Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Camp

Super Derpy

I am just throwing out what I think would be a cool idea. Have a brony camp during the summer! Not like a convention but just like a brony themed summer camp where it would be just bronies for like a week. Age wouldn't matter and everyone would be accepted. You guys can help me with the details

• Brohoof 9

I don't understand what the point of it would be. What exactly would you do over the course of the camp? :P Seems somewhat... unneeded? Superfluous? 

Just a chance to get to meet a lot of new people that have the same interests as you. It wouldn't be like a convention it would be an overnight camp. You could form lasting friendships! XD

And who wouldn't want to go to an MLP themed camp anyways?

Eh I mean if people had the will and the money to do it then it might be cool.

Only problem is typically they setup for cons over overnight stuff because people don't want to travel so far to go somewhere for an overnight thing.

so while its not bad, i'm not exactly sure its nessary.

yeah I'm not saying it will actually happen. But in my opinion I think it would be pretty cool! The camp would be an exact copy of Ponyville! I mean come on who wouldn't travel thousand of miles for that!

A cheaper idea would be to rent out an already existing summer camp for a week and then decorate it pony themed. I know it would stl cost money but is much more possible

There is camp for pretty much every else you can possibly imagine already so I can't really see why not, a pony themed camp if done right can be pretty cool.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

I think what this camp would need is activities, whether it be brony related or not, why not take three friends and go fishing for one of the days at the camp. You go out there on a boat, go fishing, talk ponies, catch dinner, and head back to the camp for the rest of the day.

A 'convention' I was involved in creating up in Ontario works this way. It goes by the name of Feral!, and is still going on. I kinda dropped out of existence before the first one, so I didn't have much to contribute to it.

It's a workshop-orientated 'convention', rather than a panel-orientated convention. Everyone there is interested in some creative aspect of that particular fandom, and there are several workshops for upping their skills or exchanging information. Plus standard 'camping' activities like games and whatnot.

The idea behind the whole thing is it's Active and Participatory. No sitting around in a room being talked at for hours on end, you're actually *doing* stuff.

yeah I'm not saying it will actually happen. But in my opinion I think it would be pretty cool! The camp would be an exact copy of Ponyville! I mean come on who wouldn't travel thousand of miles for that!

A cheaper idea would be to rent out an already existing summer camp for a week and then decorate it pony themed. I know it would stl cost money but is much more possible

how much money would it cost?

i would love to go

but where would it be held?

and my mom knows i like the show but she dosnt know i like it "THAT" much

(edited)

how much money would it cost?

i would love to go

but where would it be held?

and my mom knows i like the show but she dosnt know i like it "THAT" much

It doesn't exsist i have no idea how much money it would cost or where it would be i am just saying it would be a really cool idea

Edited by Super Derpy

(edited)

If this would ever happen I would rent the biggest RV possible.. Since it would probably be in America and I just don't want all those bugs and stuff crawling on me. So you would probably feel the ground shake as I would arrive and if this would be in the far future then you can expect to see an old army helicopter land on the camp site which will work like an RV or a motorhome but it would be a lot cooler. I would like to have a camping trip with some fellow bronies. I would probably go if it was in the future, I would never travel to the US just for a camping trip, a convention maybe but not for a camping trip. But if it would be in the future and I would have a helicopter then maybe I would. Would love to go fishing/hunting and have a BBQ and all that camping stuff.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a really bad idea. Bronies want society to think we are normal, well-adjusted individuals and making our own summer camp would do the opposite

I think it's a really bad idea. Bronies want society to think we are normal, well-adjusted individuals and making our own summer camp would do the opposite

Some do I won't deny that but for me personally I think there is no such thing as normal as everyone has their own quirks some a bit more than others. I learned a long time ago to not give a damn what "society" thinks and just be myself and say to hell with anyone who has a problem with it. I will bet you a million dollars that there is at least one other fandom that probably has a camp just like that and I will be you they don't take the kind of crap bronies do for it. 

I think that'd be pretty awesome! And I wish it would happen. D: We can sit around a camp fire and sing MLP songs. Dress up like MLP characters. Have cabin sections MLP themed! Unicorn Corner! Earth Pony Lane! Pegasi Palace! It would be so awesome. :D We could have an obstacle course modeled after the sisterhoove social. And a talent show! O.O And a play. A huge MLP play.

I want this. Someone do this. Do it. NOW!

This would be a great Idea....assuming someone can assemble some people and plan it, activites, food and such.

I disagree, I've been to a Furry camp before. It's very successful. It's also an annual event.In a way it's a convention, but it's not a conventional convention...there's dealers and artists, food and entertainment and cabins to stay in. it's called "Camp Feral" this will be their 15th year I believe. So I don't see why a Brony one wouldn't be possible. The cost for it is $375($425 for a Sponsor), but that includes all the food you can eat, a cabin, activities and some freebies. It also runs for almost a full week,which is longer than any normal weeknd convention. This camp is also n August, so no worries of school and you can take vacation time from work for it.

(edited)

You see, my issue with a brony camp is that like lol campings fun and all but I'm sure most bronies probably just want to be inside with electronics and video games.

...I'd totally go to a brony camp, though.

Edited by Lord Bababa

If this would ever happen I would rent the biggest RV possible.. Since it would probably be in America and I just don't want all those bugs and stuff crawling on me. So you would probably feel the ground shake as I would arrive and if this would be in the far future then you can expect to see an old army helicopter land on the camp site which will work like an RV or a motorhome but it would be a lot cooler. I would like to have a camping trip with some fellow bronies. I would probably go if it was in the future, I would never travel to the US just for a camping trip, a convention maybe but not for a camping trip. But if it would be in the future and I would have a helicopter then maybe I would. Would love to go fishing/hunting and have a BBQ and all that camping stuff.

OH COME ON!!!!! I GO CAMPING ALL THE TIME! THERE WON'T BE BUGS "CRAWLING ON YOU"! Whatever... laugh.png 

Anyway, if we can actually find someone who can do this, we should start a kick starter for "Brony Camp"!!!!

• Brohoof 1

I'd go if I could, but it would probably be in America if we did actually manage to go through with this, which would be a big no no for me.

You see, my issue with a brony camp is that like lol campings fun and all but I'm sure most bronies probably just want to be inside with electronics and video games.

I haz laptop.

(edited)

OH COME ON!!!!! I GO CAMPING ALL THE TIME! THERE WON'T BE BUGS "CRAWLING ON YOU"! Whatever... img-1584126-1-laugh.png 

Anyway, if we can actually find someone who can do this, we should start a kick starter for "Brony Camp"!!!!

I'd still arrive in a helicopter, you just wait. It will be awesome, I don't worry too much about them bugs. We hardly even need a kick starter for it, camping isn't expensive so the only problem in my case is to get there. But if I had a helicopter I would come. Seriously though, this would be fun. I remember seeing pictures from a meetup that was actually on a camping ground. So this is very possible, at least for people that are in America.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94