Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

(edited)

Here it is, the Pokemon X and Y discussion thread! 

img-1583366-1-pokemon-xandy-logo.png

Many people have been wondering about the new games and this

is the place to discuss them!

Check out this link for the Pokemon X and Y official site:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

Need some videos to satisfy your Poke-needs? Here's the first trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfclgYT7h-A

And the second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmywDbnC5oc

Third:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2ZZb88gRw

Fourth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4qPSRgdI1s

Fifth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJOPnT8dutc

And up next is a sixth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

That's all of the trailers we have for now.

Release date: October 12th 2013, worldwide!

Check out the official site to stay up to date and discuss the latest news here!

Latest news:

Mega evolutions are here! Mega evolutions are a special form of Pokemon that can be activated during battle. It will allow certain Pokemon to become even more powerful to make for even bigger and better battles! It has also been said that mega evolved Pokemon change abilities and even types!

The current list of Pokemon with mega evolutions is:

Mawile

Lucario

Mewtwo

Absol

Ampharos

But, to transform into Mega form, Pokemon will need to hold a Mega Stone! Take Lucario for example. Before a battle begins, their trainer will need to equip them with Lucarionite, a special type of Mega Stone that will only work on Lucario. Aparently, there are more conditions that may need to be completed for a Mega Evolution to take place, but no one knows just yet.

There is also a new way to help your Pokemon grow, Super Training! Super Training is a mini-game type feature that allows your Pokemon to effectively train themselves! Now, because I'm far to lazy to spend ages attempting to explain this, I'll just give you the link to the official Pokemon X and Y website for a quicker look:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/super_training/

New gym leader! Korrina's gym looks to be some kind of roller skate obstacle course, with the gym leader herself donning a pair. The type of Pokemon that this gym leader deals with isn't exactly known, but I'm guessing at either Fighting type or Flying type. This leader also seems to know some facts about Mega evolution.

HOLD ON A MINUTE!

Sorry about that, but I just found out that, starting from October 12th (The games' launch date) players can receive a free level 10 Torchic! With a special ability, Speed Boost! This ability allows Torchic's speed stat to raise every time a turn ends, making them incredible speedy later on. This Torchic will be holding Blazikenite, the Mega Stone needed for Blaziken to reach it's Mega form. The Torchic's starting moves will be:

1) Scratch

2) Growl

3) Focus Energy

4) Ember

This special Torchic will be available to download via the Nintendo Network, don't miss out on this opportunity! 

That's it for now, Trainers. Stay posted!

Edited by BrainyBrony
  • Brohoof 16

I hope I will be able to burrow my brother's 3Ds too

Or, you could buy your own 3DS! laugh.png Yeah, some people are going to be missing the sprites, but I think that the series is in need of a good change. 

I kinda love how they mess up the whole balance by introducing a new type. That was about time, damn it! I just hope it won't be overpowered...

I must admit, when I saw the Fairy type announcement I was a bit blink.png. Although, it will make Dragon types a bit easier to take down. I don't like that they've slapped the type onto some of some older Pokemon, though.

• Brohoof 1

I'm really excited for gen 6. It looks like they're going to be introducing a lot of cool features. So far the new pokemon look pretty good. I'm anticipating October 12th. 

I'm expecting a lot of sleepless nights as I think about the games... The new Pokemon-Amie feature reminds me a bit of Nintendogs, but I'm fine with that. I'm sure that I'll enjoy treating my Pokemon as companions, not just machines of war. happy.png

• Brohoof 3

I'm expecting a lot of sleepless nights as I think about the games... The new Pokemon-Amie feature reminds me a bit of Nintendogs, but I'm fine with that. I'm sure that I'll enjoy treating my Pokemon as companions, not just machines of war. happy.png

Yeah, Pokemon-Amie looks pretty cool. Playing with them looks like it could be a lot of fun. I'm kind of curious to see how it is going work. 

(edited)

Yeah, Pokemon-Amie looks pretty cool. Playing with them looks like it could be a lot of fun. I'm kind of curious to see how it is going work. 

Man, I'd love it if you could play little mini-games with them, that'd be so fun! I'm planning on upgrading to a 3DS XL so my Pokemon can shine in all of their glory! img-1583438-1-wink.png

Edited by BrainyBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure whether I like fairy types or not. I mean, it makes sense, I guess. It makes me think of the old adage, 

Fairy tales tell us not only that dragons are real; they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

and I approve very much. But still... It seems rather an odd choice. I'd have been happy with a light type instead. I mean... I just have mixed feelings about it, I guess.

And I hope Litleo evolves into a manticore pokemon. We need one of those.

• Brohoof 2

I must admit, when I saw the Fairy type announcement I was a bit img-1583403-1-blink.png. Although, it will make Dragon types a bit easier to take down. I don't like that they've slapped the type onto some of some older Pokemon, though.

But you gotta say. For some of the old pokemons it really fits with the type, like for Clefairy and Jigglypuff.

