Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rest In Peace Kiki

Sir.Flutter Hooves

(edited)

Sad news today,

A close friend of Tara Strong, a 7 year old who had a brain tumor died today. Here is Tara's tweet:https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/343120022643818497

I'm telling you guys this, in case you would want to contact Tara via Twitter and give her you condolences. The bronies raised so much money for her cause, I just think we should say sorry to Mrs. Strong.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 33

All my best to Kiki, her parents, Tara, and any other friends she had. Perhaps we were chasing false hope, but it's better than having no hope at all.

Her charity brought together so many talented artists to donate their works for her future, and so many caring bronies in general to help fund her treatments. Before I had even joined this fandom, she was bringing it even closer than we ever were.

Thank you, Kiki. In your short time on this Earth, you have touched more hearts than most of us could ever hope to.

• Brohoof 7

Ah yes, Best wishes to Kiki her entire family Like Tara Strong said, "Not everyone can be saved, but everyone can feel loved." We bronies stand united to make sure she moves on happily from this Earth.

• Brohoof 5

She said she sang to Kiki as her heart stopped, which is amazing of her. I feel bad about the loss and this doesn't usually happen but my eyes are tearing up, even though I don't know Tara or Kiki  personally.

Wow, that's...wow. Definitely put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye, too. :'(

Even if she couldn't save her, at least she let her go in a peaceful way, and comforted her as she left this world, like a true friend should.

• Brohoof 4

Thinking about Tara singing to Kiki's last moments is just heart-stopping. I feel so terrible hearing about her loss, I hope she'll be okay. Kiki's in a better place now, and she left everyone with memories that we'll never forget.

• Brohoof 5

Sigh.. why do these things happen? It's really sad hearing about someone passing away at such a young age. I'm touched to hear that Tara Strong was there for Kiki until the very end. It goes to show that there really is compassion in this world. Rest in peace.

• Brohoof 4

@@Sir.Flutter Hooves, I appreciate you letting us know this news.  It's sad to hear it, but I'm glad to know.

Man, something like this really pulls you back to reality...   Kiki had a damn good run though.  She was so blessed to have a friend like Tara, who not only stood strong beside her right up to her final moments, but literally sung her to them.  If I could be even half of the friend to someone else as Tara was to Kiki I would consider my life complete and could die with no regrets.

• Brohoof 2

A few tears fall when I think about this... Tara and Kiki fought so hard. And when I picture the scene in my mind... Kiki laying, Tara singing, everybody crying, I can't help feel empathy. What pain and sorrow everyone must have felt. I imagine Tara singing to Kiki while struggling to hold back her sobs. And when Kiki passed, I see everyone weeping. It's a heartbreaking scene, and not one I like to imagine, but thinking of it like this also allows me to think that Kiki felt loved. And my god, was she ever. I hope she felt safe in Tara's company.

RIP Kiki. It's dreadful to wake up and have you not here.

• Brohoof 3

Very sad, indeed :( I never donated or participated very much in Tara's incredible drive to help take care of Kiki, but I always saw her talking about her in panels, and everyone getting emotional when someone would give Tara an art piece, a wood carving or something else to commemorate her and her dedication to things like this for children. Tara's truly got a fantastic heart, and I never forget how fortunate and lucky we are to have her as one of the cornerstones for not only our show's cast, but as a very prominent, and active figure in our fanbase.

Rest in Peace, Kiki.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

It's just astonishing that some children are unfortunate enough that they do not live very long to get to have so many experiences in their lifetimes. Though, it is good to know she passed in a non-violent, peaceful way, and nothing too harsh. It's also good to know that she's in a better place now, and that her friends and family will be seeing her once again in the future.

And, as for Tara, when I first heard she did that, my eyes watered up. I feel so sorry for her loss, she and the brony community went to great lengths to support Kiki's recovery. Tara is a blessed human being with an undeniably massive heart. Much kudos to her and dealing with the situation. My condolences go to her and Kiki's family. It's truly saddening when things happen like this, but the most we can do is wish for the best for the families and move on.

Rest in peace, Kiki. Your willing to always continue on will always be remembered.

Edited by NASCARFAN <3 Twi
  • Brohoof 4

I really do feel for Tara and Kiki. No one should have to experience the loss of life and I'm happy that Kiki had friends and family around including Tara during her most difficult times. Tara strong lived up not to just her values but also those that the show tries to teach everyone. There really was magic through the friendship Tara had with Kiki.

I hope Kiki and her family and friends will find peace now.

• Brohoof 2

I feel that when a young person dies at a young age when they aren't able to see the rest of their life but it ends tragicly. We were able to raise the money, but at least we contributed to helping the cause. May the wishes and condolences go out to Tara Strong and Kiki's family, because it is the least we can do.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well... I did some more digging, turns out Kiki was under constant treatment from various alternative treatments, and one of them, and the one people said was used quite majorly, was homeopathy. It's kind of saddening that people still use that kind of stuff in this modern age. I hope that those charity funds didn't get wasted on those alternative treatments that do nothing but placebo effect.

My condolences to her friends and relatives. May the angels sing their lullabies to you in heaven up there, Kiki

R7r4Np1.png

Edited by Starshine

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so I don't know if you've been following this, but little Kiki Havivy's died.

A little blunt I know, but it's certainly very sad for all those involved. I'm sure Tara Strong tweeted something especially 'feelsome' about it.

Any thoughts/memories of Kiki or the fundraising that anyone would like to share? Feel free to post them here.

Yeah, so I don't know if you've been following this, but little Kiki Havivy's died.

A little blunt I know, but it's certainly very sad for all those involved. I'm sure Tara Strong tweeted something especially 'feelsome' about it.

Any thoughts/memories of Kiki or the fundraising that anyone would like to share? Feel free to post them here.

Hey there. The topic that you made already existed, so I merged the two threads together. In the future, please use the search function to check if a thread already exists. 

• Brohoof 2

Tara Strong sang to her as her heart stopped? God, Tara must be so strong if she could do that. If I'd be in a situation like that, my voice would just break...

And Kiki was close to Tara, if I remember correctly - she even mentioned her in the Brony documentary.

May she rest in peace. :/

• Brohoof 2

Wow I didn't hear about this until today?

You know what makes me feel even worse is I didn't even know Kiki. 

I feel like kinda a jerk.

Regardless Tara did a beautiful thing by singing to her as her heart stops, how she could do that I don't even know...

It must be hard for Tara to lose her though, My prayers go out to Tara, Kiki, and her family.

Rest in Peace.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Heard about this about just a week ago.  Never followed it much myself nor donated to it like many others, but it's a terribly sad bit of news.  I know that Tara always talked about Kiki at conventions and helped raise so much awareness and so many donations for her from among the brony community.  Her passing is terribly sad, but we should take joy in knowing that she was loved, cared for, or at the very least supported financially, morally, and spiritually by her family, Tara, and so many other bronies out there.  Her story for bronies does not legitimize our fandom or anything so pragmatic; it simply shows the goodness that is in the hearts of so many people who were brought together originally by their common love for a show and were brought together again to extend all the love and goodness in their hearts in a common cause for this little girl.

Rest in peace Kiki.  You were and are still loved by many here on earth, and I pray that you are now being held in the loving arms of God and know the only thing possibly better than all the love you were shown here on earth, that is, His perfect, bountiful, everlasting, and boundless love, joy, and peace in His kingdom in heaven.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1