Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Octavia Related to Pinkie Pie? Season 1 Ep 23

Fox

I have discovered a close resemblance to one of Pinkie Pie's possible siblings....that could be Octavia. This is in Season One Episode 23 of MLP. What do you think? Octavia or coincidence?

/spoiler]

I think it might be Octavia, but it wouldn't really explain Pinkie Pie's relation with her when they all go to the Gala.

Edited by Apple Bloom

I have discovered a close resemblance to one of Pinkie Pie's possible siblings....that could be Octavia. This is in Season One Episode 23 of MLP. What do you think? Octavia or coincidence?

/spoiler]

I think it might be Octavia, but it wouldn't really explain Pinkie Pie's relation with her when they all go to the Gala.

There are many speculations on this belive it or not, as of right now, its not cannon

This is an old debate. The fandom's names for the Pie family are (left to right) Blinky, Inkie, Clyde, and Sue. Some say that Inkie Pie might be Octavia, but I personally don't think so.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Their colors seem to be a little different.

I was just about to post that very comic, Slendermane.

Octavia may resemble one of Pinkie's sisters, but she's not. Her coat is slightly darker and the eyes are slightly different in color as well. In addition, how the heck would Octavia have gotten off the rock farm and become a classical music player in Canterlot? Pinkie, I believe, lucked out as it was by moving in with the Cakes where she works for room, board, and a small salary. I find it unlikely that another sister would have not only left the rock farm but lucked her way into a much greater opportunity.

Inky and Blinky?

would that be... Inkamena and Blinkamena? That doesnt sound very good... I once heard one of her sisters being called Bellamina, wich sounded alot more prettier.

Anyways, at a first glance they are similar, but they dont share exactly the same colors

but you know what, It is a funny theory, and It is possible for her hair to darken over time, soooooo.... I'll be waiting for the episode with the Pie family reunion

• Brohoof 1

Yeah it's true that their color schemes are a tad different, but as with us humans, if were out in the sun too long for years doesn't our skin become darker? Think about, she lived on a rock farm where she was in the sun all day moving rocks around. Although they are ponies (fur) so it might not make sense, but don't it? Also as any animal growing up, most of them their hair becomes darker. The ponies are very human-like, could be possible. Plus if we keep saying that Octavia is related to Pinkie, the creators are bound to wind up making it canon (Just like derpy)

Yes I do believe this "Inky Pie" could be Octavia.

Also Pinkie seems to be very musically inclined, with all her singing and song writing. So why not Inky/Octavia?

Edited by Skar
  • Brohoof 1

Also Pinkie seems to be very musically inclined, with all her singing and song writing. So why not Inky/Octavia?

You've got a point there, and I'm the perfect example that hair darkens over time (when I was a kid I had almost white hair but now it's more of a dark blond/light brown). But I still don't think they are sisters and I don't really want them to be, even though they are probably my two favourite characters. (as you can probably tell from my avatar and signature).

But I guess that's just my opinion.

Edited by Kaborer

There isn't enough evidence to support the claim. Most of the arguments for Octavia and Pinkie Pie being sisters are based on Inky's appearance and little else. As Kyronea pointed out, there are noticable differences in the design and coloring of Octavia and Inky. We also have to take into account that Pinkie might have fabricated her origin story given the way she ended it ("And that was how Equestria was made!" and the subsequent statements which threw even the CMC for a loop). The source is potentially dubious.

So, while it was a nifty observation, I'm heavily inclined to assert that Octavia and Pinkie are not related.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

This is an old debate. The fandom's names for the Pie family are (left to right) Blinky, Inkie, Clyde, and Sue. Some say that Inkie Pie might be Octavia, but I personally don't think so.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Continuing on that, Octavia seems to have lighter eyes and a darker mane. If they cleared that up in an episode, it would sure be nice though :)

I hope we get to see the Pie sisters together in a future episode.

Inky and Blinky?

would that be... Inkamena and Blinkamena? That doesnt sound very good... I once heard one of her sisters being called Bellamina, wich sounded alot more prettier.

Anyways, at a first glance they are similar, but they dont share exactly the same colors

but you know what, It is a funny theory, and It is possible for her hair to darken over time, soooooo.... I'll be waiting for the episode with the Pie family reunion

In case you don't get the reference, the fans named the Pie family after the ghosts from Pac Man.

Posted Image

They are just fanmade names, though. I'm not sure where the name Sue came from for the mother.

I hope we get to see the Pie sisters together in a future episode.

In case you don't get the reference, the fans named the Pie family after the ghosts from Pac Man.

Posted Image

They are just fanmade names, though. I'm not sure where the name Sue came from for the mother.

Oh, I had no idea the ghosts had names

I am sure they will have an episode with at least one of Pinkie's family members at some point in the future.

I see a lot of potential in an episode where one of her sisters visits. Possibilities include everyone being scared like with Zecora because her sister visiting is like having two Pinkies. Her sister is normal and becomes close friends with the rest of the Mane 6 causing Pinkie to become jealous. Sister is rude in some way and everyone can't wait for her to leave.

I am sure any such episode will be a Pinkie fan's delight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It would be an awesome little background connection, but this:

If they were sisters, don't you think that Pinkie Pie would've directly said hi to Octavia during the Gala? You know that Pinkie doesn't hesitate to say hi to her friends at any possible moment.

and, the eyelashes are different.

Hmm, I haven't studied it too much, but I'm pretty sure different ponies have different eyelashes. Compare Rarity to Twilight or Rainbow Dash, for example. And Octavia has eyeleshes on the bottom, Inkie doesn't. But then again, one is a blank-flanked filly, and the other is an adult, so things could've changed...

The change in lighting could account for the change in color, though. One's a Pinkie Pie party (the very first, original Pinkie Pie party), the other's the Gala. Plus many years of difference.

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

Honestly I'm thinking they may be siblings but perhaps considering how dismal Pinkie's past was with: "No talking, no laughing, no smiling." She may not be close with her sisters at all. Pinkie was obviously the first to get her cutie mark whilst her sisters appeared a little older so they may have been jealous and distanced themselves after that party once they realized that their 'baby' sister beat them to a major milestone. I know when I was younger I loathed some of my family members when they got to a certian point in life and I was still stuck where I was.

OR if not siblings they could be cousins..Who knows how big the Pie family really is...

and, the eyelashes are different.

Hmm, I haven't studied it too much, but I'm pretty sure different ponies have different eyelashes. Compare Rarity to Twilight or Rainbow Dash, for example. And Octavia has eyeleshes on the bottom, Inkie doesn't. But then again, one is a blank-flanked filly, and the other is an adult, so things could've changed...

I noticed the eyelashes too. And yes, they do have different lashes. Their eye shapes in general are different as well.