Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

so now that the mega cat is out of the bag, who else do you think will get mega forms? from the looks of the ones revealed, its all either single stage pokemon or fully evolved pokemon.

personally I think that honedge will have a mega as well, though that may just be wishful thinking

So far I haven't been one of the people to speculate that there will be more mega evolutions but who knows. Maybe every Pokemon will get a mega evolution XD

And I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people who's favorite Pokemon is Ampharos :P

Edited by Ampharos
  • Brohoof 1

@@Zygen: Usually there is almost always a way to get old Pokemon into the newer games one way or another. I doubt (or I hope) that they wouldn't leave out old Pokemon. 

Yeah i highly doubt they're leaving out transfer, whether it'll appear during the game without the national pokedex and trading, idk.

Pokemon is Turning into Digimon With This Mega Evolution Shit *Pokerface*

I'm Not liking it, It's a good idea, but why Mega Evolution? Just sounds horrible...

And Why Blaziken? He already has a High Enough Base Total No Need to raise it? Want another OP/OU Pokemon? Really -_-

Eh, well its temporary, and according to seribii it needs a hold item and a usuable item to transform in battle, which means it might not even work competitively.

I refuse to dislike pokemon, call me a fanboy, but i love it to much.

I don't even mind the mega evolutions stuff frankly, or all the new pokemon.

Oh you have togekiss? Teach it air slash, and nasty plot and you should be able to manage. The only real problem should be pikachu it's attacks suck besides volt tackle so let donphan take care of it. Either give togekiss leftovers or kings rock. Use hyper potions if you need to. 60% chance to flinch with air slash and serene grace ability, 70% with kings rock, reds pokemon are all slow besides pikachu so you can outspeed if you get togekiss to level 65 or so, just let togekiss hog most of the experience with exp share. Simple.

Alright, i'll see what i can do. Thanks for the tips.

so now that the mega cat is out of the bag, who else do you think will get mega forms? from the looks of the ones revealed, its all either single stage pokemon or fully evolved pokemon.

personally I think that honedge will have a mega as well, though that may just be wishful thinking

Who knows frankly, i'm thinking all the starters will get one, and then who knows.

All of the pokemon won't get it, because thats way to much models and stuff, but the starters and maybe a few more probably will.

I just level grinned to like level 20 when i learned slam and finally beat him with some luck :P.

Whittney can be frusterating if she gets that roll out sweep setup :/. especially if your lacking anything strong vs it.

Dunno, they may make it harder, who knows, i dunno if they intentionally make any starter hard, more they design the game and realize there is always three starter types.

I dunno if there will be another yellow pokemon game, yellow was a cool idea though.

I wouldn't mind a remake of it, or even doing something similar, but you know, i can't be the only one wanting an (Official) game based off the orange islands, i know we have ROM's that are based off it, but it would be cool to have an official game like that.

Also an Emerald remake on DS is long overdue in my eyes :P.

I dunno, frankly i'll play any pokemon game i feel like playing and any pokemon game game freak releases basically, i'm hooked on pokemon, call me a fanboy, but i love all of their stuff, almost just because its freaking pokemon, of course they do have a tendancy to make pretty awesome games regardless, but the fact i've liked pokemon for so long keeps me entertained by it in a special way i guess.

Maybe i'm just easy to please :P.

I'm not sure that gamefreak is completely playing favorites with who get mega forms. I'm not entirely sure about how popular mawile, absol and ampharos are.

also, since the special torchic comes with something called blazikennite it might be that making a mega form for every starter includes making a unique item for all of them.

there's a good chance that those who do get a mega do so because it ties in with some story element. the article explains that you have to beat a particular gym leader to find out about the secrets of mega forms

Ampharos is pretty loved and so is Absol and Lucario. In fact, the only reason why they probably gave absol a form probably was just out of fanrequests. They repeated kept asking "I WANT A FREAKING ABSOL EVOLUTION." Mawile and Absol definitely are fan requests due to the fact they had low stats and they really wanted to make them better. (Mawile's are horrible) Though, its possible Blazikin is also playing favorites...

I actually don't think they'll do another remake for a while, not until Pokemon X and Y grow more popular. I wouln't mind seeing any of the remakes for Hoenn, but they might make remakes of remakes instead. (Kanto, then Hoenn) Soon they have to because Kanto can't be played unless you have a DS system (which many don't have as much compared to its newer forms)  or emulate it. We have a bigger chance of getting another side game series like another Pokemon Ranger game or something. (Which isn't bad. I wouldn't mind seeing another game like Conquest or a game that's more mature like the comic forms of Pokemon)

Some confirmations of Mega evolutions

First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay.It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle.

It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
It also confirms stat increases, stating that MegaLucario's Attack is higher. MegaAbsol has increased Attack & Speed.

