How do you make friends here?

Away

I normally just shoot people a PM saying "Hi! How're you doing today?" They reply, I tell them how I am then I ask what they're doing, and it goes on from there. 

I also ask what they're into, to see if we enjoy anything in common.

Roleplays are a good way to start. If you interact enough with a certain person send them a PM and talk OOC. If somebody sends you a friend request talk to them a while if you want, strike up a conversation. I just started here about a week ago so I haven't really made any real friends besides the people on my friends list. So if anyone feels like talking, I'm always here! PM me if you feel like it and we can be buds! happy.png

• 1 year later...

I usually make real friends by keeping in touch with users who became friends with me or vice versa. I haven't made a real friend on here yet, since we don't talk very often. It's extremely rare for me to add someone, even after talking with them for a good while. I suppose it's confidence or self-esteem that gets in the way. 

Also, popularity might be a contributing factor in making friends. It seems those who are well-known get a lot of attention, and those that know that give them even more attention. It's easy to make friends that way, but being popular is something I've never strived for.

Some good advice would be to talk to as many different users as you can, and try to relate with them in some way. Some are grumpy, some are decent, and some are actually nice. I comment on various status updates, but conversations are still rare that way for me.

If I find someone I deem interesting, I just send them a PM or add them. Not really much to it, tbh.  :squee:

Honestly I don't know. I have some people in my friends list but I'm not one to initiate actual conversations for the most part. I'm also not very big on posting status updates or anything of the sort because I've always found them to be rather inane (in the sense of 'why on Earth would anyone care about what I have on my mind?')

If I find someone I deem interesting, I just send them a PM or add them. Not really much to it, tbh.  :squee:

I'm far too shy to do that.

If you don't mind befriending some random people, start frequenting the Count to a Million thread. I'm pretty shy but I find it easy to form bonds with people in threads like that...After a few weeks, you'll probably start to feel as if the other frequenters are your friends because they are friendly people.

I usually wait for people to message me and start a conversation first.

We then keep the conversation going and before we know it we've already become good friends.

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of just find people. I'm fairly active posting on the forum and participating in status updates, so I encounter a lot of people on a regular basis. Sometimes I'll end up talking to certain people more often and realize we have certain common interests and then talk to them even more.

It just kind of happens naturally.

How... how do you make a friend here? I'd like to know myself. Why would anyone wanna be my friend?

...Must be my invisible rugged good looks

I'd be glad to be your friend :) feel free to PM me

• 6 years later...

By interacting with them. Some people do have a harder time to becoming friends or it's shear impossible. Still the base for a friendship is interacting with each other.

• Brohoof 4

Never giving up. Friendship takes time. But it is a good start to just talk, and see if you hit it off with someone, having something in common to talk about :rarity:

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

See who you like and if they share some common interests in their posts. If you’re interested in them send a PM and take it from there. Communication seems the best approach to making friends.

• Hugs 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Savy said:

Just honestly be myself, and be kind.

I'm bad at approaching others.

Same here. I am terrible at approaching others because I end up getting too scared and then give up too easily.

Edited by Magic Note