Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lavo

Welcome to the future!

Yesterday I flipped the switch to enable Poniverse accounts on the forums and successfully decoupled our main login system from IP.Board.

The new login system means that we now have a central location for all accounts that all Poniverse sites can use and access. It is also much easier for us to use as we created the system and we don't have deal with the quirks of using IP.Board.

For those of you that used Facebook or Twitter to login to MLP Forums, those are no longer supported.

You will need to reset your password here before you can use your account.

What does this mean for you, I hear you say?

You now have a Poniverse account! If you visit any of our sites you will be able to login with your Poniverse account without having to register an account there.

The biggest benefit for you is that if you are already logged into Poniverse when you click sign in on a Poniverse site you automatically sign in without having to go through the normal login procedure!

If you have any problems accessing your account please make sure you email support@mlpforums.com!
Please do not send staff PM's or post topics; they are unable to deal with this sort of problem.

BronyCon!

You may have heard of this BronyCon thing, If you are planning on going there this weekend make sure you visit our booth #214 in the vendor hall and our panel in The Hall of Sun @ 4:45PM today (Saturday).

Feld0 says it's awesome!

Psst, I hear if you login to your Poniverse account at the booth you may get something special sometime after BronyCon.

• Brohoof 20

I'm glad to see that the first steps are being taken toward actualizing Poniverse as a cohesive supercommunity. MLP Forums by itself is already an excellent website for MLP fans, but combining it with other parts, such as pony.fm, into a larger whole, takes it to an entirely new level. I am excited to see the future Poniverse updates that will enhance unity between its various constituent elements.

• Brohoof 2

Will my username and password also allow me to access the Nuclear Fallout bunker that was recently installed?

So is this going to be compatible with the new Equestria.TV, too?

You will in fact be able to use it in the new Nuclear bunker. Shh don't let everyone know

Yes, you can login with your Poniverse account when Equestria.TV re-launches :)

• Brohoof 3

So maybe im a litle ignorant but could you please make a list of the Ponyverse sites so we all know how this benefits us all... i mean if thats ok with you  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

So maybe im a litle ignorant but could you please make a list of the Ponyverse sites so we all know how this benefits us all... i mean if thats ok with you  :muffins:

You can see a list of all Poniverse sites here: http://poniverse.net/

Currently, the only ones are MLP Forums and pony.fm. MLP Forums, as you know, is designed for the purpose of being a great place for MLP fans to come together and discuss things. Pony.fm is a site where you can share and receive feedback on your brony music.

• Brohoof 5

Seeing this all come together is so awesome. I would've loved to be there at the panel, but being a UK cat has its limitations. I'll definitely be hopping on the livestream though :)

The thing I noticed is that "sign in anonymously" is no longer an option.

That's true, is this feature being relocated?

• Brohoof 1

I noticed that the "switch" had been flipped yesterday. I could login to poniverse and a couple of other things happened. I still wonder what else will be added to poniverse other than EqTV MLPF and Pfm. Oh and I wonder how the new Equestria TV will look like.

I am also very excited to see you guys live at the panel!

But I have a question...

The Hall of Sun @ 4:45PM today (Saturday)

Exactly when is that?

I mean 4:45 pm doesn't tell me very much since I live in Sweden :wacko: And it seems like every place in usa has different times it's like EST and EDT and all stuff. I am all confused.

Can you just tell me what time it is right now (for you) and then I could you know.. Calculate when 4:45 pm is for me.. (I think it is like 11:45 pm but I want to be sure)

edit

ah.. a countdown

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130803T1645&p0=419&fg1=2ec5b5&fg2=ff6724&msg=Poniverse+Panel+Presentation

Psst, I hear if you login to your Poniverse account at the booth you may get something special sometime after BronyCon.

Please don't tell me this is just for people who is at bronycon? ._. it is isn't it? I'll b sad if I dont get le secretz :c

at the booth

Help meh I don't understand what you mean ;~;

Edited by Jokuc

I mean 4:45 pm doesn't tell me very much since I live in Sweden And it seems like every place in usa has different times it's like EST and EDT and all stuff. I am all confused.
I believe EST, as that is the timezone Maryland falls under.

I'd like to be at the panel this weekend, but I have no money, nor no way of getting there. Unless someone is willing to buy me plane tickets from PVD to BWI. But that'd probably be a bit too much money to spend on one guy :P

So, now, my question is: does something happen if I log into Poniverse? 

• Brohoof 2

I believe EST, as that is the timezone Maryland falls under.

I'd like to be at the panel this weekend, but I have no money, nor no way of getting there. Unless someone is willing to buy me plane tickets from PVD to BWI. But that'd probably be a bit too much money to spend on one guy :P

So, now, my question is: does something happen if I log into Poniverse? 