We also can confirm that Meekuru has the ability Sap Sipper. Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. This is what EVs are commonly called in Japan.

So it seems like what i expected it to be. Not very common and very likely connected to several events. The whole feature adds another layer of collecting but screws balance a bit over. Due to not being obtainable through normal gameplay, it will be unfair for those who have no access to them, so as long as they let players disable mega evos in certain battles (online for example) i'm fine with it.

• Brohoof 5

Knowing the Mega Evolutions are only going to be caused by Stones and such makes the idea a bit better in my mind, because well, they can't be very popular in Wi-fi Battles Because well, Lets say a Blaziken with an Evolite could destroy a MegaBlaziken lets say.

They will have their downfalls which will make them less OU and Less OP Which I like. :3

Edited by Last Resort
  • Brohoof 1

So they have to hold the mega stone item just like I thought. Maybe the lack of your general hold items (leftovers, eviolite, life orb, etc) will cover for their increased capabilities; I think that's what they were going for and that's what I would like to see happen. 

Some confirmations of Mega evolutions

So it seems like what i expected it to be. Not very common and very likely connected to several events. The whole feature adds another layer of collecting but screws balance a bit over. Due to not being obtainable through normal gameplay, it will be unfair for those who have no access to them, so as long as they let players disable mega evos in certain battles (online for example) i'm fine with it.

You know how Game Freak is. Still, I'm not too worried about running into them online as long as they're balanced. I'm more bothered by the thought that I might not be able to get my hands on mega mawile (legitimately). It feels no different than the deal with event pokemon to me, honestly.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

I just sincerely hope that there's more mega evolutions, and ones that make more sense. The ones released seem extremely random and picked because if popularity (except maybe Mawile). Of course they can't reveal everything now, but I still feel that they could have done a bit of a better job with introducing them to us. Giving us a "They're more powerful than before!" and images of already powerful Pokemon doesn't help much, and just leaves people like me more skeptical. We'll have to see how it plays out, either through more information being released or from just playing through the game.

And I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people who's favorite Pokemon is Ampharos :P

megaabsol.jpgWIIIIINGS

Besides Alicorn Princess Absol (seriously, everything I love grows wings), I like Ampharos the most. Electric/Dragon AND he has that beautiful flowing mane~

it'll be available to all pokemon(Pretty unlikely, doing like 600+ new models is pretty difficult.. not to mention coding the pokemon.) 

Well, they had to do 600+ models and completely revamp all the Pokemon already for the 3D battling, so I don't think drawing another set of them up would be /that/ incredibly challenging. I really hope it's not just a select few and if it is, there better be some good reasoning behind it. All starters better get them, too. (I want MEGASWAMPERT, the fire chicken is already powerful enough).

• Brohoof 3

I just sincerely hope that there's more mega evolutions, and ones that make more sense. The ones released seem extremely random and picked because if popularity (except maybe Mawile). Of course they can't reveal everything now, but I still feel that they could have done a bit of a better job with introducing them to us.

Next month's Corocoro will feature more mega evos and more new pokemon. Hopefully some explanation too.

Also, look another video

• Brohoof 4

AND he has that beautiful flowing man

cjfr.jpg

So more info has been released right?

Yea so apparently not every pokemon is going to get a mega evolution BUT there will be some more in net months CoroCoro.

So my question is who do you think will get a mega evolution next month?

And wait you can ride Skiddo? How the hell does that work? I didn't think it was that big... 

• Brohoof 3

And wait you can ride Skiddo? How the hell does that work? I didn't think it was that big... 

You can ALSO ride Gogoat :D

Some other Pokemon also have this benefit, but I can't remember which ones offhand.

The current selection is so random, I don't even know if it's possible to speculate yet. 

• Brohoof 1

img-1732964-1-cjfr.jpg

So more info has been released right?

Yea so apparently not every pokemon is going to get a mega evolution BUT there will be some more in net months CoroCoro.

There are way too many things in pokemon that make no sense and riding Skiddo is the one people see the most? Strange. I keep wondering why Pikachu can fly but Butterfree can't learn fly....(if you get the pikachus from Yellow Forest)

How does a fire type like Charizard or Quilava become frozen? Odd isn't it?

Ground/Rock types can learn Surf.  How does Pikachu learn surf? 

How come Gyrados cant learn a single flying type move but its a flying type? 

HOLY SHIT I MIGHT BE KILLING MY SPOINK.

If its heart pumps by bouncing...

what if it got paralyzed or in a pokeball? How does it sleep?

• Brohoof 2

Next month's Corocoro will feature more mega evos and more new pokemon. Hopefully some explanation too.

