Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Fundraiser] Help Poniverse Get To BronyCon!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

I'll most likely donate Wednesday (payday) I've been putting it off with being too lazy to change my Paypal details to my new card. Also, is donating how you get the little line of text above your avatar when you post? 

Yes it is, Once you Donate, you should have an Extra Option in your Options Menu that Allows you to change it,

One of the Little Perks that We Get, 

I would say it's Worth it.

(edited)

While your dedication and enthusiasm is appreciated, your thread would have served better as a bump of this one, so I just merged the two.

Thanks, I suppose? I'm sorry, I just really don't know what you mean. Was it a bad thing that I started this thread? I'm not sure what you mean.

/sorry./

<Oh, nevermind. I see what you did. You put my post in Feld0's. I guess that's better.>

<.brohoof.>

Edited by The Paris Swing Box

Thanks, I suppose? I'm sorry, I just really don't know what you mean. Was it a bad thing that I started this thread? I'm not sure what you mean.

/sorry./

<Oh, nevermind. I see what you did. You put my post in Feld0's. I guess that's better.>

<.brohoof.>

Yep. That's all there is to it. People aren't notified when one of their threads gets merged with another, so we have to make a post to tell them about it or they may think it got deleted. It's a routine action. Nothing to be concerned about.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we raised enough money and we even went past the goal in just 1 day! WOOHOO! laugh.png

Now we can get this cute adorable alicorn to BronyCon and, the rest of his followers will come along for the ride. Time to party!

tumblr_mjohj5vsuR1s3zmnwo1_500.gif

• Brohoof 6

I'm very happy that the Poniverse Staff managed to obtain their goal of $2,000 to be able to go to this year's BronyCon. I hope that you all have a great time there, and go and return safely.

Thank you everyone for donating.

tumblr_m9jdtucgDL1qf31n8.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I am also pleased to hear that Poniverse will be able to go to Baltimore this year now that their goal has been accomplished thanks to the community. If I and other high donators are invited to meet them then I’m sure we would be glad to go as I am still set to go to BronyCon myself.

(edited)

z8StxRP.png

Had the sudden urge to do it... sorry smile.png

Congratulations! Big-up everyone who helped donate, and big-up staff team for generating enough enthusiasm from this community to take you there. Even though I won't be at the convention, I'm glad I was able to contribute, and it'll really sit well knowing that Feld0 can go to BronyCon, represent us and Poniverse, and see in the recognition that this website deserves. Again, congratulations!

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 4

Yay! Good work, everybody, glad to see that blue bar finally full. Hope you guys have a blast up in Baltimore, I'm pretty jelly!

Oh, and an extra 91 cents to boot! You can buy... I dunno. What can you buy for 91 cents nowadays?

• Brohoof 4

Yay! Good work, everybody, glad to see that blue bar finally full. Hope you guys have a blast up in Baltimore, I'm pretty jelly!

Oh, and an extra 91 cents to boot! You can buy... I dunno. What can you buy for 91 cents nowadays?

You Could Buy a Portion Of Myspace.

That Could Work, or if you wanted to Spend your Money Wisely you could Buy 56 Gummi bears and Still Have a Cent leftover.

We've reached the goal! Thanks for your support in making this trip possible, everyone; the flights and hotel room are now booked, and we're able to cover our base expenses at the con itself, too. I'd like to give thanks to everyone who donated, and an extra-special thanks to Marco, who dedicated several runs of his Saturday Night Stream to this fundraiser; Detective Butler, who auctioned a painting off to the tune of $600 USD; and Morager, who won the bidding war.

The fundraiser will remain open until the end of BronyCon for anyone who'd like to make further contributions and/or is interested in the perks (remember, $40 gets you an invitation to dinner with the forum staff!). Anything we raise from this point onward will go toward making our presence at BronyCon the best it can be with cool extras like banners and flyers, depending on what we can afford. Unfortunately, due to a design flaw in our billing system, we had to remove the public counter to keep donations open, but the total amount raised will be announced once the fundraiser draws to a close.

That might cover a small contribution's processing fees. tongue.png The actual amount raised was a bit less than $2000 because Stripe and PayPal take a cut from every payment that generally works out to 3%-10%.

Aw, my img-1609438-1-element-of-generosity.png has expired! Is there any option to make the BronyCon Supporters group lasts longer than a month, @Feld0?