Okay I was looking at this thing

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=419

Anyways, I tried to login to poniverse yesterday and I am still logged in. But nothing happened. It just says that you are logged in and you can't really do anything else than to login :P

• Brohoof 1

So when is the Poniverse dashboard, Pony.fm 3, and Equestria TV update going live? ;D I tuned into the panel, was a great panel. :) Just wondering when we're actually getting the new goodies lol

• Brohoof 1

Very cool ya'll, seems to work like a charm so far!  Congratulations on the big debut yesterday, and best of luck implementing the various other sites and features that will be joining the Poniverse in the coming months (i.e. Equestria.TV, etc.).  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Poniverse is here, and it will consume everything :o

Seriously though, after seeing talk of all this behind the scenes it's cool to see it all come to fruition. :)

I mean, I'll probably just mainly use MLP Forums and occasionally Pony.fm myself, but it's cool we'll have the role-playing and streaming things around for those who want to use them, eventually anyway. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I'm really excited to see Poniverse come out, even if it's only a little at a time. I've seen some of the new projects for Poniverse, and let me tell you, it's going to be good. ;)

Pixel Wavelength is best pony.
post-12351-0-85989800-1375728892_thumb.png

Edited by Ashley
  • Brohoof 3

dang it I knew there was something i was forgetting to do before I left BronyCon saturday evening. Oh well. Guess I'll just read all about it here :)

This change barely affects me as I have not used anything but MLPF... but now that I realize there are other sites, I may check them out.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
So when is the Poniverse dashboard, Pony.fm 3, and Equestria TV update going live? ;D I tuned into the panel, was a great panel. :) Just wondering when we're actually getting the new goodies lol

The exact time isn't specifically known right now :P

Obviously Pony Fm and MLPF are fully live. Eqtv is well on its way, so Id say sometime in the near future that will be going live...and any other future projects will be announced as they come along.

Poniverse is an ever growing entity, and more sites/projects are certain to arise over time, its just a matter of waiting.

But I promise you...from what I've been seeing, its well worth the wait ^_^

And the longer it takes to get each site open and available to the public, the more proffessional and well designed they will be.

Okay I was looking at this thing

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=419

Anyways, I tried to login to poniverse yesterday and I am still logged in. But nothing happened. It just says that you are logged in and you can't really do anything else than to login :P

Yeah, the actual Poniverse webpage is simply a hub at this point, but Its certain to grow into more over time...its still in its infancy though ^_^

That's true, is this feature being relocated?

The anonymous login feature is currently not available as the Poniverse hub took over the logging in functions. It may return in the near future, but it isnt particularly high up on the To-Do list. But yes, rest assured the issue has been noticed.

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 3

But I promise you...from what I've been seeing, its well worth the weight
 Fixed.

I assume that anonymous logins are being worked on? I know that some members complained about the lack of anonymous logins.

• Brohoof 1

Great idea with unified logins! It will simplify our lives a lot.

The only things I worry about now are privacy and vulnerability.

If there's one single database to rule them all, you know, such power in one hands is not a good thing. I wonder which informations about the users logging in to Poniverse and visiting all those subsites are being tracked and collected. Centralization of power and information also introduces vulnerabilities, because if the Poniverse database will go down from some reason (massive DDoS from haters, for an exaggerated example ;-J ), then all those sites will go down with it to the abyss.

But I have one more idea which could extend this Poniverse login stuff:

What do you think about launching an OpenID server associated with Poniverse accounts? :-> This would allow people already logged-in into Poniverse to use simple URLs with their nicknames (such as http://poniverse.net/id/sasq or something like that) to log into other websites accepting OpenID logins. The Poniverse website would work as an identity server. It would be a great idea, because many people are constantly logged-in at MLP Forums or other Poniverse-managed websites, so it would allow them to reuse this session at other websites, which are not the part of the Poniverse yet, or even at the websites which will never be a part of it.

Oh, and it would be great if you would start cooperation with Equestria Daily and other such websites too, and unify their commenting systems too, because now they use many different commenting systems, incompatible with each other, and we need to create several separate accounts just to be able to write some comments there. It would be great if one Poniverse account would suffice to comment on all those websites. That's what Poniverse has been created for, am I right?

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

But I have one more idea which could extend this Poniverse login stuff:

What do you think about launching an OpenID server associated with Poniverse accounts?

The underlying server powering the new Poniverse logins is OAuth, specifically version OAuth2, which is a much more secure and extendable service than OpenID. OpenID is a dated service and support is dropping for it rapidly in favor of OAuth2, the only big service that I am aware of still acting as an OpenID provider is steam.

While right now we don't have any plans on allowing 3rd Party developers to utilize our accounts, we could in the future by simply opening up a developers portal on Poniverse and allowing them to register an application.

• Brohoof 2