Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vexx's Sketch Thread

Vexx3

Yeah, since sketches are all I will likely be doing for a while until I can get my anatomy pinned down, I figured I might as well make a central thread to post them in.

Ones I've done so far:

vinyl_sketch_by_vexx3-d6am306.jpg

octavia_sketch_fixed_by_vexx3-d6bw1ow.jp

doodle_by_vexx3-d6cpq0g.jpg

And here's the newest one that I did for @Eavath.

spiritfire_sketch_by_vexx3-d6d30v5.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Thanks for the feedback, guys!  :)

Here's another that I did for someone on Tumblr.  Not really happy with the front legs, especially the lifted one.  Can't seem to get that kind of pose right.

searchie_request_by_vexx3-d6dgsq1.png

And here's one I did of Velvet Remedy, my favorite character from Fallout: Equestria.

velvet_remedy_sketch_by_vexx3-d6dcrf0.pn

• Brohoof 2

Here's a sketch I did of Fluttershy.  The main purpose of this sketch was to try and figure out a method for drawing wings and I think I figured it out.

fluttershy_sketch_by_vexx3-d6eej92.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did this sketch for someone on Tumblr.  I think it came out okay, but my lord that hair was tough...

blue_note_by_vexx3-d6haupb.png

Also did this sketch in Psych class.  Mainly just wanted to try the pose and perspective so a lot of the proportions are really off.

sketch_01_by_vexx3-d6fvdqj.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I did a sketch of Spitfire this time.  Wanted more practice with this kind of pose.  I'm pretty sure the front legs are a bit too small.

• Brohoof 2

Whoa man, from the ones I've looked at that you did earlier, to the most current ones, I can clearly see you're getting better!

They look awesome, keep it up! :)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So I did a sketch of Lyra in a stream.  Did a lot of experimenting (mainly the eye style and shading) and I'm actually pretty happy with the results.

Did this one as a gift for a friend of mine from Tumblr.  I think this pretty much affirms that Photoshop will be be drawing program now instead of SAI.  Might still use SAI for lines, though.

post-1543-0-95300100-1380562755_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

It is always pleasing to see how an artist has grown over time, and I can see that from when you began this thread to the present that you have improved quite a bit.  And you will only get better from here.

As for your most current pieces, I really have no critique with the exception of the eyelashes and eyebrows clipping through the hair on the Lyra drawing (moreso with the eyelashes as the creates a tangent and cause some visual confusion with the hair).

I cannot wait to see your future efforts and I wish you the best of luck!

• Brohoof 1

It is always pleasing to see how an artist has grown over time, and I can see that from when you began this thread to the present that you have improved quite a bit.  And you will only get better from here.

As for your most current pieces, I really have no critique with the exception of the eyelashes and eyebrows clipping through the hair on the Lyra drawing (moreso with the eyelashes as the creates a tangent and cause some visual confusion with the hair).

I cannot wait to see your future efforts and I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you!  ^^

The eyelashes/brows clipping through the hair is more of a stylistic choice.  I know there are those that don't like and I might experiment with not doing that.  I'm not really good enough yet to be able to add the face wrinkles and lines that help define the expression otherwise.