Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

I certainly hope not since around 87% of eevee are male. You add that to the fact that eevee's are rare in the games (if you can even catch one), and the chances of being able to get a sylveon become really slim. Like absurdly slim. That'd be a nightmare for me.

Yeah, thats true. Besides breeding it'd be really freaking hard to get a Sylveon.

well they've been releasing new eeveelutions every even numbered gen so it would have to be gen 8 at this pace =P

I laughed really hard when I realized you are right =P makes me feel a bit dumb for forgetting that

I guess its more of a thematic thing rather than a functional thing

Yeah, long wait :P.

Its ok, they've just always been released in pairs and stuff, i just didn't find it that odd :P.

I understand though.

Yeah that's one of the many holes in my theory, I imagine if game freak did make them gender coded, they would make them easier to obtain in some way. Another hole is every new eeveelution has evolved through a new mechanic, the umbreon and espeon with day and night, and glaceon and leafeon evolved in specific areas (wasn't used besides with magnezone and probopass but still).

Yeah that is a big hole.

Idk if they can gender code pokemon if I get what you mean, in that a pokemon is always a gender, i think all pokemon are set to randomly have a certain personality value, but idk i don't know alot about the code.

And apparently they're working on something new, so i suppose we'll see.

I don't know if I'm going to get it. I played a little of pokemon white but stopped when i saw the lack of cute or pretty pokemon. Yeah i don't want any strange pokemon like... throh.. I think Im going to stick to the older games.. at least till I get back into playing white since the graphics are cool. Actually I can't get x and y because i don't have a 3ds :/ just the lite.

I love pokemon though! At least up to a point. I don't like change very much so its hard to accept like 200 new pokemon. 

~TheLeafeon

I don't know if I'm going to get it. I played a little of pokemon white but stopped when i saw the lack of cute or pretty pokemon. Yeah i don't want any strange pokemon like... throh.. I think Im going to stick to the older games.. at least till I get back into playing white since the graphics are cool. Actually I can't get x and y because i don't have a 3ds :/ just the lite.

I love pokemon though! At least up to a point. I don't like change very much so its hard to accept like 200 new pokemon. 

~TheLeafeon

What Audino ain't cute enough for you?

I don't have a 3ds just yet either, but it's on the list of things to buy eventually. I just have to work it into the budget 

Yeah, thats true. Besides breeding it'd be really freaking hard to get a Sylveon.

Yeah, though it feels like breeding takes for ever. I already did a ton of eevee breeding so if the eeveelution was connected to gender, I'd be okay (I got 1 female (out of 50 or so males)). And I imagine it wouldn't be too much trouble if you were gifted one, since you could keep reseting until you got the right gender. It's just more troublesome than I'd like. 

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 1

What Audino ain't cute enough for you?

I don't have a 3ds just yet either, but it's on the list of things to buy eventually. I just have to work it into the budget 

Yeah, though it feels like breeding takes for ever. I already did a ton of eevee breeding so if the eeveelution was connected to gender, I'd be okay (I got 1 female (out of 50 or so males)). And I imagine it wouldn't be too much trouble if you were gifted one, since you could keep reseting until you got the right gender. It's just more troublesome than I'd like. 

I did catch one but i really quit when i got lost on a route xD didn't feel like looking up a walkthrough and wasn't in the mood to play. :/ now i lost my ds and currently replaying fire red (got it on my phone)

I can't wait for X and Y. I've been doing a lot of research on the games lately, and I'm pretty excited for them.

I always preffered Yveltal over Xerneas, but after reading that Xerneas is a life pokemon and Yveltal is a destruction pokemon, I don't know. For some reason Xerneas being a life pokemon makes it a lot more appealing to me. I'm still getting Y though, as I love Yveltal's design.

The next game to come after X and Y will probably be Z. If the theories that the legendaries are based off of Yggsdrasil (norweigan mythology) then that means out Z legendary will be a snake! That'd be pretty awesome! A snake legendary that is...we probably already have one though with all of the legendaries there are nowadays.

• Brohoof 2

I can't wait for X and Y. I've been doing a lot of research on the games lately, and I'm pretty excited for them.

I always preffered Yveltal over Xerneas, but after reading that Xerneas is a life pokemon and Yveltal is a destruction pokemon, I don't know. For some reason Xerneas being a life pokemon makes it a lot more appealing to me. I'm still getting Y though, as I love Yveltal's design.

