Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

Probably one of the most embarrassing things is having to explain to your uncle what a "brony" is. See, I try my best to be very secretive still about my like for the show all though quite a few people all ready know I am a fan.

Anyway someone must have told him I was going to a convention in Baltimore. This is how the conversation went down somewhat.

Him: so Josh, you went to a comic convention in Baltimore right?

Me: (nervously rubbing leg) well actually it was a Brony convention.

Him: what is that? I don't know what that is.

Me: ( period of silence, and then a nervous sigh) well, you see, A brony is a fan of My little pony. A lot of guys and girls go to this convention.

Him: the girls part I understand.

After a little while of explaining I think he might get why I like it. But, that doesn't mean it wasn't extremely nervous for me.

• Brohoof 5

I had it worse.....I was in class when someone called my phone. Normally I have it on vibrate or silent, but I forgot to turn it off one day. So suddenly my ringtone goes off and everyone hears WINTER WRAP UP, WINTER WRAP UUUUPPP!

I swear my face went red when everyone looked at me weirdly and when class was over I quickly ran out.

Somehow i picture this on the other classes faces, https://youtu.be/7nX2Ud3HvA0?t=44s

So... I'm a closet brony...

I had made a brony iFunny account that obviously belonged to me. My best friend had stumbled upon it randomly and commented

"when u find out ur best friend is a brony." I knew it was him, but he didn't seem to talk about it during school, or ever..

• 2 months later...

Geez... just had a terrible one. Luckily it was only in front of my parents.

So we normally drive all the way to missouri to see my brothers football games on the weekend. I listen to pony music and stuff all the way there to spend my time normally. (It's an 8 hour drive) So I was listening to pony music (let the rainbow remind you) and had my phone plugged into the charger port. For SOME REASON the car decides "HEY! He's playing music! Let's play it at full volume on the radio :D" let the rainbow remind you was on full blast while I quickly pull out the charger port and it shuts off the music. The universe hates me.

• Brohoof 6

One time I went out of my room to go to the bathroom, when I went out of the bathroom, the door of my room was wide open and I caught my mom in here while my main computer screen was opened, but at that time I had a Twilight Sparkle wallpaper on this particular screen so when I saw her I panicked a bit and I tried to make her exit out of the room as fast as I could. Fortunately, when I talked about that with her, she said that she did not notice the wallpaper, then as we talked more about this topic, it got to the point of me saying that my wallpaper was really special, then my mom said that she thought that the wallpaper could be something really girly, then I was all like yeah :adorkable:

That one was a close call.

This is a constant fear of mine. I don't have mlp stuff as my desktop background, but if I have derpibooru/mlpforums/anything mlp related open and I have to leave the room, I open up a youtube video and put it full screen or something lol.

I was at the local Build-a-Bear looking at the MLP plushes. Some little kids and their parents looked at me strangely enough and was confused at me. So I showed them how I do my business, I stood in line to get my plush filled and bought the plush with my total manliness.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

AAAAA KILL ME

I was afk in the bathroom and my dad goes into my room to place my dinner on my desk

I had totally forgotten what I had on my monitor...

which was, of course, derpibooru. Thousands of pictures of pony. Princess luna to be exact.

I get out, he says nothing about it to me, but there's no way he DIDN'T see it. I hope he never mentions it.

He doesn't know I like MLP and I DON'T want anyone to know.

aaaaaaaggg

Funny thing is, which makes this worse, usually when I go afk if I'm looking at pony stuff I open up a new window or something to make it look like I'm doing other stuff and you can't see the mlp stuff, but this 

ONE

TIME

that I forget, someone happens to go right up to my computer and see it.

• Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2013 at 10:08 AM, Sapphire Quill said:

Yeah... I've got quite a disturbing and Awkward Moment, I wouldn't mind sharing.

So around Two Weeks ago, I had organized a bet with one of my mates saying, if my football team lost, I would have to come to school on the last day dressed in a dress... and vice versa, so my team lost, yay, so I came to school on the last day in a dress as normal. it was quite fun, and comfortable actually, but yeah, the day went fine no hassles or anything, until later in the day, we were playing basketball, and well I'm a tall person 207cm, 6 Foot 6 Inches, or similar, so I was playing like normal. in a dress and all... yeah...
and well, I went for a slam dunk, it didn't go quite well, I pulled the slam dunk off, but the dress got caught on the ring, and well My under Panties, I was wearing for the day fell off... Awkward..... around 20 people took pictures of me. and just.... It's not right and it's awkward, One of the Worst days of my life.. and quite Embarrassing.

