Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you buy Equestria Girls merchandise?

Silent Beat

Equestria Girls Merchandise  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Will you buy MLPFIM Equestria Girls Merch?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'll buy one just to kill it with fire

Liked the movie, and I will admit I frigg'n love good media merch. However...tough call on this.

I love Funko's show accurate stuff with a passion, and will buy all of their lineup. It will be cool if they made Equestria Girls stuff, but it's unlikely. Not much of a loss though.

Like the brushables, the stuff that almighty Hasbro is pumping out is ugly (except this year's SDCC exclusive ohmy.png ). Too bad they haven't made a "collectors line" yet. The dolls (can't kid myself and call them action figures) look only 60% like their movie selves, so may completely pass. The Sunset Shimmer/Twilight Sparkle set is a maybe, with the only reason for buying it being that it is part of Brony history.

As for the bluray, guaranteed buy.

Well, I love the movie, so, more than likely, yes. Whatever they have available down the line, I will definitely look into. The blu-ray is a must have. A great film in glorious HD. Not going to pass that up. 

A simple response for a simple question.

I voted no, because honestly the dolls look creepy in my opinion, as well as not being very accurate to the looks of the movie. I most likely will be picking up the DVD, but I don't really count that as merch.

However, if there was a "maybe" option in the poll, I would have picked that. The other reason why I don't want the dolls is I'm a bit bad at taking care of doll hair, and I've decided to focus on collecting the blind bags as opposed to the brushables, since they have sculpted hair, are more show-accurate in my opinion, and there are more of them to collect. So, if Hasbro came out with little EqG figures that were accurate and roughly blind bag size, you can bet I'd buy 'em in an instant. But until they do, EqG merch gets a pass from me.

• Brohoof 1

No, I will not be purchasing any EqG (I still think of EqD when I see that abbreviation) merchandise, for much the same reason I don't touch My Little Pony merchandise. That reason being:

Pinkie_Pie_Equestria_Girls_doll.jpg

I'm likely a minority, however all I can think when I see most MLP merchandise is 'does this look like the face of mercy?' They're just off, I'm sorry.

(edited)

I think the key is to kill it with fire while its on the shelves and before its purchased., Hasbro would love it if you bought it to destroy it at home.

I think putting the mlp PONY toys and putting them in FRONT of the eqgirls at your walmart and target can work well. It may annoy that store's staff but i'm all for fans voting their displeasure by mkaing those toys harder to view and purchase. :P Viva le revolution!! 

Edited by Freewave

I would be more likely to buy the dolls if they had them wearing the outfits they wore in the movie (especially the dance ones). But they didn't really do that. If they made plushes like Disney has of the disney princesses I'd probably buy that too.

I'll probably buy the movie though.