Don't want to be wearing the Subscribers group membership username hue and the usual Bunny or whatever badge.

Looks like a glitch with our subscriptions system removed the badge! blink.png I've corrected that for you; the BronyCon Supporters status is supposed to last until August 11. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Brohoof 6

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

There is a question (if I may ask) that has been tapping at me for a bit now. 

It's obvious how the $5 dollar raffle gifts and the $10+ Group and Badge changes were, are, and will be handled. But what I would like to know is how are you guys planning on doing/handling the the invitations to dinner (if anyone donated $40+), or, better yet, the letters to those who donated $20?

Thanks in advance~

Edited by ~Lugia~
  • Brohoof 2

There is a question (if I may ask) that has been tapping at me for a bit now. 

It's obvious how the $5 dollar raffle gifts and the $10+ Group and Badge changes were, are, and will be handled. But what I would like to know is how are you guys planning on doing/handling the the invitations to dinner (if anyone donated $40+), or, better yet, the letters to those who donated $20?

Thanks in advance~

The dinner invitations have already gone out, and contributors who have donated $40 or more have been asked to RSVP to them. A reservation is being made at a restaurant for everyone who's going to be there for that.

The letter will be written up before BronyCon, and I'll make a copy for everyone who's supposed to get one. When we meet up as the community staff, we'll sign every letter in the stack. I'll mail them out at the earliest opportunity after that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a prepaid Mastercard. Could I use that to donate? It doesn't require a pin or anything, so I wasn't sure if it would work or not. It only has like $20 on it now, and that's all I was planning to donate anyways.
I can't attend BronyCon, but I am glad you guys can enjoy yourselves there.

Edited by Art Streak

The dinner invitations have already gone out, and contributors who have donated $40 or more have been asked to RSVP to them. A reservation is being made at a restaurant for everyone who's going to be there for that.

The letter will be written up before BronyCon, and I'll make a copy for everyone who's supposed to get one. When we meet up as the community staff, we'll sign every letter in the stack. I'll mail them out at the earliest opportunity after that.

Alright thanks~

That'll be a fun time for the entire group, signing letter after letter :P

I have a prepaid Mastercard. Could I use that to donate? It doesn't require a pin or anything, so I wasn't sure if it would work or not. It only has like $20 on it now, and that's all I was planning to donate anyways.

I don't think there will be an issue with that. Looking at the donation page you are able to use MasterCards when under the Credit/Debit tab, so I think that the prepaid should work.

On another note, dropped in another $10 due to OCD (now totaling $50) to make this booth/panel/whatever the best it can be. 

Better have pyrotechnics/fireworks/etc. Can't wait to see it come August ;)~

• Brohoof 1

That should work just fine. Just select the "Credit/Debit Card" option when you check out. :) Here's a screenshot of what that looks like:

Credit Card Payment.png

On another note, dropped in another $10 due to OCD (now totaling $50) to make this booth/panel/whatever the best it can be. 

Better have pyrotechnics/fireworks/etc. Can't wait to see it come August ;)~

Thanks, Lugia. It's much appreciated. Everything we've raised past the initial goal has been really helpful in paying for various printouts, which should make it that much cooler to run into us there. :)

That should work just fine. Just select the "Credit/Debit Card" option when you check out. :) Here's a screenshot of what that looks like:

I'm sorry Feld0, but I can't give out my exact location! My parents would probably take away the Internet for a long time (they took it away once for a whole year.)

Anyways, I hope you guys have a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

Um, if I understood this correctly, MLP Forums will have their own panel? (I am guessing it's the smallest one?)

Which of the days will this be and what time? I want to watch it on a livestream or something :0

Um, if I understood this correctly, MLP Forums will have their own panel? (I am guessing it's the smallest one?)

Which of the days will this be and what time? I want to watch it on a livestream or something :0

Saturday at 4:45 EST I think it is. Poniverse: Building a Supercommunity Ruled by Doctor XFizzle and His Sexy Coolness is the full name of it.

Saturday at 4:45 EST I think it is. Poniverse: Building a Supercommunity Ruled by Doctor XFizzle and His Sexy Coolness is the full name of it.

ugh I hate this time zone thing.. EST... when the hay is that for me.. But usa is usually around 7 hours after sweden so I guess that's like.. 11:45 pm for me..

I'll be in the livestream from 10:45 and then I hope I won't miss it :P