The next game to come after X and Y will probably be Z. If the theories that the legendaries are based off of Yggsdrasil (norweigan mythology) then that means out Z legendary will be a snake! That'd be pretty awesome! A snake legendary that is...we probably already have one though with all of the legendaries there are nowadays.

Yeah i started doing research a while back, and i've been trying to keep up to date with X and Y, and heck pokemon in general(Mostly Events, which i've yet to catch any since I was young, and I already deleted my event pokemon for whatever reason, so yeah I have to get what I can back I guess. Hopefully we'll have some good events in the future, and I won't miss like every event ever :/.

Anyways. I kinda agree, Xerneas as a life pokemon seems more appealing a concept to me, but that said I love Yveltals design. So i'm probaly getting Y.

I'm almost 99% sure there will be a pokemon Z, it only makes sense really.

And the legendary will probaly be shaped as a Z, it being a snake is likely.

Although somebody told me that X and Y where based off of graphs, but thats just what I heard somewhere.

I still regardless think that the snake idea makes sense and Z will probaly be a pokemon game after X and Y.

That said I'm still getting Y :P.(Or X if i change my mind)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah i started doing research a while back, and i've been trying to keep up to date with X and Y, and heck pokemon in general(Mostly Events, which i've yet to catch any since I was young, and I already deleted my event pokemon for whatever reason, so yeah I have to get what I can back I guess. Hopefully we'll have some good events in the future, and I won't miss like every event ever :/.

Anyways. I kinda agree, Xerneas as a life pokemon seems more appealing a concept to me, but that said I love Yveltals design. So i'm probaly getting Y.

I'm almost 99% sure there will be a pokemon Z, it only makes sense really.

And the legendary will probaly be shaped as a Z, it being a snake is likely.

Although somebody told me that X and Y where based off of graphs, but thats just what I heard somewhere.

I still regardless think that the snake idea makes sense and Z will probaly be a pokemon game after X and Y.

That said I'm still getting Y :P.(Or X if i change my mind)

About the event pokemon, check this out. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/30/gamestop-game-to-distribute-shiny-legendary-pokemon/

I actually sold my Diamond before I got my 3DS XL so I couldn't transfer over Dialga, ect. Oh well, that's what Gamestop is for! Yay! Also if you pre-order X or Y at gamestop they give you a free poster. I have it on my wall right now. Yay!

• Brohoof 1

About the event pokemon, check this out. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/30/gamestop-game-to-distribute-shiny-legendary-pokemon/

I actually sold my Diamond before I got my 3DS XL so I couldn't transfer over Dialga, ect. Oh well, that's what Gamestop is for! Yay! Also if you pre-order X or Y at gamestop they give you a free poster. I have it on my wall right now. Yay!

Oh dang, i might have to get myself over to gamestop haha. Thanks.

I still have my Diamond, but I have Platinum and I can get Dialga in that, same with Palkia :P.

And they do? Maybe I need to pre order, even if I don't have a 3DS yet, i still kinda want the poster maybe... Besides i'm getting one soon once I have the funds.

And I think I could use some posters in my room anyways :P.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I guess Z is better than Pokemon Grey would have been for Black and White  :P

Now that you mention it, it does seem to based off of Yggdrasil. So a snake legendary based off of Nidhogg? Nidhogg is also referred to as a dragon so I'm guessing dragon type. 

For right now, I'm think I'll go with X version just 'cause, but I'll have to see all the version exclusives before I make my final decision.

I don't exactly keep up with the info that gets released unless it's really big news (I didn't even know about the flying battles and the hordes until just yesterday), so I hope you guys will just post whatever news hits the web in this thread  :catface:

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

I guess Z better than Pokemon Grey would have for Black and White  :P

Now that you mention it, it does seem to based off of Yggdrasil. So a snake legendary based off of Nidhogg? Nidhogg is also referred to as a dragon so I'm guessing dragon type. 

For right now, I'm think I'll go with X version just 'cause, but I'll have to see all the version exclusive before I make my final decision.

I don't exactly keep up with the info that gets released unless it's really big news (I didn't even know about the flying battles and the hordes until just yesterday), so I hope you guys will just post whatever news hits the web in this thread  :catface:

Yeah besides Black and white 2 are really good(And I haven't even beat them still, because i'm busying being a chronological weirdo playing through White   :P.)

I think that a snake would just make sense to be a Z regardless, I didn't even know about the yggdrasil thing but I still thought Z would have a snake.

I'm going with Y, but same I wanna see version exclusives before i'm sure.(I always have these issues where I want a version exclusive in each game though...)

I am trying my best to check every few days or so, i'll try and post it if anything new pops up.

