music Your thoughts of Miley's new image and direction

Motion Spark

(edited)

woah! blink.png

"doubt" is key word in your statement, implying that you're not certain that she is in fact, fan of the band. But anyways, she can wear any shirt she wants because she wants, what you're saying is out of context

Out of context? Ask any metal fan if it's okay to wear the shirt of a band that you hardly listen to and then tell me what their answer is. Either way it's disrespectful to wear a band shirt as a fashion statement. Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 2

Out of context? Ask any metal fan if it's okay to wear the shirt of a band that you hardly listen to and then tell me what their answer is. Either way it's disrespectful to wear a band shirt as a fashion statement.

of course, look at your member title...

look buddy, if I paid money to buy an iron maden shirt even if I don't care about their music. If I paid money because the shirt looked good on me, I can wear it because I can! because it's mine.

do I have to get permission from the iron madden's fan club to wear the shirt that I paid with my money? on top of that you're assuring that she's wearing it like she was on a red carpet, just because she's a celebrity, you might be surprised in her taste in music.

If someone were to tell me that Miley was the Hannah Montana i wouldnt believe them. I mean she has good music i especially like "We can't stop" but i only listen to the audio version because the music video is too disturbing. She doesnt have to act like a big sl*t. Im not hating and she could do whatever she wants but i dont think this is the right direction.

yeah... the video was... I don't even know what to say, was really weird, disturbing, random, I can't say that I didn't like it, but it's one of those videos that left a question mark on your head, but you still watch it.

of course, look at your member title...

look buddy, if I paid money to buy an iron maden shirt even if I don't care about their music. If I paid money because the shirt looked good on me, I can wear it because I can! because it's mine.

do I have to get permission from the iron madden's fan club to wear the shirt that I paid with my money? on top of that you're assuring that she's wearing it like she was on a red carpet, just because she's a celebrity, you might be surprised in her taste in music.

yeah... the video was... I don't even know what to say, was really weird, disturbing, random, I can't say that I didn't like it, but it's one of those videos that left a question mark on your head, but you still watch it.

I understand that you're not part of the metal community, but I'll try explaining it to you.

Wearing a band shirt of a band that you don't listen to is very frowned upon. First of all, it shows that you are not a fan of that band. In other words, it makes you a hypocrite. Second, it's always a matter of substance over style, you don't even need a band shirt to call yourself a fan of a certain band. If you listen to a band and are familiar with their discography, that makes you a fan.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Motion Spark,

Wearing a shirt of a band you don't even listen to or know anything about just makes you look stupid. You're supposed to wear a shirt of a band to show you are a fan of them, not just cause you think it looks cool or something. It just makes you look like you're trying to be something you're not. 

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 2

@@Motion Spark,

Wearing a shirt of a band you don't even listen to or know anything about just makes you look stupid. You're supposed to wear a shirt of a band to show you are a fan of them, not just cause you think it looks cool or something. It just makes you look like you're trying to be something you're not. 

you're hell wrong, I want to express the freedom that I have to wear what I want when I want and if iron madden t shirts it's what I like, I'll get them. what's wrong with you?

for example, if i get an iron madden's t-shirt by a relative as a presnt, should I throw it away because I'm not fan of them? please, let's be realistic here

you're hell wrong, I want to express the freedom that I have to wear what I want when I want and if iron madden t shirts it's what I like, I'll get them. what's wrong with you?

for example, if i get an iron madden's t-shirt by a relative as a presnt, should I throw it away because I'm not fan of them? please, let's be realistic here

I'm not saying you don't have the freedom to wear it, it's just that wearing a shirt of something you aren't even a fan of makes you look kind of bad. But if wearing the shirt of whatever it is makes you a fan of whatever it is, then that's cool i guess.

I understand that you're not part of the metal community, but I'll try explaining it to you.

Wearing a band shirt of a band that you don't listen to is very frowned upon. First of all, it shows that you are not a fan of that band. In other words, it makes you a hypocrite. Second, it's always a matter of substance over style, you don't even need a band shirt to call yourself a fan of a certain band. If you listen to a band and are familiar with their discography, that makes you a fan.

