Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Survival

Strong Hooves

Blanc chuckled, "Looks like it.", she then looked at it, "So... feeling better?" she asked carefully. She dropped the apples earlier out of fear...

Blanc would get up, tending him a hoof. "So remember the direction?" she asked him, having lost all sense of orientation since earlier.

Cloud thought a moment, then remembered and old pegasi trick he had learned when he was young, he flew up above the trees, feeling the angle of the wind blowing, then remembering which way it was blowing against him as he flew, managed to find the direction they were going, he flew back down, "Yup, got it" he said with a smile

Blanc was not quite sure how he did that but she trusted him completely, "Perfect then." she got up and stretched a bit, ready to be lifted again. "I wonder how far we really are..." she told him.

Cloud shrugged, "Not sure... the Tundra isnt too big, but then again, it aint all that small either" he then lifted her back up and took off once more, hopefully it wouldnt be that much longer until they made it home...

(Do you want to make another challenge for them? If not then you can make the next time skip)

( Well I can't think of one in the air, perhaps once they land or something? )

Their flight was pretty calm, the sun shun from above and the wind gently blew them forward as if he was trying to help them. But time had other plans and soon the sun had to set, starting to plunge everything into darkness. They decided to stop at a nearby forest, partly for the firewood but also for any food they could find there.

Cloud gathered all firewood he could find, then proceeded to start the fire. As he finally got a flame going, he began to search around for any kinds of food for the night. After a while of searching, he found a rather strange looking apple tree, the apples were a rainbow striped design. Cloud shrugged and bucked the tree, making many of the apples fall, he gathered them and brought them to Blanc, "Check these out" he told her.

Blanc who stayed at the fire to stay warm and also tend to it blinked as she saw those apples. She hmmed, "Never saw that one... You sure we can eat them?" She didn't want them to end up poisoned or anything else. "Did you find anything else?" She hoped he did because else... well they did not have much of a choice.

Cloud shrugged, "I've heard of different colored apples before" he then took a tentative bite, as he did a small spark if electricity jolted him and made his mane stand straight, "Woah" he said, "has a little kick to it... but not bad"

Blanc chuckled, "So this is an electrified rainbow apple?", she took on into her hoof, not sure if she should bite into it... She looked at Cloud.

Blanc, "Okay... here comes!", she bit into it. As soon as her teeth went into the apple she felt a small electric shock throughout her body. Her mane was now a bit more poofy too. "Wow... a shocking experience..."

Blanc grinned, "Well so do I... easier to put back right.", she frowned slightly and wondered if she really wanted another apple... after all what if her mane gets even worse!? Or perhaps even her tail...?

Cloud inspected another apple, and after a few shocks later, he figured out that you had to pull the stem out first, then it wouldn't shock you when you bit it he showed this to Blanc, the. Went to lay by the fire, but not before checking his surroundings to make sure he could find his direction once they took off in the morning.

• 1 month later...

Ready? Charge! *Revives Thread*

As they woke up, the sun was shining bright and not a single cloud is seen in the sky. Blanc stretched and slowly got up. She was now sitting on her flank. As she slowly opened her eyes, and even rubbed them, she saw the beautiful day and turned over to cloud, wondering if he was still sleeping or not. As she did not find a clear answer, she didn't want to risk waking him up and instead went for a small morning trot not far away.

Cloud began to rouse from his sleep when he did not feel Blanc next to him. He opened his eyes and looked around, immediately standing when he didn't see her. "Blanc?" he called out, slowly flapping his wings as he hovered into the air, looking worried, "Blanc!"

"I'm here!", she called back, slowly coming back, "Did I wake you up? Sorry if I did." She would trot towards him, smiling. "Slept well?"

Cloud breathed a sigh of relief and landed once more, walking up and hugging her, "I don't care if you wake me up, you just got me worried disappearing like that" he said with a small chuckle. "And I did sleep well, what about you?"

Blanc smiled, she gently hugged him back. "But I didn't want to wake you up! And I was just a few couple of feets away, you would have heard me scream should anything happen.". She bopped his nose and chuckled, "I slept really well, and had a really nice dream." Only it didn't stop as I woke up, she finished in her thoughts.

"True, but hearing you scream isn't something I would want to wake up to" he replied. He then smiled when she bopped his nose, "A really nice dream huh? Well me being with you is like a great dream for me". He knew it sounded corny, but he didn't care, he meant it. "What dream did you have?"

"Aww.", she chuckled and pushed him gently, "That sounded really silly.". As he asked her about the dream, she just replied: "Oh you know, the moment you try to remember a dream it escapes you even more.", she smiled, and placed her hooves back on the ground. "So what is our plan for today? I wouldn't want to take root here, even if the place looks nice."