And with Gardevoir being one of my fav pokemons that now will be kick-ass against dragons, I won't complain :P 

• Brohoof 2

I am totally pumped for this, I can't wait.

The only thing I really can say that I might be slightly concerned with is balancing fairy type properly, but I guess dragons do have a somewhat small weakness zone. Idk hopefully it'll work regardless. 

But everything looks promising so far. I love pokemon and this is no exception. I think I'll probably be getting Fennikin, normally i'm a grass type kinda guy, getting grass types in basically the majority of my pokemon games, but I don't really like Chespin as much as Fennikin right now.

I think this game could be awesome if they keep going in the direction they have with black and white and black and white 2. Honestly I haven't finished black and white to, but I'm working on it, been playing alot of other pokemon games and finishing them aswell.

Also its about time they have customization, I enjoy customization and I was wondering when we'd get it, I wonder how much there will be exactly.

I think that while the little sprity looking games will be missed, the 3D is looking awesome.

I also am hoping that pokemon Amie will be good, I really enjoy feeling like I can actually bond with my pokemon, its one reason i enjoyed HG and SS. I kinda wish they didn't take the feature with your pokemon following you out, I enjoyed that kinda.

Oh well, regardless I'm liking this game, the only issue with me getting it will be that I might not have a 3ds by the time its out, I have to still buy a new computer, but I guess I'll have to see.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
And I hope Litleo evolves into a manticore pokemon. We need one of those.

I would support that! I mean, a Manticore is pretty much a perfect Pokemon design!

But you gotta say. For some of the old pokemons it really fits with the type, like for Clefairy and Jigglypuff.

And with Gardevoir being one of my fav pokemons that now will be kick-ass against dragons, I won't complain tongue.png

Gardevoir is pretty cool! I'm just laughing at the fact that a Jigglypuff might actually be able to KO a Dragon! laugh.png

Edited by BrainyBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I only recently got back into Pokemon again, but I'm glad it happened. Unfortunately I'm going to have to buy a 3DS (which is unlikely) in order to play it...

Fennekin reminds me of my hometown in Hoenn (I started with Sapphire), so I will be choosing him/her.

Man, I'd love it if you could play little mini-games with them, that'd be so fun! I'm planning on upgrading to a 3DS XL so my Pokemon can shine in all of their glory! img-1583438-1-wink.png

Oh man, mini games would be so much fun. Pokemon has good a track record with those, so it would be cool to see what they come up with. I bet they could top Nintendogs. =P

• Brohoof 1

I only recently got back into Pokemon again, but I'm glad it happened. Unfortunately I'm going to have to buy a 3DS (which is unlikely) in order to play it...

Fennekin reminds me of my hometown in Hoenn (I started with Sapphire), so I will be choosing him/her.

I highly recommend a 3DS. I have all kinds of games for it and they're all great! I think I'll be picking Chespin, but I like all of the starters! wink.png

Oh man, mini games would be so much fun. Pokemon has good a track record with those, so it would be cool to see what they come up with. I bet they could top Nintendogs. =P

I bet! It would be cool to buy different toys (In game) or something to use with your Pokemon.

post-16231-0-18300500-1371933749_thumb.png

This pokemon right here. I can see it becoming one of my favorites. This crustacean will be the bane of all my opponents. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png  I'm definitely catching this one the first chance I get.

As for the new type. It will be interesting to see how Fairy plays out. I'm really hyped for this game. yay.png

• Brohoof 1

Something tells me that this one here might be the new Pidgeot/Staraptor/Unfezant.

I know, maybe not the same Exp-group in the end... 

But it has fire and flying! Two of my favorite types! And the design! Awesome!

I know, that Pokemon looks great! I'm definitely catching a Fletchling so I can evolve it into one of them. If you ask me, all of the new Pokemon are looking great, they all have great designs!

Yea so about the fairy types.

lGhSWAK.png

So aperantly they're super effective against both Dragon and Dark, that's going to create some problems for me and my Dragonite/Tyrannitar/Salamence/Garchomp/etc. team. Frickin' Game Freak. 

• Brohoof 3

Yea so about the fairy types.

img-1584189-1-lGhSWAK.png

So aperantly they're super effective against both Dragon and Dark, that's going to create some problems for me and my Dragonite/Tyrannitar/Salamence/Garchomp/etc. team. Frickin' Game Freak.

I guess Nintendo is trying to prove that Dragon types are not as formidable as they seem. The Fairy type does look interesting, though. I'm willing to bet that Xerneas, the legendary from X, is going to be Fairy type.

Yeah Fairy..... sounds cute... but will kick more asses than 6 legged man, on acid, at a huge ass competition.

Dragons BEWARE!!!

Also: Dark-Ghost is no longer a perfect typing. :) gonna love it.

The anticipation I have for these two games are out of this world... I still don't know too much about these pokemon games aside from the fact that a friend of mine told me about them months ago. But I am so so eager for these games to release soon enough. 

• Brohoof 2