Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the impact of the DK rap on society?

Ron Jeremy

The DK rap. It is a masterpiece. It is the greatest thing that will ever exist. It enriches our lives, brings us joy, creates peace... but at what cost?

The day that song was first heard by the ears of Man, an age of despair began. We knew that, while the DK rap was amazing, we had reached our peak. That nothing else we could ever accomplish would ever surpass the glory of the DK rap. Those apes, they were our blessing and our curse. They bestowed upon us the music of the gods, but once we heard it, our inferior music was no match.

They say to have loved and lost is better than to have never loved and all, but would we be better had we never heard the glorious DK rap? We would know joy again. Our standards would still be low, low enough to enjoy the music we mere mortals produce. But we must live. Each day is a struggle. The DK rap carries us, but we have been crippled by it. We can no longer walk on our own legs. We have been shown how inferior we are. Damn the DK rap, but praise it as well.

Perhaps, one day... many generations from now, the DK rap will be forgotten. And our descendants can know joy once again. Know that there's gold at the end of the rainbow. Believe once again we can achieve something. Because if that can never happen, what will happen to humanity? Will we lose the will to go on? Lose the will to continue the species? Will we leave behind the DK rap to be heard by intergalactic explorers, and destroy an entire other species with us? The DK rap holds such power. The universe took countless years to be created, but the DK rap spans three minutes and has the power to destroy the will of any who hear it. It is perfection. Once you know perfection, everything else is boring.

Perhaps there is hope. The deaf. The deaf will continue the species, for they know not the joy of music anyway. They are immune to the greatness and despair the DK rap brings. A deaf humanity has its problems, but at least it will survive. A humanity with no hope... why must that humanity's existence continue? Why must its suffering continue? The age of the deaf humanity needs to be ushered in.

And now, it is my time to die. My existence serves no purpose. I know that nothing I or my fellow Man can create will surpass, or even be the equal of the DK rap. If the current humans capable of hearing choose to keep existing, the world will be a shadow of what it once was. A bleak, depressing world where there can be no joy. Where there are no aspirations. Why would you have aspirations when you know nothing can be achieved? It is time for me to go. Time for me to make room for the new humanity. A humanity that is immune to the DK rap.

Grapes, melons, oranges, and coconut shells indeed.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

What in the name of all things warm and moist are you even on about? I don't even like rap.

Edit: Donkey Kong? Nope, never have played it.

Edited by t3hzb0t

But dear Bouffant, you naive person you. The DK rap will not destroy the hearing enabled leaving only the deaf to rule the planet. No no, for just a decade prior the human race had already reached perfection.

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow.jpg

As amazing as the DK rap is, it comes no where close to the majesty that it the intro. And how can I forget the Mario dance? Does no one remember the revolution this started? Wars were fought. Sons, brothers, and fathers were all turned against each other. Everyone was "Doing the Mario" it was the perfect cherry on top of mankind's greatest creation. Everyone was, in fact, "hooked on the brothers".

Little do people know that the DK rap was little more than humanity's last attempt at greatness. Nintendo's last chance to try and right the wrongs they had done by creating this show. But alas it did not work. The Super Mario Bros Super Show is still the greatest thing we have ever, or will ever, create.

• Brohoof 2

But dear Bouffant, you naive person you. The DK rap will not destroy the hearing enabled leaving only the deaf to rule the planet. No no, for just a decade prior the human race had already reached perfection.

img-1651533-1-SuperMarioBrosSuperShow.jp

As amazing as the DK rap is, it comes no where close to the majesty that it the intro. And how can I forget the Mario dance? Does no one remember the revolution this started? Wars were fought. Sons, brothers, and fathers were all turned against each other. Everyone was "Doing the Mario" it was the perfect cherry on top of mankind's greatest creation. Everyone was, in fact, "hooked on the brothers".

Little do people know that the DK rap was little more than humanity's last attempt at greatness. Nintendo's last chance to try and right the wrongs they had done by creating this show. But alas it did not work. The Super Mario Bros Super Show is still the greatest thing we have ever, or will ever, create.

Ah, yes, the brothers. You may call it heresy, but I believe that the DK rap is an equal to the ballad of the brothers, if not slightly better.

It's funny. In these twilight hours of the age of Man, we bicker amongst ourselves about the very songs that brought our demise. Is our sole purpose to fight? Is war our wretched destiny? It seems fitting, seeing how our greatest creations could be called weapons, since they left us with holes in our very being. The Kongregation and the Brotherhood of Plumbers... can we ever get along, even as our society crumbles?

• Brohoof 1

Ah, yes, the brothers. You may call it heresy, but I believe that the DK rap is an equal to the ballad of the brothers, if not slightly better.

It's funny. In these twilight hours of the age of Man, we bicker amongst ourselves about the very songs that brought our demise. Is our sole purpose to fight? Is war our wretched destiny? It seems fitting, seeing how our greatest creations could be called weapons, since they left us with holes in our very being. The Kongregation and the Brotherhood of Plumbers... can we ever get along, even as our society crumbles?

Perhaps these creations are a blessing in disguise. In their perfection they have shown us our true nature. They have shown us that we humans are unworthy of life. We are beings that, when faced with perfection, crumble as we continue to destroy ourselves.

But maybe....Maybe there is a sliver of hope left. Now that we have seen our true nature, we can work to change it. We have looked into the abyss and witnessed our own demise. If we can all work together then maybe, just maybe, we can prevent our extinction.

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps these creations are a blessing in disguise. In their perfection they have shown us our true nature. They have shown us that we humans are unworthy of life. We are beings that, when faced with perfection, crumble as we continue to destroy ourselves.