Also, look another video

Looks pretty cool, i like the designs, and the new information that basically says its going to be an event type of thing, and only available via special items or something is cool, personally i think that most of its appeal will be for me just collecting it(Because i love collecting pokemon, although events are annoying for the most part)

I can't see them being that balanced in battle, but if they're banned in competitive play or unusable or something online, then i'm fine with it. Then on single player players can decide whether they feel like using it or not.

Besides, if it requires a held item and a usable item then i don't think online battles would allow it to work anyways(Unless you count wonder launcher, which i'm not sure if that even works with that type of stuff.)

So yeah, if its not available in online play, or theres atleast an option to not use them online, then i'm cool with them.

Its not like i play online that much to be honest anyways :P.

There are way too many things in pokemon that make no sense and riding Skiddo is the one people see the most? Strange. I keep wondering why Pikachu can fly but Butterfree can't learn fly....(if you get the pikachus from Yellow Forest)

How does a fire type like Charizard or Quilava become frozen? Odd isn't it?

Ground/Rock types can learn Surf.  How does Pikachu learn surf? 

How come Gyrados cant learn a single flying type move but its a flying type? 

HOLY SHIT I MIGHT BE KILLING MY SPOINK.

If its heart pumps by bouncing...

what if it got paralyzed or in a pokeball? How does it sleep?

Wait, pikachu can learn fly o-o?

I need me one of those, sounds collectible :D.

I knew about the surfing one, i got it in battle revolution one time, and once in pokemon stadium. Gotta get it again to add to my collection though.

I think gyradose is only half flying for balance purposes :P.

Spoink is a strange one xD.

The world may never know...

You can ALSO ride Gogoat

Oh well I knew that I just meant Skiddo in particular. He seems pretty small... Ah well.

And you're right about all that wierd stuff EXCEPT that Gyarados can learn Bounce, which I believe is a flying move. 

• Brohoof 2

Gah, I'm so sorry for not updating the main post guys.  :blush: I'll be sure to post the latest news when I have the time.

But anyway, man those mega-evolutions are looking cool! The only thing I'm worried about is that these Pokemon will become even more powerful, which could make them banned Pokemon. I'll enjoy getting a Torchic, though!  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Oh well I knew that I just meant Skiddo in particular. He seems pretty small... Ah well.

And you're right about all that wierd stuff EXCEPT that Gyarados can learn Bounce, which I believe is a flying move. 

From the move tutor ONLY if you had it has a magikarp first in Gen 4 or 5 onward. Otherwise: You can't learn bounce. Of course, I never would take the time to raise it to a gyrados...

Looks pretty cool, i like the designs, and the new information that basically says its going to be an event type of thing, and only available via special items or something is cool, personally i think that most of its appeal will be for me just collecting it(Because i love collecting pokemon, although events are annoying for the most part)

I can't see them being that balanced in battle, but if they're banned in competitive play or unusable or something online, then i'm fine with it. Then on single player players can decide whether they feel like using it or not.

Besides, if it requires a held item and a usable item then i don't think online battles would allow it to work anyways(Unless you count wonder launcher, which i'm not sure if that even works with that type of stuff.)

So yeah, if its not available in online play, or theres atleast an option to not use them online, then i'm cool with them.

Its not like i play online that much to be honest anyways :P.

Wait, pikachu can learn fly o-o?

I need me one of those, sounds collectible :D.

I knew about the surfing one, i got it in battle revolution one time, and once in pokemon stadium. Gotta get it again to add to my collection though.

I think gyradose is only half flying for balance purposes :P.

Spoink is a strange one xD.

The world may never know...

Its found in Yellow Forest and when you caught it, it had already learned fly. How does a pikachu fly? O.o How you you ride said flying pikachu?

Same is said for surfing. I think you also get one if you trade with Lt.Surge. 

Only if you want it to be beaten by electric x4

Spoink, you should have died a while ago!!!

(Whooper can learn moves that require arms and hands. How?)

Edited by Scootadress
  • Brohoof 1

@@BrainyBrony,

Well according to what's been going on, they will only be in battle things. And when it happens they will get a stat boost, like MegaAbsol gets a boost in speed and attack I think. But you need an item, for Blaziken it's blazikenite, and for Lucario it's lucarionite. Those are the only confirmed ones, but the rest will probably be similar.

• Brohoof 2

Gah, I'm so sorry for not updating the main post guys.  :blush: I'll be sure to post the latest news when I have the time.

But anyway, man those mega-evolutions are looking cool! The only thing I'm worried about is that these Pokemon will become even more powerful, which could make them banned Pokemon. I'll enjoy getting a Torchic, though!  ;)

Its ok don't worry about it :). we've had our discussions and news put here throughout the thread anyways :P.

And yeah, they do become more powerful, but i think they'll be unusable, or hopefully unusable in competitive play, so it'll be more of a novelty or collectors item then anything.