Btw Horde and flying battles in my opinion look awesome, dunno why but I just love them.

Oh yeah since it hasn't been posted I figured i'd post this trailer, its in Japanese still, but it shows some gameplay, aswell as a battle underwater, which may mean that we'll have dive or something in the game, who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sXJJ1pC1jiU

I'm not sure why this hasn't been in English yet, but i figured i'd post it.

• Brohoof 3

Oh yeah since it hasn't been posted I figured i'd post this trailer, its in Japanese still, but it shows some gameplay, aswell as a battle underwater, which may mean that we'll have dive or something in the game, who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sXJJ1pC1jiU

I'm not sure why this hasn't been in English yet, but i figured i'd post it.

Hopefully an English will be up sooner rather than later. I'd give a shoddy translation but I'm a little pressed for time and someone on a pokemon forum has probably already given a better one  :muffins:.

It did look like it was underwater but they didn't say anything about it, so I'd guess that dive is in the game but underwater battles won't be radically different than before. I was wondering if they might restrict the types of pokemon that could battle underwater; I guess not.

• Brohoof 2

@Zygen That's some pretty cool footage! I haven't seen it yet either, so yay for new stuff! :yay:

You know what I want to see? The starter evolutions. I'm really curious about what they're going to look like. I had the most awful dream the other night, that for some reason all 3 final evolutions looked exactly the same. They were crappy looking elephant things, except one was green, one blue, and one red. Thank god it was only a dream!

Anyways, what starter are you guys going to pick? I'm thinking that I'm going to go with Chespin, since I rarely pick grass starters. As freaking awesome as Fennekin is, I have the feeling that it's going to be overused. I think I'm going to have to wait for a final decision until I see the final evolutions.

• Brohoof 4

You know what I want to see? The starter evolutions. I'm really curious about what they're going to look like. I had the most awful dream the other night, that for some reason all 3 final evolutions looked exactly the same. They were crappy looking elephant things, except one was green, one blue, and one red. Thank god it was only a dream!

So they all evolved into Drowzee? 

That's too funny  :lol:

I'm gonna go with Fennekin. Sure, it will be over used, but I really like the look of the fennec fox. I usually go with the grass starter first, but there's a first time for everything

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

I'm excited since I saw the new pokemon, Orotto which looks like a..tree? I'm guessing its like an evolution to Sudowodo (whatever its spelled like) I mean, I might be wrong in that aspecct.

I heard that you might get a pokeball as a cartridge holder if you preorder...then again, that was on tumblr.

Well, we KNOW we might as well prepare for another eeveelution, we only recieved info on one and they always come in pairs. We know the pokemon revealed are mostly esclusives, like shushup and cluntcher.

• Brohoof 2

So they all evolved into Drowsee? 

I'm gonna go with Fennkin. Sure, it will be over used, but I really like the look of the fennec fox. I usually go with the grass starter first, but there's a first time for everything

Drowsee...ughh >_>  A dude with that gamertag kept killing me over and over again yesterday in battlefield 3.

There is a first time for everything yes. Like maybe Nintendo can give us a non fire/fighting fire starter for the first time in what, 3 generations now? I'm really hoping Fennekin is Fire/Psychic. That would be so freaking cool!! :wub:

I'm hoping for a second Eevee evolution like the dude above me said. Why? Because Eeveelutions rock! B)

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 3

Hopefully an English will be up sooner rather than later. I'd give a shoddy translation but I'm a little pressed for time and someone on a pokemon forum has probably already given a better one  :muffins:.

It did look like it was underwater but they didn't say anything about it, so I'd guess that dive is in the game but underwater battles won't be radically different than before. I was wondering if they might restrict the types of pokemon that could battle underwater; I guess not.

Yeah, i hope so. 

And I can't read Japanese at all, but regardless i'm sure theres a translation somewheres. Maybe i'll go look for it idk.

I was wondering about underwater battles in general, at first i was like "WOW THATS AWESOME" then I realized that those where in gen 3 anyways :P.

However i wonder if like flying battles underwater battles will be restricted.

I kinda like the flying battles and other special types of battles, it just seems interesting to me..

I also hope they can be done online, just because.

Dive returning is possible though, That said it also means my water types hauling another water HM like surf, or I have an HM slave I'll have to haul around. 

Or like I said before it could be a new battle type.

@Zygen That's some pretty cool footage! I haven't seen it yet either, so yay for new stuff! :yay:

Anyways, what starter are you guys going to pick? I'm thinking that I'm going to go with Chespin, since I rarely pick grass starters. As freaking awesome as Fennekin is, I have the feeling that it's going to be overused. I think I'm going to have to wait for a final decision until I see the final evolutions.

