Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is "a hater"?

IronPonyApplejack

(edited)

Also, going out of your way to voice your opinion doesn't make you a hater.  Its your opinion, and its likely that you would want others to think likewise.  (This is basically just the process of influence)  Its human nature to want to influence somebody into thinking along the lines of you.

What if they believe that its important for others to think EQG is shit?  Going out of their way to tell others is virtually one of the only ways that they can help make a change.  According to you it makes them a hater though.

Lets see how much people call me a hater:

I do believe that EQG will be a shitty movie.

"voice the fact that they do not like something and don't like the people who do either"

I think you ignored this part, I not saying the people who don't like EqG are Haters but the people who don't like the people who think it may be OK and go as far as to say they are "Shallow" "Morons" ect, are. So basically its how Toxic you are. 

So voice your dislike for EqG as much as you want, just don't become toxic and start insulting those who don't agree.

.....and now time to go back to my cave.

Edited by PonyEcho

"voice the fact that they do not like something and don't like the people who do either"

I think you ignored this part, I not saying the people who don't like EqG are Haters but the people who don't like the people who think it may be OK and go as far as to say they are "Shallow" "Morons" ect, are. So basically its how Toxic you are. 

So voice your dislike for EqG as much as you want, just don't become toxic and start insulting those who don't agree.

.....and now time to go back to my cave.

Point out to me the exact location where I "became toxic and started to insult those who don't agree with me."  I put so much effort into making sure I never did that, so I find it pretty surprising that you would state this.

Point out to me the exact location where I "became toxic and started to insult those who don't agree with me."  I put so much effort into making sure I never did that, so I find it pretty surprising that you would state this.

have I called you a hater?

because if I did I'm sorry,but all I did was explain what a hater is in my opinion and were I draw that like. 

have I called you a hater?

because if I did I'm sorry,but all I did was explain what a hater is in my opinion and were I draw that like. 

Well I seem to meet your primary condition don't I?  Going out of my way to express my discontent?  According to what you said, (the message I disagreed with) I would be a hater, thus, you implicitly stated that I was a hater weather you were aware of it or not due to your (in my opinion) warped definition of what a hater is.

Well I seem to meet your primary condition don't I?  Going out of my way to express my discontent?  According to what you said, (the message I disagreed with) I would be a hater, thus, you implicitly stated that I was a hater weather you were aware of it or not due to your (in my opinion) warped definition of what a hater is.

Do you? Are you Insulting the people who think EqG might be OK, then yeah you would be a hater because your stooping so low as to take the hate for EqG on to the people who don't.

I believe a 'hater' is a person who (obviously) dislikes a statement/opinion and begins to sabotage, suppress, annihilate, dismantle or 'erase' said statement/opinion. 

I personally dislikes the word "hate", because it's a strong synonym for "dislike". Saying you hate something is much more than just saying you dislike it. It means that you wish to break-down whatever it is that you hate.

• Brohoof 1

Do you? Are you Insulting the people who think EqG might be OK, then yeah you would be a hater because your stooping so low as to take the hate for EqG on to the people who don't.

This was your second condition.

Maybe if you would read your own message you could figure out what your first condition was. -.-

And would you like to kindly point me out to where I insulted anybody?

(edited)

This was your second condition.

Maybe if you would read your own message you could figure out what your first condition was. -.-

And would you like to kindly point me out to where I insulted anybody?

*face hoofs*  That second condition IS the "how far someone will go to express the hate and dislike" of the first condition.

And if you read my last post I said "Do you?" so answer the question, do you insult people for not sharing your dislike for something?

I believe a 'hater' is a person who (obviously) dislikes a statement/opinion and begins to sabotage, suppress, annihilate, dismantle or 'erase' said statement/opinion. 

^^^ Suits you perfectly John

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

For being able to be classified as a hater:

I'm going to prove to you right now that your first condition was : "going out of your way to express your discontent"

and your second condition was: "Not liking people who do like the thing"

The proof is in the message:

I consider a Hater to be someone who go's out of there way to voice the fact that they do not like something and don't like the people who do either. Its not down to the fact they hate or dislike something but how far they will go to express it.

So if you say you don't like Equestria girls,  you're not a hater. If you were like another brony I saw on the forums who said they didn't like EG and called the people who did "shallow" you would be a hater.

that's my thought on the term

After this, you embarrassingly went on to change your second condition...

*face hoofs*  That second condition IS the "how far someone will go to express the hate and dislike" of the first condition.

And if you read my last post I said "Do you?" so answer the question, do you insult people for not sharing your dislike for something?

I should be the one facehoofing!  >.<

@@John,

I don't see "going out of your way to express your discontent" in those posts you quoted. But I believe I said 

"someone who go's out of there way to voice the fact that they do not like something AND don't like the people who do either."

With " Its not down to the fact they hate or dislike something but how far they will go to express it." being a small clarification. 

There is no second condition, its more of a 1.5 condition.

now on to my example

"So if you say you don't like Equestria girls,  you're not a hater. If you were like another brony I saw on the forums who said they didn't like EG AND called the people who did "shallow" you would be a hater."

Look carefully I say the people how just say that they don't like EqG aren't but the people the don't like it but also don't like the people who do like it and go as far as to call them "Shallow" are because there going as far as to insult other people because they don't agree with him.