I'm not saying you don't have the freedom to wear it, it's just that wearing a shirt of something you aren't even a fan of makes you look kind of bad. But if wearing the shirt of whatever it is makes you a fan of whatever it is, then that's cool i guess.

seriously you 2 need to grow up, and I don't want to act like an ass, but it's pretty clear here that you 2 are hardcore metal fans, you need to put your metal pride aside, and open your minds, because even if you are 2 against 1 (me), your arguments still lacks common sense of why she should or should not wear the shirt that she wants.

let's go to another kind of area, I have a really cool scooby-doo shirt, I'm not a fan of scooby-doo in the slightliest but I liked woring it because it was a really cool shirt, it had a nice design, same to a tarzan's or pokemon's shirt. Not fan of those either but I have certain fondness and knowledge of both.

Same to Miley and  her shirt. saying that I hate Miley for woring an IM shirt is out of context, first because we don't know if she likes or doesn't like the band, I'm pretty sure that at least she knows who are they, cuz she's involved with music. Second, she can't wear what she wants, and I don't understand how she would look stupid if she wore it, unless both of your hard rock or metal pride are broken by her wearing the shirt, I don't see the reason why she would look like a stupid for that.

While it's true that she made a huge fanbase around young girls, she can't be 14yo forever and ever, she's fucking 20 for fucks sake, she can do whatever she wants with her image and her music, it's her problem.

Of course, as an American, she has the right to do whatever she wants to herself.  This DOES NOT mean however that she SHOULD.  She chose to be a role model for many pre-teen early-teen women, and thus had assigned herself to an important duty and obligation. The duty to set good examples for others.  In my opinion, making herself look like a massive slut and user doesn't set a good example for those who admired her.  Ever heard of the quote "with great power comes great responsibility?"  Well its true here.  Being a celebrity and icon gives her a choice.  To set a good example, or a bad one.  She can end up hurting a lot of lives through her influence if she chooses to go down the wrong path.

And now personally:

Don't see anything in her.  She just looks like someone you bang once at a frat.

(edited)

seriously you 2 need to grow up, and I don't want to act like an ass, but it's pretty clear here that you 2 are hardcore metal fans, you need to put your metal pride aside, and open your minds, because even if you are 2 against 1 (me), your arguments still lacks common sense of why she should or should not wear the shirt that she wants.

let's go to another kind of area, I have a really cool scooby-doo shirt, I'm not a fan of scooby-doo in the slightliest but I liked woring it because it was a really cool shirt, it had a nice design, same to a tarzan's or pokemon's shirt. Not fan of those either but I have certain fondness and knowledge of both.

Same to Miley and  her shirt. saying that I hate Miley for woring an IM shirt is out of context, first because we don't know if she likes or doesn't like the band, I'm pretty sure that at least she knows who are they, cuz she's involved with music. Second, she can't wear what she wants, and I don't understand how she would look stupid if she wore it, unless both of your hard rock or metal pride are broken by her wearing the shirt, I don't see the reason why she would look like a stupid for that.

People make shirts of bands/TV Shows/Movies because they're meant for the fans to wear so that they can acknowledge their liking of something, now obviously you don't see things that way, and that's cool but anyone who thinks on the different side doesn't need to grow up, all they're doing is addressing that wearing a shirt of something you're not a fan of is using that shirt in the way that it's not intended to. Yeah sure there's nothing wrong with wearing something that involves something that you aren't a fan of, except for the fact of how it defeats the original purpose of that shirt, it was intended for the fans to wear it.

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 2

That's the thing, we come from different backgrounds.I'm not the fashion police, but I'm saying that it's recommended that you don't do that.

Of course, as an American, she has the right to do whatever she wants to herself.  This DOES NOT mean however that she SHOULD.  

I think you explained it pretty well.

@MotionSpark

You can wear the shirt, but you really shouldn't for the reasons that I've listed above. As for the "lacks common sense" thing, I thought my points were very thought out and explicit on why you shouldn't wear a band shirt of a band that you don't like.  

• Brohoof 2

Of course, as an American, she has the right to do whatever she wants to herself.  This DOES NOT mean however that she SHOULD.  She chose to be a role model for many pre-teen early-teen women, and thus had assigned herself to an important duty and obligation. The duty to set good examples for others.  In my opinion, making herself look like a massive slut and user doesn't set a good example for those who admired her.  Ever heard of the quote "with great power comes great responsibility?"  Well its true here.  Being a celebrity and icon gives her a choice.  To set a good example, or a bad one.  She can end up hurting a lot of lives through her influence if she chooses to go down the wrong path.

