7a48babac42200bbbc3353.jpg

The Three Lives Of Thomasina (1963)

1531373270_TheThreeLivesOfThomasina-2.jpg.13f61419c1663972b6c0bf2b5b5f73be.jpg