O.O This may be the first time I've ever had to deconstruct and explain my own post.

Now you are rely getting on my nerves since you're also PMing me too rather then sticking to this thread, so if you want to keep going stick to this thread please and I'll get to you responses as quickly as I can between the other stuff I have to do today.

@@John,

I don't see "going out of your way to express your discontent" in those posts you quoted. But I believe I said 

"someone who go's out of there way to voice the fact that they do not like something AND don't like the people who do either."

With " Its not down to the fact they hate or dislike something but how far they will go to express it." being a small clarification. 

There is no second condition, its more of a 1.5 condition.

now on to my example

"So if you say you don't like Equestria girls,  you're not a hater. If you were like another brony I saw on the forums who said they didn't like EG AND called the people who did "shallow" you would be a hater."

Look carefully I say the people how just say that they don't like EqG aren't but the people the don't like it but also don't like the people who do like it and go as far as to call them "Shallow" are because there going as far as to insult other people because they don't agree with him.

O.O This may be the first time I've ever had to deconstruct and explain my own post.

Now you are rely getting on my nerves since you're also PMing me too rather then sticking to this thread, so if you want to keep going stick to this thread please and I'll get to you responses as quickly as I can between the other stuff I have to do today.

Now you see, this is when you start to change what you had stated originally.  I gave you the two initial conditions of the original statement and as accurately as possible​ defined them.  Notice that those two initial conditions were part of your first message, which is what we were initially arguing about.  It wasn't until later that you added that "clarification" which actually contradicts the first condition of your original message.  Hm...

Also... Don't bring the example into this, because that's not what I was referencing in my original retort at the top of page 2...

And its good that I tried to move this to PM.  I'm sure everyone else would prefer that!  So If you want to respond, please do so in PM so we can talk this through in the spirit of civility and understand where each other are coming from.  Its super early in the morning where I'm from so I have to catch some sleep.  Goodnight.

A hater, I've been one, is someone who is completely against the idea of something.  They are not able to be negotiated to a compromise, and will go out of their way to insult the targeted topic.

The answer to your question is actually very, very simple, if you think about it.

A hater is someone who hates, nothing more, nothing less.

A 'hater' is a term used by insecure people with fragile egos to vilify someone who doesn't like what they like. It provides the person a way to ignore the 'hater' without having to defend their object of interest rationally.

To me, a hater of Equestria Girls is a person who doesn't just not like it. No, a hater does more than just say words. They take action . A hater is a one who sends death threats to the DHX or when they threaten to leave the fandom just over a movie without even watching it.

If they just don't like it, then they're not haters. Just people who dislike the movie (without even watching it -_- )

hater = brony182. Im hot headed and I get into verbal fights very often because I want others to see it my way. However If I want to hang out here a little longer (which I do) Ill just have to be tolerating and keep my hatred of certain things to myself. img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

I agree the word "hater" has been woefully misused and not just about Equestria girls either but pretty much all other issues in the fandom and non fans have been labeled haters as well which dosen't really make sense if you think about it because that would mean that the overwhelming majority of people are haters even though many of them probably haven't even heard of the current generation of MLP. I didn't find out about the show until a friend of mine told me about it, and he found out about it through some fanart of he found when he wasn't even looking for pony art.

A hater is someone who goes out of their way to hate not only whatever it is in question they are hating on often beyond all reason as well as hating on the people that disagree with them.Based on what I have seen of Equestria Girls so far I probably my expectations are pretty low but I really don't see the point of panicking as even if it does end up bombing it is only a spinoff anyway.

• 2 years later...

My main problem with mindless haters is that they often can't cite a valid reason to "hate" Equestria Girls, they just do, usually for a petty or invalid reason. The two main arguments I dislike the most are as follows...

Badly Written

People often accuse Equestria Girls/Rainbow Rocks of being badly written, and then say that FiM is itself well written, I am suspicious of this argument because the quality of FiM's writing varies wildly. For example, how many times has a threat in FiM been defeated by a McGuffin or a Deus Ex? Quite a lot. Remember when Discord was defeated twice while he sat on a chair and did nothing? Remember how the technology level is supposed to be low yet every now and then we see Human cities with Jumbotron TV's and Airports with computers and metal detectors? There seems to be no kind of restraint, ruleset or theme for writing the show and there is no overlaying unity amongst the writers. Don't forget, Twilight had never seen a computer before in Equestria Girls, and I highly doubt she would not know they exist if they did in fact exist in her world.

I'm not ragging on Friendship is Magic, even though I don't watch it(I prefer Equestria Girls), I do acknowledge that you can't judge the whole by some of it's parts, but saying FiM is inherently well written and Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks are not is double-standards.

Made to sell toys

Some people accuse Equestria Girls as a series as being a shallow attempt to sell toys. What they either don't know or simply try to hide is that Friendship is Magic itself was always about selling toys right from the start. It is, was and always will be about selling toys. This entire argument is just not valid.

These are my two main complaints waith the "haters", comment and add personal insight at will.

Edited by Evil_Emperor

It saves us from having to make new ones?

Problem is a lot of them are just really outdated dealing with the then-divisive prelease of the first EQG