And now personally:

Don't see anything in her.  She just looks like someone you bang once at a frat.

it's not for defending Miley but what? is really her duty to be the mother of all of these young girls? really?

People make shirts of bands/TV Shows/Movies because they're meant for the fans to wear so that they can acknowledge their liking of something, now obviously you don't see things that way, and that's cool but anyone who thinks on the different side doesn't need to grow up, all they're doing is addressing that wearing a shirt of something you're not a fan of is using that shirt in the way that it's not intended to. Yeah sure there's nothing wrong with wearing something that involves something that you aren't a fan of, except for the fact of how it defeats the original purpose of that shirt, it was intended for the fans to wear it.

you're putting words in my mouth, but from the few contacts that I've had with meatal fans now, I'm getting a nasty impression right now, I want you guys to expand your horizons and realize that this world is not black and white, open your eyes. Granted, I'm clearly not a fan of metal, but if I see a shirt that I like I get it, if I like IM designs in the shirts I can wear it if I want and you can't tell me otherwise, are you going to beat me up if I wore one?

Should I be offended if a non-brony wore a brony shirt (in an obviously non mocking bronies way) in public? no! why should I do that? I'm really sorry, but I can't agree with this.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

it's not for defending Miley but what? is really her duty to be the mother of all of these young girls? really?

Hey lets not exaggerate now.  That's not what I said.  I only said that she has power with the position that life's granted her and that It would be the more *good* and less *evil* thing to do if she set a good example for those who admired her.

Don't be a hypocrite.  You're the one putting words in people's mouths. :P

Edited by John

Hey lets not exaggerate now.  That's not what I said.  I only said that she has power with the position that life's granted her and that It would be the more *good* and less *evil* thing to do if she set a good example for those who admired her.

Don't be a hypocrite.  You're the one putting words in people's mouths. tongue.png

why are you calling me hypocrite? and especially in something that I wasn't even talking with you.

Miley can do whatever she wants with her money and her fame, if she wants to be a twerking slut, so be it, if she makes money out of it, so be it again. I have my own sense of judgement to know what things that she does can be considered good or bad. But saying that it is her "duty" and "obligation"... please don't be ridiculous.

you're putting words in my mouth, but from the few contacts that I've had with meatal fans now, I'm getting a nasty impression right now, I want you guys to expand your horizons and realize that this world is not black and white, open your eyes. Granted, I'm clearly not a fan of metal, but if I see a shirt that I like I get it, if I like IM designs in the shirts I can wear it if I want and you can't tell me otherwise, are you going to beat me up if I wore one?

But we do like other forms of music, it's just that we sorta have our own subculture and community and there are certain things that we disapprove of. Using a band shirt as a form of fashion is one of those things. I also find it a bit hypocritical that you call us close minded even though you're not very familiar with us. We want people to listen to the bands because they make good music, not have them exposed because the design "looks good".

TL;DR Metal for passion, not for fashion.

• Brohoof 1

Should I be offended if a non-brony wore a brony shirt (in an obviously non mocking bronies way) in public? no! why should I do that? I'm really sorry, but I can't agree with this.

"Expand my horizons" if you're implying that you think I'm a Metalhead then yeah you're right I don't mind a bit of Metal here and there, though I listen to other genres more often than Metal to say it I don't even think I listened to a Metal album all day. I never said that I was offended by it, all that I said was that it defeats the purpose of the shirt, do you think that I care if you wear an Iron Maiden shirt when you're not a fan of them? Hell no, I couldn't care less about it, let alone be offended by it or beat the hell out of you for it. And not only that I never said you weren't allowed to wear it I just said that it defeats the purpose of the shirt. You seem like you're taking too much offense towards what isn't meant to offend.

• Brohoof 2

The hair is pretty fabulous, but would look better on a guy with highlights, I think. 

In my opinion, she's somewhat attractive but wears far too much makeup - I've never like makeup, save for some eyeshadow.

(edited)

What is up with this thread? I'm more concerned with all the slut shaming going on here...I hate it when people call women who are sexually active sluts.. It's her body and she should be able to do as she pleases...(You don't hear people saying this about men)

now on with Miley...Well personally I'm not a fan of her music(Too generic for me)

but I think she is really being herself and that is great!

My favorite look she ever did was the one at this years Met Gala. Lol I think she was the only celebrity there that really did the punk look

Edited by GlamourDolly

why are you calling me hypocrite? and especially in something that I wasn't even talking with you.