• Brohoof 1

But anyway, man those mega-evolutions are looking cool! The only thing I'm worried about is that these Pokemon will become even more powerful, which could make them banned Pokemon.

From what I've heard about MegaLucario it seems like it's gonna be banned for sure. MegaBlaziken gets Speed Boost I believe and regular Blazken is already banned if it has that ability.

MegaMawile is gonna make an excellent dragon slayer though from what I've heard. Looking forward to that.

Its found in Yellow Forest and when you caught it, it had already learned fly. How does a pikachu fly? O.o How you you ride said flying pikachu?

Same is said for surfing. I think you also get one if you trade with Lt.Surge. 

Pikachu flies using ballons pikachu_balloons_by_paperk-d3blkv7.jpg and surfs by using a surfboard 6.png

• Brohoof 1

From what I've heard about MegaLucario it seems like it's gonna be banned for sure. MegaBlaziken gets Speed Boost I believe and regular Blazken is already banned if it has that ability.

MegaMawile is gonna make an excellent dragon slayer though from what I've heard. Looking forward to that.

Pikachu flies using ballons pikachu_balloons_by_paperk-d3blkv7.jpg and surfs by using a surfboard 6.png

Yeah, thats assuming that the fact they need hold items and usable items will still allow them to be used in online play.

I have this feeling they'll be banned, or restricted to some mode, or maybe there will be a new tier for mega pokemon :P.

Yeah, thats assuming that the fact they need hold items and usable items will still allow them to be used in online play.

I have this feeling they'll be banned, or restricted to some mode, or maybe there will be a new tier for mega pokemon :P.

the mega tier might just be a lateral move for most of the pokemon =P

I doubt you'd see the mega forms much in competitive battling since it does take the item slot /=| does make me wonder how people will make it work

• Brohoof 1

FARFETCH'D. Please, Farfetch'd! The poor guy has been laughed at since gen 1 despite his somewhat cool design, he deserves some kind of attention :(

It has balloons tied to its back.

180px-FlyingPikachuWizardsPromo25.jpg

I guess you kind of grip onto Pikachu's leg and let the helium do its work... yay physics?...

• Brohoof 1

Pikachu flies using ballons img-1733449-1-pikachu_balloons_by_paperk and surfs by using a surfboard img-1733449-2-6.png

FARFETCH'D. Please, Farfetch'd! The poor guy has been laughed at since gen 1 despite his somewhat cool design, he deserves some kind of attention :(

It has balloons tied to its back.

180px-FlyingPikachuWizardsPromo25.jpg

I guess you kind of grip onto Pikachu's leg and let the helium do its work... yay physics?...

With that, I'm worried that I would, ya know, die by falling. I can't imagine it. I would be scared if I had to ride or fly through the land on a pikachu.

• Brohoof 1

the mega tier might just be a lateral move for most of the pokemon =Pike stealth

I doubt you'd see the mega forms much in competitive battling since it does take the item slot /=| does make me wonder how people will make it work

Won't see it in competitive? Essentially what would the costs be? Lets take mawile for example, most offensive mawile run swords dance mawile normally uses life orb with it as well, with the mega stone you'll be getting twice as much physical damage just from the ability so just from there you free up a move slot that takes a turn to use when the mega stone does the exact same thing as swords dance for free, and that's not factoring the stat boosts it will get as well. Life orb also gives 30% extra damage with losing health every attack. So I don't know about you but I'd prefer 100% more physical damage then 30% and a life cripple.

Won't see it in competitive? Essentially what would the costs be? Lets take mawile for example, most offensive mawile run swords dance mawile normally uses life orb with it as well, with the mega stone you'll be getting twice as much physical damage just from the ability so just from there you free up a move slot that takes a turn to use when the mega stone does the exact same thing as swords dance for free, and that's not factoring the stat boosts it will get as well. Life orb also gives 30% extra damage with losing health every attack. So I don't know about you but I'd prefer 100% more physical damage then 30% and a life cripple.

ah. well when you put it that way then that's the better option =P

so the mega stone gives +100% attack? interesting

hmm, have they shown how to trigger mega forms? /=|

I don't think there'll be enough MegaPokemon to justify making a new tier. Plus they're all at different levels, I mean MegaMawile sounds good, but there's no way it'll match up to MegaMewtwo. I think they'll just be banned if they're too good. And so far I'm betting on MegaLucario and MegaBlaziken getting banned really fast.

ah. well when you put it that way then that's the better option =P

so the mega stone gives +100% attack? interesting

hmm, have they shown how to trigger mega forms? /=|

It doesn't give a 100% attack power boost. It just that Mawile gets the ability Huge Power in that form which doubles its attack in battle. The MegaMons do get stat boosts though.

Edited by Jalaton
  • Brohoof 1