Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle A Xenophile?

Bendy

(edited)

I've just watched Equestria Girls. It was OK. But one thing Twilight Sparkle had no real sense of hesitation to dance with a Human? And even blushed? Her mind didn't scream bestiality at her, so clearly she deems dating another sapient species as Xenophilia.

This proves Twilight Sparkle is a xenophile. A person who would love/date someone, even if they aren't their own species.

And don't worry, you always have fan fictions (other universes) where she could be a Human hating fascist. XD

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well, since Spike has a crush on Rarity, I think xenophilia is not that uncommon in the ponyverse. That's at least my headcanon.

But beware. Only because Twilight had this experience in the movie it still doesn't mean she is a xenophile. I mean, Spike was also transformed and even acted at some points like a dog. I know, still hints on crush on Rarity, but if his and Twilight's whole physiology changed, why shouldn't that also affect their behavior and preferences? Could explain her actions.

And she blushed at the Pony Flash Sentry in the end, too. When she was a Pony again. Of course that can mean that she looks only for personality, but she wasn't admiring ponies in the movie either, when she was a human among humans and not a Pony.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 3

Pony or not her mind was still very humanlike either way, but it wouldn't surprise me if inter species relationships are commonplace in Equestria and if that is the case Twilight would likely view it as normal but that dosen't gurantee that everypony would see it that way. Homosexuality is very common in our world for example and there are quite a few people that have a problem with that, but Twilight did indeed have no such hesitation in this case which makes is fair to say that yes she is in fact a Xenophile.

Well to Twilight, it wasn't weird to her at all in dating a human. But in Equestria, it would be weird since the ponies never encountered any humans since they never found a portal from Earth to Equestria. So, I'd say that she was okay with it.

Yeah I thought it was kind of odd that she was attracted to a weird two legged alien right away. Especially since she was so puzzled by her own body.

Anyway I don't know how common interspecies relationships are in Equestria. I watched a video once where the guy pointed out that there aren't even many mixed pony couples (earth/unicorn etc.). But there are mules so we know ponies do occasionally mate with donkeys.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've just watched Equestria Girls. It was OK. But one thing Twilight Sparkle had no real sense of hesitation to dance with a Human? And even blushed? Her mind didn't scream bestiality at her, so clearly she deems dating another sapient species as Xenophilia.

This proves Twilight Sparkle is a xenophile. A person who would love/date someone, even if they aren't their own species.

And don't worry, you always have fan fictions (other universes) where she could be a Human hating fascist. XD

Well, her oldest friend does happen to be a baby dragon, if that sheds any light on the matter. Plus, Spike has a crush on Rarity. And Discord's very existence should indicate that perhaps inter-species relations aren't uncommon in Equestria. Even griffins which are a mix between lion and eagle are a relatively common species too. My guess is that it's simply less taboo than it is irl because in the end, just about every species in Equestria understands each other to a certain degree. Some animals less so than others (squirrels and snakes seem less sentient than ponies obviously, cows, buffaloes).

Edited by Freedan

Not canon.  It doesn't matter if its not canon.

post-6560-0-03810100-1372845897_thumb.png

And because she's already so human-like being able to think and do human like expressions, shes not actually that different from a person.

• Brohoof 1

Look, love is very biological. Twilight was a human when Flash asked her to dance, so obviously her now human mind would have not thought of it as bestiality. Had she been a pony, neither FLash nor her would have wanted to dance, because their minds wouldn't be attracted to each other.

At the end when Twilight was a pony again, she blushed at Pony Flash because now her mind was attracted to stallions again.

(edited)

It seems to me the main reason a huge number of brony's are so set on labeling Equestria Girls as 'non cannon' is mainly due to the fact that if it were to be declared 'cannon' it would mean that the following themes will have been legitimized.

1. A magical gateway between Equestria and Earth

2. Humanized ponies

3. Ponies falling for humans

So given the fandom's ongoing love/hate relationship with these themes, I'm not the least bit surprised that so many have declared this movies as something that exists outside of the established universe.