Miley can do whatever she wants with her money and her fame, if she wants to be a twerking slut, so be it, if she makes money out of it, so be it again. I have my own sense of judgement to know what things that she does can be considered good or bad. But saying that it is her "duty" and "obligation"... please don't be ridiculous.

No offense, but I feel like your just one of those people who like to promote a duty-less world without responsibility.  Sort of a moral and ethical anarchy where anyone should do whatever they want just because they can.

I believe, however, that although she has the RIGHT to do anything she wants to, she SHOULDN'T let herself be drawn in by a wave of  unhealthy drugs and sex.  If she wants to be what many would consider a "good person," she should show a little bit of restraint and not taint the image of what young woman should be like with bad things, especially considering she was such a big role model for them in the past.

What is up with this thread? I'm more concerned with all the slut shaming going on here...I hate it when people call women who are sexually active sluts.. It's her body and she should be able to do as she pleases...(You don't hear people saying this about men)

now on with Miley...Well personally I'm not a fan of her music(Too generic for me)

but I think she is really being herself and that is great!

My favorite look she ever did was the one at this years Met Gala. Lol I think she was the only celebrity there that really did the punk look

Its fine for her to be that way, but for her to advertise it in the way that she does after being a huge role model for young girls does not seem appropriate.  The main problem in the video was the drug use references.  Cocaine?  Seriously?

"Expand my horizons" if you're implying that you think I'm a Metalhead then yeah you're right I don't mind a bit of Metal here and there, though I listen to other genres more often than Metal to say it I don't even think I listened to a Metal album all day. I never said that I was offended by it, all that I said was that it defeats the purpose of the shirt, do you think that I care if you wear an Iron Maiden shirt when you're not a fan of them? Hell no, I couldn't care less about it, let alone be offended by it or beat the hell out of you for it. And not only that I never said you weren't allowed to wear it I just said that it defeats the purpose of the shirt. You seem like you're taking too much offense towards what isn't meant to offend.

cool mane, Miley defeated the purpose of shirt in your own words. Nothing else.

But we do like other forms of music, it's just that we sorta have our own subculture and community and there are certain things that we disapprove of. Using a band shirt as a form of fashion is one of those things. I also find it a bit hypocritical that you call us close minded even though you're not very familiar with us. We want people to listen to the bands because they make good music, not have them exposed because the design "looks good".

TL;DR Metal for passion, not for fashion.

that's the problem... those "subcultures", those "communities" don't always applies to metal, no! we have several of them around society as a whole. We tend to turn everything into a religion, that's why we have anti-bronies or brony haters, that's why we still face racism, that's why gay people can't be free to choose who they can love, there's everytime "things that you dissaprove of".

If I saw Miley peeing on the shirt and setting it on fire as sign of rebellion, then I would understand because she's disrespecting the name and the value of the band, but she's not, don't call me hypocrite because that's what you're acting right now, a closed minded person, I didn't say that metalheads are closed minded, I said that you, as a individual, are closed minded, notice the difference there.

I completely agree with you on this point. I don't see any problem with someone wearing a shirt for a band or a videogame, even if they aren't a 'true fan' of it.

I think that if one person attacks another based on whether or not they should be wearing a shirt, then they are a silly person that wants nothing more than to grab some attention.

• Brohoof 1

No offense, but I feel like your just one of those people who like to promote a duty-less world without responsibility.  Sort of a moral and ethical anarchy where anyone should do whatever they want just because they can.   I believe, however, that although she has the RIGHT to do anything she wants to, she SHOULDN'T let herself be drawn in by a wave of  unhealthy drugs and sex.  If she wants to be what many would consider a "good person," she should show a little bit of restraint and not taint the image of what young woman should be like with bad things, especially considering she was such a big role model for them in the past.

I believe in responsability, but she's not responsible for these girls. If her fandom follows her it's because they like her for what she is, and not what she should be because of an unexistent role of a TV show, even though Hannah Montana got stuck in head of all of these people, she doesn't exist, she's not real...maybe Miley always wanted to be a rebel kid but wasn't allowed to because of the Hannah Montana image. 

dis has been my favorite look of her this year :P

I don't even know wha kind of event was that though :x

2013-New-Miley-Cyrus-Red-Carpet-Mermaid-

I love sex, I love drugs, and I love alcohol, so who I am to judge?

wow blink.png