Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shocked by Luna's official persona?

Kodiak

To be honest, I thought she'd be like a slightly more confident Fluttershy with a bit of Celestia in the mix. Finding hard to like her to be honest, she's okay when she talks, but not when SHE PUTS CAPS LOCK ON.

Personally, I didn't take to her off the bat mostly because I was expecting a shy, timid Luna to appear. But, after my third viewing of the episode, she really grew on me. So much so that she's replaced Rainbow Dash as my third favorite character (Twilight's always best pony, and I just love Pinkie Pie's broken personality).

So, what do you guys think of the official Luna?

At first I was like

"Please... stop screaming"

And when I saw that she was no shy and scared of what people thought of her. I was like

"D'AWWWWWW"

I was indeed shocked by her appearance and demeanor however it quickly grew on me and I absolutely love the personality they gave her! It has only served to increase my fanboyish liking to her and affirmed her as my favorite pony in the whole show. If ever afforded the opportunity to do so, I would still give her a huge hug...assuming that she would even let me. XD

wasnt shocked

from what i gather before she became nightmare moon she probably didnt get to inact with everypony given they were asleep so she just went back to luna, knowing just the royal way of doing things

I personally liked Luna's official persona, as she is one of my favorite ponies, I liked how she stuck to the old speaking style, it was so cheesy, and she was just awkward, kinda like me. ^-^

ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE is new meme.

I don't get all this "her appearance is because she's still part NMM" talk. Didn't Faust say outright it's because when she got owned by the EoH it weakened her, but now she's back up to her old strength, which is why she has the normal Alicorn look now? I know Faust isn't technically part of the show anymore, but IIRC she helped write season 2, even if she isn't actually working on the episodes themselves.

Lauren Faust said that's how she would explain it, but she's just speculating since she's not involved with the show now, and she had nothing to do with the change.

Especially once she stopped YELLING.

SHE WASN'T YELLING, SHE WAS USING THE TRADITIONAL ROYAL VOICE.

Other than that, she did great, though (obviously) her sister had "forgotten" to remind and/or update her on the traditions and meanings of holidays (like the point of the Nightmare Night).

SHE WASN'T YELLING, SHE WAS USING THE TRADITIONAL ROYAL VOICE. Other than that, she did great, though (obviously) her sister had "forgotten" to remind and/or update her on the traditions and meanings of holidays (like the point of the Nightmare Night).

Well. she is trollestira. I doubt she tried to say anything to Luna so she could learn to be with the citizens in her own way.

I really liked the fact that they made her larger and more akin to size of Celestia, as well as giving her wavy hair. Even better the fact that they decided not to give any explanation as to why she was such; leaves more to the imagination to take over (like that hilarious comic Tyroq posted).

Her personality was also awesome. Blew away all my expectations I ever had of her, and every fanon personality she had. The fact that she spoke using the Royal Canterlock... wait, I meant

USING THY ROYAL CANTERLOCK WHEN ADDRESSING THINE LOYAL SUBJECTS

as well as using the royal tongue ("thou", "thine", "est-" extensions on words) really shows just how much after she is with time.

Only thing I don't get is why she never was informed about all the changes that had occurred after a 1000 years. I mean, her speaking normally might take time to adjust, but why she never was informed that using the Royal Canterlock is not used anymore, and that the ponies of Equestria don't have to kiss the royal ponies' shoes anymore, is beyond me.

Maybe Celestia let her go like that because she fully trusted that Twilight would take care of everything there, and that Luna could much more easily win back her ponies' love and respect if being subject to the changes in first person, as opposed to reading up on 1000 years of Equestrian history instead?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...