Yay :D, new stuff! 

I actually saw the footage on serebii a few days ago, but forgot to post it here. Its been there for a little bit though.

I have a feeling Nintendo won't disapoint, however unless Chespin gets a really really cool Evolution, i'm going with Fennekin, despite normally being big on grass starters. Besides it'll be nice to actually use a non grass starter grass type, and Fennekin looks awesome.

Grass starts have been my choice in basically every gen since the beggining(The only time I liked any other type over grass starters was Cyndaquil back in my childhood when I played Crystal.) and Treeko is one of my favorite pokemon(And also a grass starter).

I think my love for grass types probably has alot to do with me being obsessed with the color green though xD.

Of course grass still isn't my favorite type, but anyways.

And even if Fennekin might end up overused i don't care xD. I pick whoever I please, besides i'll probably playthrough again and get the other starts eventually anyways.

The Evolutions of the starters would be awesome though, i've seen lots of epic fan art of the starters evolutions i just want confirmation.

So they all evolved into Drowzee? 

I'm gonna go with Fennkin. Sure, it will be over used, but I really like the look of the fennec fox. I usually go with the grass starter first, but there's a first time for everything

Oh you and your jokes xD. i see wut you did thair. :D.

Thats almost exactly my thoughts! Omg xD. WE ARE LONG LOST BROTHERS OR SOMETHING.

ok not really, but I do normally pick grass type, but Fennekin while probably going to be over used, is to awesome to pass up(Not to mention Fire types aren't exactly the most common thing ever).

I'm excited since I saw the new pokemon, Orotto which looks like a..tree? I'm guessing its like an evolution to Sudowodo (whatever its spelled like) I mean, I might be wrong in that aspecct.

I heard that you might get a pokeball as a cartridge holder if you preorder...then again, that was on tumblr.

Well, we KNOW we might as well prepare for another eeveelution, we only recieved info on one and they always come in pairs. We know the pokemon revealed are mostly esclusives, like shushup and cluntcher.

Yeah thats its name, as for it evolving from Sudowodo, i'm not sure. I don't think it looks like Sudowodo enough personally, but eh.

Also the fact its shown in a horde battle is weird, seeing as i'd think an evolution like that would only be obtainable from a weird evolution thing.(Not like you see Ryperiors and Duskinors in the wild now do you?)

Well that would be awesome and a reason to pre order, but i dunno how much I trust Tumblr.

I'm 99% sure there will be one, especially since I heard it from the leak someone on youtube got that I posted the video about. 

Not to mention the pairs.

And yeah it seems alot revealed are exclusives, which is good, because it helps me decide which ones I want :P.

Drowsee...ughh >_>  A dude with that gamertag kept killing me over and over again yesterday in battlefield 3.

There is a first time for everything yes. Like maybe Nintendo can give us a non fire/fighting fire starter for the first time in what, 3 generations now? I'm really hoping Fennekin is Fire/Psychic. That would be so freaking cool!! :wub:

Oh the irony xD.

Yeah, while I don't dislike any of the fire fighting types as far as they go on design and all that, the fact we had them all as starters is kinda... bleh.

I am so hoping for Fire/Psychic on Fennekin, it could so happen to, but unfortunately nothings confirmed yet.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah that is a big hole.

Idk if they can gender code pokemon if I get what you mean, in that a pokemon is always a gender, i think all pokemon are set to randomly have a certain personality value, but idk i don't know alot about the code.

And apparently they're working on something new, so i suppose we'll see.

Well, they do that for some pokemon like Mothem and Chansey. If you mean gender esclusives, its true. Its not so hard. Gardievor is genderesclusive as well as Gallade. As for gender esclusive in the way as in Characters:Never. Wouldn't work.

• Brohoof 2

Well, they do that for some pokemon like Mothem and Chansey. If you mean gender esclusives, its true. Its not so hard. Gardievor is genderesclusive as well as Gallade. As for gender esclusive in the way as in Characters:Never. Wouldn't work.

Yeah true, I think we're more talking about Eevee having to be a certain gender, which they can't do because then your forced to have that certain eeveelution, and Eevee are mostly male as far as gender ratio.

I like the gender exclusives its a cool thing to have.(Gallade is one of my favorite pokemon btw :P.)

And for character genders, that would just be stupid, it would make it impossible to obtain certain pokemon on your own, that would be one method i'd find plain stupid, not innovative or anything.

