Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Survival

Strong Hooves

Cloud returned the kiss before looking out to see the fog was beginning to clear as the sun rose higher, Almost time... he thought...

(You can go ahead and make the time skip to when we depart, I have a plan for another creature attack soon)

Edited by Strong Hooves

Blanc started to gather the rest of the apples they still had: 6 were left. "That should be enough for a day.. two if we eat carefully.", she told him. The fog probably lifted fully now showing the blue sky. A few clouds were scattered throughout the sky.

Cloud smiled, he hovered over her and wrapped his forelegs around her just under her own forelegs, across her chest, he then began to flap his wings, bringing them off the groundand into the air, Cloud keeping a firm hold while still making sure she wasnt uncomfortable, "Will this work?" he asked chuckling

Blanc was surprised by the sudden lift, she then blinked, "I.. I think so yes.". She then closed her eyes, she had never flown before and well, it did not do her that good. She tried to hold his hooves too, ignoring her stomach for now.

"Dont worry, I'll start off slow, just let me know if you want me to speed up or slow down... or if you need to be on solid ground for a while" said Cloud, he then began to fly forward at a steady pace so as to let Blanc get used to the feeling...

After a while of flight, Blanc tried to open her eyes. The land was moving quite fast under her. She could see trees and from times to times a small lake. She relaxed, the fear slowly creeping away. "This is cool actually.." she then told him.

She nodded, "Well, I don't want to go fast though...", she was scared of that, "And... heights too actually.", extreme things scared her. She was happy that he hold her close.

Cloud chuckled, "Low and slow it is then" as he went on, he had missed the feeling of the wind in his face and mane, Good to be back in my domain, he thought with a smile. Little did he know, a large dark figure slowly glided over the two, a small shadow cast that Cloud did not see.

As the figure flew above them, Blanc could obviously not see it. But the shadow it cast on the ground was perfectly visible to her. She blinked as she saw it. It was really small, next to their own shadow. At first she didn't mind it, thinking it's perhaps just a low flying bird. But soon she would have gone trough a lot of possibilities of what it could be, and so looked upwards or at least tried to.

Cloud saw that Blanc was trying to look up, so out of curiosity, he looked up as well. His eyes shot open as he saw what cast the shadow, "HANG ON!!" was all he yelled before he dove into the cover of the trees, as he did, a loud roar could be heard above them as a huge green colored dragon dove after them, its jaw opened wide...

Blanc just managed to cast a glimpse of something green. "What waaaaaaaaaaaaaa-", they dove. She flailed with her hooves, scared for her life, their life! She now closed her eyes, trusting Cloud on this one.

Cloud darted past tree after tree, the dragon roaring and crashing through right behind them, There's only one way to lose him, he thought to himself, "Blanc! I know how to get rid of the dragon, but I need you to find cover, as soon as I set you down, make yourself unseen, I'll lure the dragon away, got it?!"

Blanc blinked, "What? What are you planning to do?", she didn't want him to fight it alone or try anything stupid! But should he not tell her, what he plans to do, she would still let go once he sets her down.

"First something stupid... then something crazy" Cloud told her, he quickly kissed her before taking off into the air, calling out to the dragon, "YO SCALY!!! CANT CATCH ME!!!" he stuck his tongue at the dragon before taking off high into the sky, the dragon roaring as it followed, Cloud continued to climb higher into the sky...

Blanc, now on the ground couldn't do much else then watching, helplessy. But she did not forget what he told him and would run for the nearby woods, the trees hopefully hiding her from the Dragon's vision. She did try to peek trough the branches though.

Cloud flew straight into the clouds, giving cover as the dragon followed, whe the dragon came to a hover, he knew it was time to strike, he began to fly in a tight circle, creating a wind current around the dragon. He was too fast for the dragon to hit, and soon the current began to draw in the surrounding clouds, creating a huge vortex, which soon formed into a huge airborne tornado, causing the dragon to lose control over its own flight and making it spin uncontrollably in the air. It spun for a while longer before being flung out, the dragon then flew off, feeling it wasnt worth the trouble for these ponies. The tornado soon faded as Cloud slowed down, and he began to fly back down to Blanc...

Blanc watched in awe, even if she only saw a few glimpses. As the dragon departed and Cloud was coming down she would run out of the forest waving towards him. Once he was closer:"That was Awesome!!" she blushed a bit because of the emotions.

Edited by Neikos VI

Blanc quickly sat down next to him, she made sure he could lean himself against her. "An useful talent.", she then just says. Kissing him on the cheek, "Wanna rest a bit?" she then asks him to make sure.