Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sugar Pea

I happen to think that the words "Princess" and "Queen" are sorta misused throughout the series.

Look at Queen Chrysalis for example...I always thought you become an official Queen when a princess is married?
Maybe Chrysalis was married?

But where does that leave Celestia, or Luna...or dare I say it Cadance?

Think about it, Celestia and Luna have Canterlot, Cadance has the Crystal Empire...but then again are still considered princesses.

Cadance is married to Shining Armor...and still comes out as a princess, let alone a Queen to the Crystal Empire.

If Chrysalis can be considered a Queen even beyond marriage, then why is Celestia still addressed as "Princess Celestia"?

Can someone help clarify this?

Edited by Bittersweet Suprise

If Chrysalis can be considered a Queen even beyond marriage, then why is Celestia still addressed as "Princess Celestia"? Can someone help clarify this?

Celestia is considered a princess because of Hasbro. Celestia was suppose to a Queen and that's what Lauren Faust wanted, but Hasbro said the image of Queens were evil to little girls, and that's why I think Chrysalis is a queen.

But, you don't have to be married to be a queen. You can be next in line for a queenship, and that's what how I think Celestia and Luna  will turn into queenship.

/)

Actually thats how EVERYTHING that has to do with Fairy tails and Fantasy stuff ends up like, Queens are bad and princesses are good.

Its dumb I know but it has to do with something about how Princesses have less responsibilities then what queen does, and something that the nostalgia critic said that I don't remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dazOOKyTjvo

Edited by Guyra
  • Brohoof 1

I think even when your not married or in a relationship at all, you can still be a Princess anyway. Celestia was originally suppose to be a Queen but, since Queens get corrupted with power and turn evil, Hasbro decided to make Celestia a Princess.

Chrysalis is a queen because, she is basically a demented evil queen.

That Nostalgia Critic video was great.

But it was interesting when he was flashing all of the evil queens, and he showed Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon. But in Sailor Moon, in the first season, Sailor Moon receives guidance from her mother from her past - Queen Serenity. Sailor Moon defeats Queen Beryl as Princess Serenity, but that was because she died as the princess in her first life and had not been crowned to queenship since the Moon Kingdom had not been reestablished by that point. However, in the new millennium when Crystal Tokyo was formed, Princess Serenity becomes Neo Queen Serenity. And she is definitely not evil. She gets trapped in a crystal coma for forever, but when she is out, she kicks ass. And she is still good.

He also mentioned Princess Leia. But in the new movies, we are introduced to Queen Amadala. Who is good.

And what about the Chronicles of Narnia? Susan and Lucy are queens of Narnia, not princesses.

So clearly, there are exceptions to the rule. But they are so hard to find that it takes someone like me, who has seen so many cartoons and other popular forms of media, to point many of them out.

So I really have no freaking idea why most of Hollywood thinks that we care about queens and princesses. Little girls do like queens, too. I liked queens. I don't think I ever noticed that queens were evil and princesses were good. I liked princesses too, and I always imagined being a princess because I was too little to be a queen.

Maybe that is more-or-less it. He touched on this point with the youthful part of being a princess making it better, but maybe it is more basic than that. Maybe little girls don't aspire to be queens because little girls do not always want to grow up. If the little girl were a princess, life would be a better version of how their life is now. Being a queen would involve too much change.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
On 2013-04-26 at 7:43 PM, Sir.Flutter Hooves said:

Celestia is considered a princess because of Hasbro. Celestia was suppose to a Queen and that's what Lauren Faust wanted, but Hasbro said the image of Queens were evil to little girls, and that's why I think Chrysalis is a queen.

Yes, this is why Celestia is called a princess rather than a queen.