I'm hoping that pokemon won't do that, because its just dumb.

• Brohoof 1

Gardevoir's not gender exclusive (unless something has changed in gen VI); there are both male and female gardevoir. Gallade is gender exclusive though and (off the top of my head) so is froslass.

I just don't want that to be the case for sylveon because eevee has the most skewed gender ratio ever. It would make getting a sylveon a major pain  :(

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah true, I think we're more talking about Eevee having to be a certain gender, which they can't do because then your forced to have that certain eeveelution, and Eevee are mostly male as far as gender ratio.

I like the gender exclusives its a cool thing to have.(Gallade is one of my favorite pokemon btw :P.)

And for character genders, that would just be stupid, it would make it impossible to obtain certain pokemon on your own, that would be one method i'd find plain stupid, not innovative or anything.

I'm hoping that pokemon won't do that, because its just dumb.

I think it wouldn't be so bad for gender esclusive eevees. I mean, you stll could get those eevees, you just need to find the right gender.
  • Brohoof 1

Gardevoir's not gender exclusive (unless something has changed in gen VI); there are both male and female gardevoir. Gallade is gender exclusive though and (off the top of my head) so is froslass.

I just don't want that to be the case for sylveon because eevee has the most skewed gender ration ever. It would make getting a sylveon a major pain  

Oh yeah, i forgot about that xD. My mind slipped, haven't used Gardevoir in the new gens really, used Gallade mostly, but yeah.

And Gallade needs to be male aswell as Froslass needing to be female.

I agree, if eevee was a wild pokemon i'd actually be fine, but its a gift pokemon, and thus its harder and a bigger hassle to get a certain gender of eevee, so i'd rather that not be the case.

Something tells me it won't be that, because 1, we already have that. and 2 because they said it'd be new i believe, gender exclusive evolution isn't new so i doubt that'll be it.

I think it wouldn't be so bad for gender esclusive eevees. I mean, you stll could get those eevees, you just need to find the right gender.

Well its just that in order to get a eevee female you need to be lucky, or breed a whole lot, or just reset your game alot before getting the gifted eevee, add to this the fact Eevee's gender ratio is 87.5% male to 12.5% female, and yeah its really annoy to get Sylveon.

Sure not impossible, just hard.

And again like i mentioned before it isn't new, which I think it'll be new so I doubt gender will have anything to do with the new Eeveelution.

• Brohoof 1

I just don't want that to be the case for sylveon because eevee has the most skewed gender ration ever. It would make getting a sylveon a major pain  :(

I just don't want that to be the case for sylveon because eevee has the most skewed gender ration ever. It would make getting a sylveon a major pain  :(

This sounds like a creepypasta getting ready to happen lol. I don't know, I just always thought gardevior was esclusive XD.

I could imagine you would horde them eevee eggs and try hatching each one to get that male/female eevee.

• Brohoof 2

This sounds like a creepypasta getting ready to happen lol. I don't know, I just always thought gardevior was esclusive XD.

I could imagine you would horde them eevee eggs and try hatching each one to get that male/female eevee.

There isnt anything creepy about it though o-o.

Although to be fair its weird that Gardveoir isn't gender exclusive, it seems like it should be, i mean its like really feminine xD.

I guess its not impossible to be gender exclusive, but eh I don't think it'll be gender exclusive for Sylveon, especially if they said it would be a new method.

There isnt anything creepy about it though o-o.

Although to be fair its weird that Gardveoir isn't gender exclusive, it seems like it should be, i mean its like really feminine xD.

I guess its not impossible to be gender exclusive, but eh I don't think it'll be gender exclusive for Sylveon, especially if they said it would be a new method.

I can see a creepypasta being made out of eevee breeding. I can just imagine them eevee creepypastas that'll be made. XD

I was hoping they will be not as gift pokemon, but wild like in Black/White.

• Brohoof 1

I agree, if eevee was a wild pokemon i'd actually be fine, but its a gift pokemon, and thus its harder and a bigger hassle to get a certain gender of eevee, so i'd rather that not be the case.

I'd actually be more okay with this the other way around. If eevee comes as a gift then I can get my first sylveon relatively easy by just dealing with that 12.5% chance much quicker reseting, breeding would still be painfully slow though. If we go with catching eevee, assuming they are just as rare as before (5% encounter IIRC), you're looking at a 0.65% chance of encountering a female eevee and breeding still takes just as long as before  -_-

Of course this is hypothetical since I already have a female eevee. As long as I can transfer her, I'll be fine.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 1