Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Magic: Real or Not?

DragonAlex97

My argument in a nutshell.

Magic might be fun to contemplate, but its best use is a literary shortcut for storytellers.

The concept is as seductive as the darkside: magic is quicker, easier, not as hard as doing real work.

We live in a world where things are only accomplished by hard work. Sorry. There is no Magic.

magic ant that simple its something you have to work at to be good with it just like anything else tho you can be born stronger at it then others tho that dosint mean others caint work at it to be better then the one born with it like energy was simple for me to do and start having energy fights with people  

magic ant that simple its something you have to work at to be good with it just like anything else tho you can be born stronger at it then others tho that dosint mean others caint work at it to be better then the one born with it like energy was simple for me to do and start having energy fights with people  

Yeah, sure. And your You Tube fights are at what link?

Everyone I've seen who claimed real power always ended up to be a fake. Show us some REAL magic then. Put it on You Tube.

Yeah, sure. And your You Tube fights are at what link?

Everyone I've seen who claimed real power always ended up to be a fake. Show us some REAL magic then. Put it on You Tube.

i never said any of the you tube stuff is real and iv aredy said right now all i do is energy fights and enles you can see that kinda energy i cant show that 

i never said any of the you tube stuff is real and iv aredy said right now all i do is energy fights and enles you can see that kinda energy i cant show that

how convenient.

Somehow proof is never something that can be presented. In an entire world full of supposed mystics and people claiming power, none seem to be willing to hurl so much as a lightning bolt on camera.

Why should I take it on faith when it's all invisible...or should I say: make believe.

Edited by Silverhoof

how convenient.

Somehow proof is never something that can be presented. In an entire world full of supposed mystics and people claiming power, none seem to be willing to hurl so much as a lightning bolt on camera.

Why should I take it on faith when it's all invisible...or should I say: make believe.

i would show proof but as i said the kind im working on you cant realy see enles you can see energy like chi or if the persons strong enofe at it to make it visible  

There's so much we don't know about, so I guess anything is possible. Me, personally, I can't see magic being possible at the moment, although I believe in the paranormal ideas such as ghosts and spirits, so I guess we all think different things.

As someone who's generally a man of science, I would say that magic hasn't been proven yet to exist with any reliable and repeatable experiments or testing medthodology.  But at the same time, human understanding of the way the universe works is still incomplete.  

In short, it has not been proven to exist but I'm not going to say any absolutes beyond that.

This. We haven't been able to prove the existence of magic or the supernatural but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Tho if nothing else, the supernatural is by definition impossible to explain through scientific means. Someone also mentioned that it is likely the supernatural exist, something I agree with, but humans themselves are unable to make use of its power, which is possibly because we belong in a different plain of existence, a physical one, whereas things like spirits and magic belong in a metaphysical realm. I doubt it's impossible to achieve a state where one can obtain a deeper connection to the metaphysical, but we're mentally geared in a way that prohibits us from doing so. The human brain only uses a fraction of its full capacity after all.

• 8 months later...

Magic isn't real, its all illusions, misdirection, and sleight of hand. But thinking about that when watching magic tricks is lame, the fun is in just enjoying the show and letting yourself be sucked in and deceived. Its fun! But no, magic isn't real.  

No, but actual psychics do exist. My buddy at work told me about one. She told him some predictions and they all came true.

i believe that to some degrees magic exists aside from events that science cant explain and i believe all people are born with the potential to perform said magic but this potential wanes as you age and lose faith in magic which is why it is so rare to see

Do you believe in magic?

Do you believe in people that do magic?

Sup, dude. I've merged your thread with an older one. More answers, woohoo! 

(edited)

Of course not. Spells can act as placebos, but there's no way they actually work. Science may not cover absolutely everything, but magic offers nothing to be examined or any evidence that it worked in the first place. I could claim that hugging a boulder for 6 hours cured my cold and that's just as credible as magic spells and the like.

The people that would try it long enough would either convince themselves their cold symptoms have faded or that they may have done something wrong. Maybe they stopped hugging the boulder for a few seconds or maybe the boulder they chose wasn't the right size or positioned right. Or perhaps they should have just gone to the drug store and picked up some relief medicine...

Edited by Celtore

Magic, doesn't exist, IMO, b/c most of it would be consider "scientific".  However, like some have mentioned before, there are some "magical/strange" phenomenons that occur that science itself cannot answer, so is it real or not..................is an unknown answer. 

here in the Caribbean i have witnessed Voodoo practice, i respect it, 1000s of years of practice there might be something to it, but im not wanting to risk and find out