Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Dub? Also, favorite song intro?

LazuriteDreams*

(edited)

(I'm kinda new to forums and I'm new to Mlp forums as well so I aplolgize if I made any mistakes)

Now it's been almost three years since pony aired, but now I have recently been watching some of the dubs as well. Idk why but I just watch the dubs for some reason because they somehow amuse and start to get interesting, especially hearing ponies in a different language!

Currently I'm watching the Japanese and Italian dubs and I actually like them so far...(Japanese Twily and Italian Pinkie are so cute! ^^)

So now I want to know about you guys and what are your favorite dubs are! :) Oh and remember you can have an opinion so I don't mind :) I would like to know who has a good dub voice or what are interesting about them. Well that's all and thanks for reading lol :D

Oh and here's another question if you'd like to answer.

Which language versionof the MLP theme is better/catchier? (Ex: Italian, Japanese, Original English, etc.)

Alright that's all and thanks for reading!

Edited by Lunar

I personally enjoy the original English and the Japanese dubs. I like most of the voices in the japanese, nothing really sticks out for me though. As for theme, I'd go with Japanese, English, and Italian. It's a big mix to me. :P

• Brohoof 1

I like the Polish dub, because Polish is a very cool sounding language and the voice acting is very good. The Japanese dub is fine as well. But I think the Spanish dub is best for me because I can understand it (kind of).

As for the theme, I think the english one is the best. The Japanese one is way to Jpop for MLP.

(edited)

I like the Polish dub a lot, and I watched a few episodes with subtitles. 

I'm from Italy and sometimes, when I'm home alone and I have nothing better to do, I watch one episode in italian for de lols and the only voice I like in italian more than I do in english is Flutterhy's, I don't know, it sounds cuter to me.

Forgot about the song intro, editing is magic!

Although I can't undarstand a single word, I really like the japenese intro :D

Edited by Dark Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

I personally enjoy the original English and the Japanese dubs. I like most of the voices in the japanese, nothing really sticks out for me though. As for theme, I'd go with Japanese, English, and Italian. It's a big mix to me. :P

Ah I see. The japanese dub is actually going really well. I've seen the Sonic Rainboom episode and the Stare Master dubs and I'll admit Fluttershy sounds cute when she sings ^^

• Brohoof 1

I love the Friendship is Witchcraft dub. Now, excuse me, but it certanily is a dub, and I will believe so~

...okay, my favorite is the Japanese -.-

• Brohoof 1

Japanese for me. Great voices, everything sounds funnier. And before someone mentions the slip-ups and changes they make to the scripts, those are nothing compared to how we butchered anime for 25 years. So I count myself lucky. xD

The Italian version is also excellent with the best theme song of the bunch. Arabic Fluttershy is lovely.

And of course I must give my love to the English version too.

I was curious how they sound in other languages but I was too lazy to check it earlier.
But thanks to this thread i did some research and found some movies on YT.
I think the best comparisons were made by this uploader.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF36307A8575F70AC

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz9DtO3QTpFTZXX9hCj8Wc_6ZhwuPukBB
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz9DtO3QTpFRRLkrQtLsI7SrCAAUY3_ty
Which dubbing is the best? It's depends on character or scene. But in overall my opinion is a little biased toward Polish dubbing. Some songs sound a little better in Polish like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtZ43jsEFI

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So just for reasons I started to watch all the MLP intros in different languages just for kicks and for the most part the ones i saw were the same as the English one just obviously...you know not in English :P but I came across the Japanese and Italian ones. What the actual buck these ones are AWESOME and I thought to those who haven't seen them do you like them better than the English intro? Personally I still love the English one and even though I can't understand a word of it I like these intros so much more. Whachu guys think?

Japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCYa6BbyYA

Italian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp9y1GEz4Yc

Edited by QuirkyUsername

It's weird how they would even make different intros. The problem with the Japanese version is there are no giant robots. I actually like the Italian version. Does anyone have a translation? I assume the lyrics are different.

Probably would have been a good idea to do this in the first place but I've taken down the Italian intro and replaced it with one with English subs but the Japanese one (and Italian to a lesser extent) just SCREAMED anime to me :P

Yeah, I'm into the Italian and Japanese versions A LOT more. They have better video and they also have better intro songs than the English version. The Italian's video is great while the Japanese song is great, I can't stand the English intro honestly...

I like the italian version =3, well...mostly because of nostalgia XD, i live next to the italian border in a bilingual area, so ever since i was small i had to learn three languages, italian was one of them, i remember being a kid and watching anime's translated into italian, Lupen is still one of my favourite shows because of that. So yeah,...i like the italian one. They always make their own intros,....much like the japanese.

So just for reasons I started to watch all the MLP intros in different languages just for kicks and for the most part the ones i saw were the same as the English one just obviously...you know not in English :P but I came across the Japanese and Italian ones. What the actual buck these ones are AWESOME and I thought to those who haven't seen them do you like them better than the English intro? Personally I still love the English one and even though I can't understand a word of it I like these intros so much more. Whachu guys think?

Hi there - just to let you know that we already have a topic for discussing your favourite version of the intro (along with dubbing in general). I've merged your thread with this one for convenience purposes. :)

When it comes to foreign dubs I really just listen to their renditions of the songs. I hear the Japanese dub is handled quite well, but I haven't actually sat down and watched it. ^^;

I really love:

• Giggle at the Ghostlies Japanese
  • Winter Wrap-Up Euro Spanish
  • Becoming Popular French
  • Smile Song Latin Spanish
  • This is Our Big Night German
  • Brohoof 1