That wasnt a brony moment tho ;-;

One embarrassing thing that comes to mind is something that happened in 2012 - my friend asked me to draw a MLP-themed cover photo for her to use on some sites and like the pony enthusiast I was, I delivered. Since it was 2012, the drawing was made in MS paint while my overall grasp of anatomy was crude indeed. The cover photo was enough to attract a group of people from our school to make fun of our new obsession as well as feel disappointed about it. It obviously became a great reason to ridicule me and the friend, and I don't completely even blame them. :scots:

The most embarrassing part is probably that they might as well even still remember that.

I've got pony pics all over my desktop. :lol: I've never told my family about being a brony, but one time my dad had just bought me a printer and was helping me set it up with my laptop. I KNOW he saw the dozens of pony pics (I had forgotten to hide them), but he said nothing about it. Hopefully he was either too weirded out to say anything, or he just doesn't care. :P

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's the only embarrassing moment I've had and I hope it stays that way. So around 6 months after I started watching MLP I had a tab open in safari on my IPod that was MLP on Google images. It was one morning when my dad's phone was charging and he had to check the online newspaper as normal so of course he turned to me and forced himself onto my IPod only to see the MLP Google images tab open. He asked me if I liked MLP and I said I didn't know about the tab that was open and told him how many other exuses as I was panicking like crazy. Since then I've never had anything like that happen again and I think my dad fergot about it as it's been a full two years since the incident and I really hope he's completely forgotten about it as I don't want things to get worse as my parents are probably brony heaters but most likely my mom isn't knowing her but I don't know for sure if it's true or not. :)

• Brohoof 3

Sorry everypony, but I have yet to be caught out, yet XD.

I'm an analytical and a strategist, so it's gonna be hard for that to happen.

I was almost caught out once when I was watching mlp on TV and my stepmother came in the room, but I covered it up by saying that I was just flicking the channels.

I guess we will have to see how long my luck and awareness lasts :)

• Brohoof 5

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I have a really embarrassing one...

So I was going to tell one of my friends that im a brony and watch mlp at school in the lunch hall (pretty much the entire school was there) and so I told him, so you know what he did? He told every single person in the lunch hall (and I did tell him to not tell anyone) so I just finished my lunch as fast as a possibly could and just ran out the door. It was so embarrassing. But that was a couple years ago, but still my most embarrassing moment in my life by far. 

Also, do you guys like my first OC? (I don't know how to make good cutie marks btw so I just didnt do one) Her name is Nightfallimage.png.99a3b4b6687edac1f70c94367e991d8e.png

Edited by Papasalt
didnt put in all the info
  • Brohoof 1

I once where rainbow dash running socks to a cross country race in high school.

It's funny cause our guys team sometimes where some patterned socks when we run. And When I came out to a race 

wearing rainbow dash socks we all laughed (including myself). But one team mate was like "but you are not gay right?" And I was like "heck no".

I realized he was just messing with me and kinda felt a small act of embarrassment. However, I played it off cool in the end :D

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2013 at 4:03 AM, Saturnsparkle said:

One time in class it was all silent and i was just sitting in my desk and this girl walks by you know the type of girl who talks really loud to get attention. she says OMG IS THAT A MY LITTLE PONY?!?! then everyone looks over at me and starts to giggle and laugh. my ''friend'' daniel was like yeah cause he's a fagget. then after class this girl walks up to me after class and in all seriouseness ask me if im accually gay. i did a face palm and explained to her why i like the show but i dont think she was convinced

Haha, I also have a friend who is a faggot, and his name is Daniel too xD

Whats his second name? Funny if it was the same Daniel

There was one slightly funny moment that happened in secondary school. :D In the computer class we were allowed to listen to music while doing the exercises so I had to listen to MLP songs since my enthusiasm for ponies was at its peak back then. After choosing an appropriate Smile Song remix I hadn't noticed that my headphones weren't plugged in - I was so glad I noticed it before it was too late. The classmates only got to hear "COME ON A-" before I quickly paused the video and plugged the headphones in.