Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Your First Time watching a Anime.

Guyra

If Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon counts then I was in love with it ^-^ However if you mean non-mainstream anime then I was skeptical especially since my friend made us watch it in another language thinking that reading the subtitles and body language was enough ._. obviously she was the only one enjoying it lol (not to mention I've seen them in english too and I still find them complicated IMAGINE in another language I was soooo lost XD)

"Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" (though the North American version was called "Warriors of the Wind" then) was the first anime that I ever did see; I don't think I'd even started kindergarten.  Thanks, topic, for making me feel old!!!! xD  I also saw the original Voltron early on.  And some weird thing where some naked lady randomly appeared in the skeleton of a dragon??!?  Or I just imagined that last one.

You know, thinking about movies vs. tv shows, Scamper the Penguin might've been my first anime. That or Serendipity the Pink Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJSFPaHZTU

By the Nine that is going WAY back! WAY before I knew what 'anime' was.

• Brohoof 1

I believe it might actually have been Sailor Moon. I honestly don't recall.

I don't watch anime all that often and wouldn't really count pokémon as an anime (it is, but it's not...)

Fun fact: The most recent anime I watched was the one and only Elfen Lied.

I've got no idea if it was Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball that I watched first, but it was definitely one of those two back in the mid 90's. Aside from Pokemon, I never really watched any anime beyond those three, but I've still got fond memories of each of them.

(edited)

Pokemon was the first anime I watched. After that, I didn't start watching anime until I watched Digimon when I was a senior in high school. Then I watched Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Clannad, Ouran High School Host Club, Amnesia, Wolf's Rain, Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z. I was watching Fairy Tail, but I've been reading Fairy Tail instead. I check three volumes out at my library every 1-2 weeks.

post-23129-0-79118600-1401953101_thumb.jpg

You know, thinking about movies vs. tv shows, Scamper the Penguin might've been my first anime. That or Serendipity the Pink Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJSFPaHZTU

WHAT?! SCAMPER THE PENGUIN IS ANIME?! :o I did not know that! Okay, that was the first anime I watched! I watched it years before Pokemon, but I don't remember anything about it except that there was a blue penguin and a pink penguin. Heck, I've been trying to figure out for years what that cute penguin movie was even called! I wish I could give you 100 brohoofs for informing me and providing a link!

Edited by Frosty Nerd
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I can't say Pokemon, because I only watched a bit here and there, so the first anime I watched was Sonic X(the 4kids dub). I can't believe I sat through all 3 seasons. It was dull and boring. I'm not really an anime person and I don't plan on getting into it.

(edited)

I'm not gonna count watching a random episode or two of a series but counting an entire series. 

Angel Beats! was technically my first series I ever watched that my cousin showed me. Oh my god did I cry and cry liquid pride. There were so many feels with the characters and the story. It was a REALLY good series in my opinion but man dem feels...

Edited by Noire Panzer

Could it be something that is still running today because my first anime I ever watched was Pokemon Advanced but if it has to be something not running today it was the movie My Neighbor Totoro.

The first anime I ever watched was something called Naruto. it really got me into anime ^^

I decided to check out what all this anime fuzz was about so I checked it out. Same story as MLP :D