Folks, the simple fact is that Twilight WAS attracted to Flash. Perhaps the reasons were a bit flimsy but the genuine attraction was there and it had nothing to do with Twilight's system being confused by her human body. She knew she was a pony, she thought like a pony, moved like a pony and even ate like a pony (at least until an odd look from Fluttershy broke her of that). 

So despite the fact that Twilight was in the 'guise' of a human, her mind was still very much equine in nature. I use the moment when Flash asks her to be his date for the dance as my primary example. When asked, Twilight responds by pressing herself close to him in very pony-like manner.

Edited by ponyboy_245

StatesTheObvious lived up to his username.

His username is StatesTheOblivious, not StatesTheObvious.

Anywho, I'm going to chalk it up to Twilight's personality getting somewhat jumbled by her new humanoid body. As in, her mind is pretty much the same, but hormones and the like still caused her to become attracted to an alien species. This also explains why Spike was able to act like a dog so quickly, as surely barking, growling, and licking wouldn't have come so natural to him otherwise. If you declare that their minds were utterly unaffected, you're left with no explanation as for why Spike, say, licked Twilight's face in order to wake her up.

Of course, that still leaves the problem of why Twilight found nothing amiss after Spike did so. Perhaps her human biology also imbued her with a certain cultural knowledge, so associating dogs with licking was enough to distract her from the fact that it was Spike.

Even apart from biology, clearly inter-species relationships aren't as taboo in Equestria as they are in our world. A baby dragon having a crush on a pony is a quirk, not a disorder, and ponies respond to Spike's crush in a way not entirely dissimilar to a generic little boy's crush. In fact, the issue of species seems to rarely come up.

But I think it really comes down not to inter-species relationships being taboo, but rather that ponies as a species are incredibly open-minded and reluctant to judge based on species. The show makes it clear numerous times that dragons are a mysterious and poorly-understood species that distance themselves from ponies, so it's not like Spike's crush can be seen as normal because of how commonly dragons get pony-crushes. No, it has to stem from something else. I would be willing to assert that under the rule of Celestia, the pony species went from racism amongst itself (that is, racism between Earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi,) to a species so tolerant and accepting that they have few qualms about a barely-understood species becoming infatuated with one of their own.

And while this would also explain, as Fluttershutter mentioned, the existence of mules as the offspring of ponies and donkeys, it creates the odd problem that racism against mules is commonplace. Note the instance in which Rarity used the term "mule" to mean something incredibly negative before being reassured by a mule that he was not offended. So either mules are used to the racism, or the mules of Ponyville understand that Rarity can be a tad offensive. And don't even get me started on what amounts to sheep slavery.

So overall we have some interesting things about Equestrian culture that I doubt, for obvious reasons, will be explored.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a video once where the guy pointed out that there aren't even many mixed pony couples (earth/unicorn etc.).

Actually, Rarity's dad is an earth pony...

But you do have a point. And about the mules, yeah, that's correct, how could there be mules if ponies didn't mate with donkeys?

Actually, Rarity's dad is an earth pony...

But you do have a point. And about the mules, yeah, that's correct, how could there be mules if ponies didn't mate with donkeys?

Not necessarily. We've never seen him without his hat on, and it's possible that that hat could be concealing his horn. We'd have to see him without a hat to conclude that he is an earth pony.

Not necessarily. We've never seen him without his hat on, and it's possible that that hat could be concealing his horn. We'd have to see him without a hat to conclude that he is an earth pony.

...good point.

You could be right, I was just thinking that maybe because he could be an earth pony that Sweetie Belle won't be able to use magic, or her abilities would be limited?

Well technically Twilight was a human at that given point, but i guess the fact hes technically a different species in some way sorta makes it different?

Idk honestly since shes in an alternate world, all the humans have a pony version of themselves somewhere it seems. So I suppose she wasn't bothered since he technically has a alternate pony version?

After she found out she was a pony or followed her though I'm sure she didn't mind it.

I suppose you have a point in a sense though, its a little confusing since its an alternate world. And she also happens at the time to be a human.

Regardless, they're both sentient, so I don't think its really all that bad exactly anyways.