But maybe....Maybe there is a sliver of hope left. Now that we have seen our true nature, we can work to change it. We have looked into the abyss and witnessed our own demise. If we can all work together then maybe, just maybe, we can prevent our extinction.

Can we really? Our existence is a feeble one. We have been made aware of our own inferiority. We know we're inferior. Can we really conquer our inferiority and rise once again to face the trials the coming ages will thrust upon us? We see ourselves as being strong of will, but in reality we are worms, writhing and writhing. Pity, pity the lowly worms.

We cannot continue. Our very existences are temporary. No matter what we achieve, we will be overshadowed by the DK rap and the Mario rap, which are far greater than us, and immortal. Such a pity, the fragility of human life.

I long for the days when I could enjoy music. When I could live my life without seeing a weak, worthless, inferior being in the mirror each day. We humans aren't bigger, stronger, and faster too. We don't make crushing rocks seem such a breeze. We can't float through the air and climb up trees. Nor can we swing our arms from side to side. It's time to go.

Can we really? Our existence is a feeble one. We have been made aware of our own inferiority. We know we're inferior. Can we really conquer our inferiority and rise once again to face the trials the coming ages will thrust upon us? We see ourselves as being strong of will, but in reality we are worms, writhing and writhing. Pity, pity the lowly worms.

We cannot continue. Our very existences are temporary. No matter what we achieve, we will be overshadowed by the DK rap and the Mario rap, which are far greater than us, and immortal. Such a pity, the fragility of human life.

I long for the days when I could enjoy music. When I could live my life without seeing a weak, worthless, inferior being in the mirror each day. We humans aren't bigger, stronger, and faster too. We don't make crushing rocks seem such a breeze. We can't float through the air and climb up trees. Nor can we swing our arms from side to side. It's time to go.

But did we not create this perfection? Us being the worms we are created these glorious tunes. My theory is that we were simply not ready for what we had created. Our minds are not advanced enough to fully comprehend the meaning of the DK rap and Super Show.

Maybe you are right, maybe we should all just perish. But what of the future? I foresee another generation, one that is smarter and more advanced in every way. It is for that reason that we must hide these creations away. When the time is right humanity will rediscover these gems and not only understand them but appreciate them as well.

• Brohoof 1

But did we not create this perfection? Us being the worms we are created these glorious tunes. My theory is that we were simply not ready for what we had created. Our minds are not advanced enough to fully comprehend the meaning of the DK rap and Super Show.

Maybe you are right, maybe we should all just perish. But what of the future? I foresee another generation, one that is smarter and more advanced in every way. It is for that reason that we must hide these creations away. When the time is right humanity will rediscover these gems and not only understand them but appreciate them as well.

Perhaps you are correct. We must seal away our creations, the musics of the gods. Our society of ash can give rise to a better future. A society ready for the Super Show rap, the DK rap. I feel sorrow, for I can never see this glorious future. But I also understand that this future, it isn't for me. It's for them.

For them. The ones who will replace us. The ones who will live in the new world. The utopia in which all music is equal to, or dare I say greater than the DK rap and the Super Show rap. For them, we must live on. For them, we must pave the way. In this glorious future, scholars may debate whether or not these dark times even happened.

That is, if this bright new age can even happen. If there isn't even a glimmer of hope left. If we are not worms, but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption. Optimism can only carry one so far. The dark truths of the world overshadow all happiness. All is lost, including hope. There is no clear beacon in the dark, telling us that we are capable of accomplishing anything on the same caliber as the DK rap, or the Super Show rap.

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps you are correct. We must seal away our creations, the musics of the gods. Our society of ash can give rise to a better future. A society ready for the Super Show rap, the DK rap. I feel sorrow, for I can never see this glorious future. But I also understand that this future, it isn't for me. It's for them.

For them. The ones who will replace us. The ones who will live in the new world. The utopia in which all music is equal to, or dare I say greater than the DK rap and the Super Show rap. For them, we must live on. For them, we must pave the way. In this glorious future, scholars may debate whether or not these dark times even happened.

That is, if this bright new age can even happen. If there isn't even a glimmer of hope left. If we are not worms, but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption. Optimism can only carry one so far. The dark truths of the world overshadow all happiness. All is lost, including hope. There is no clear beacon in the dark, telling us that we are capable of accomplishing anything on the same caliber as the DK rap, or the Super Show rap.

We will know in time. Maybe the next generation will have created something better than the DK and Super Show raps thus sparring them from destruction.

Until then those responsible for the songs are being punished. Rare, the creators of the DK rap, are now doomed to making crappy Wii Sport rip-offs for the Kinect. Ironic in a way. The creators of the world's most perfect creation are doomed to work with humanity's evilest most vile creation. As for Dic....well they've out of business for years. No one care about them.

We will know in time. Maybe the next generation will have created something better than the DK and Super Show raps thus sparring them from destruction.

Until then those responsible for the songs are being punished. Rare, the creators of the DK rap, are now doomed to making crappy Wii Sport rip-offs for the Kinect. Ironic in a way. The creators of the world's most perfect creation are doomed to work with humanity's evilest most vile creation. As for Dic....well they've out of business for years. No one care about them.

True, Rare has been punished and humiliated for its masterpiece that has doomed us all. But Dic... Dic could be merely resting. Waiting to unleash upon the world another brilliant work of art that we are not ready for. Poised to crush our hopes, by allowing them to be built up so the crumbling will be more grandiose. It sounds mad, but they also said it was mad to think the DK rap and the Super Show song would bring the end.

In the end, it will not matter. The outcome of the universe will remain the same. We will disappear into the void, as will all that exists. Do our struggles even matter? We are but mere insects, no, specks of dust in the universe. Our greatest contributions were made too soon, and now we are husks, husks of what we were.