Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I've been really curious about this one. I m ight have to see what it's all about.

As for me:

Wreck It Ralph (2012) It was time for a revisit and this movie didn’t disappoint. I love this movie (unlike its rotten sequel) and always enjoy watching it.

Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) I finally caught up with this one after all these years. It wasn’t the greatest movie I’ve ever seen but it was okay enough to hold my attention. Meg Ryan was interesting playing three different roles and she had a good chemistry with Tom Hanks.

I would highly recommend it, Dreamy. :rarity:

18 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I've been really curious about this one. I m ight have to see what it's all about.

As for me:

Wreck It Ralph (2012) It was time for a revisit and this movie didn’t disappoint. I love this movie (unlike its rotten sequel) and always enjoy watching it.

Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) I finally caught up with this one after all these years. It wasn’t the greatest movie I’ve ever seen but it was okay enough to hold my attention. Meg Ryan was interesting playing three different roles and she had a good chemistry with Tom Hanks.

Tom Hanks and a volcano:huh:  Do I have to let that sink in?  

I watched the american remake of One Missed Call, based on the earlier movie Trilogy from japan.

Yes, its as bad as everyone says it is, specially if you are actually a fan of the original movies or the television show.

This movie is an insult. It made me angry. All the really good scenes from the original are absent or cut so short that they dont have any emotional impact anymore. There are jumpscares everywhere and creepy visuals of ghosts, demons, centipedes and whatever that have nothing to do with ANYTHING. They completely spat on the source material, i mean just take the beginning for example. The entire franchise is about a cellphone curse that kills people if you get called and what does the movie do right at the start? This version of Mimiko just straight up kills a cat for absolute no reason at all just to jumpscare the audience twice. Does that mean Mimiko is now able to just kills things whenever she wants too? Why does she still need to use the cell phone then? Also, why even kill a pet? What had the cat to do with the story or any of Mimikos motivations?

Oh yeah, this version of Mimiko also wears a hoodie for some reason. Because you cant have just a creepy girl without her being edgy i guess, this is the american version after all of course she has to look like a serial killer.

Its almost like the director thought the idea of a cellphone curse killing people is stupid anyways so they just didnt took anything seriously at all and made the movie an absolute shitshow on purpose. Regardless if you like the original or not, i am pretty sure we can at least agree that the original movie was at least way better shot and had a way better atmosphere and pesentation. All of 3 original movies and the tv show.

I give this movie a 1 out of 10. Nothing, NOTHING about this movie worked.

I decided to watch Back To The Outback on Netflix, and gotta say, it was a pretty good movie! Some pretty emotional scenes in it too.

Maddie's gotta me my fave (The snake in my avatar)

Movie called Luck and Finch, both on Apple TV,

Luck, good but not for me. We all have good and bad Luck. It like a Disney/Pixar flim, cos it made bty someone that used to work for Disney/Pixar.

Finch, story of a man, a dog and two robots, and surving. There some sad moments, like Finch get angry at robot, another robot got destory by bear trap and Finch pass away and unable to see The Golden Gate Bridge, It a good flim. Don't like that robot name Dewey get killed off/destoryed, and should be at the end with Robot named Jeff and the dog. Never get over the Dewey death believe it should get destory and nearly ruin the flim for me abit well can't have all, even just a movie but did enjoy the flim even it's emotional.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves - A movie that's way better than it has any right being. Thrilling action, a cast of fun characters, and it's surprisingly funny. Think Guardians of the Galaxy meets The Princess Bride. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this become a franchise. out of 10.

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 1 & 2. These are pleasant, lightweight movies that don’t have to be brilliant because they pack enough humor and yummy visuals to leave you satisfied.

Sleepless in Seattle (1993). I’ve been watching the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan romantic comedies and this one rounds out the unofficial trilogy. I used to be on the fence as to which was better, Sleepless or You’ve Got Mail, but the latter gets the win. Sleepless is decent though, and has such a beautiful ending.

On 2023-04-01 at 8:50 PM, Fluttershutter said:

I found this movie Luck. It was fun.

Is that on a streaming service? I heard about it when it first came out but lost track of it before I could see it. 

On 2023-04-02 at 7:12 AM, TheRockARooster said:

The last movie I watched was Howl’s Moving Castle.

Prime choice, Travs! Fantastic movie!!

On 2023-04-03 at 11:55 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves - A movie that's way better than it has any right being. Thrilling action, a cast of fun characters, and it's surprisingly funny. Think Guardians of the Galaxy meets The Princess Bride. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this become a franchise. out of 10.

I'm dying to see this movie! It looks so great! I'm glad to hear a rave review. I'll probably see it on Monday if I can. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 1 & 2. These are pleasant, lightweight movies that don’t have to be brilliant because they pack enough humor and yummy visuals to leave you satisfied.

Sleepless in Seattle (1993). I’ve been watching the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan romantic comedies and this one rounds out the unofficial trilogy. I used to be on the fence as to which was better, Sleepless or You’ve Got Mail, but the latter gets the win. Sleepless is decent though, and has such a beautiful ending.

Is that on a streaming service? I heard about it when it first came out but lost track of it before I could see it. 

Prime choice, Travs! Fantastic movie!!

I'm dying to see this movie! It looks so great! I'm glad to hear a rave review. I'll probably see it on Monday if I can. 

It was, Kates. :D

Edited by TheRockARooster