Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Does Applebloom Exist?

CannedPakes

I've been thinking... so how was Applebloom born? I mean, according to "Cutie Mark Chronicles", Applejack didn't know her parents. Applebloom wasn't born yet, and Applejack didn't know her parents, so who are Applebloom's parents? They couldn't have just came by, dropped Applebloom off, and left.

I might have missed something in the storyline, or maybe it's the fact that it's a children's cartoon. Just confused.  :huh:

Edited by CannedPakes
  • Brohoof 14

You're right. I find it unlikely that Applejack's parents wouldn't see her off, and at the same time, I don't think Applejack would leave if she had a newborn sister to take care of. I hope the writers resolve this gray area in Season 4.

• Brohoof 3

according to "Cutie Mark Chronicles", Applejack didn't know her parents.

Nowhere in the Cutie Mark Chronicles does Applejack say that she never knew her parents. Here's the transcript of the episode. It's perfectly possible for Apple Bloom to have been born before their parents disappeared :)

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu
  • Brohoof 11

Applebloom wasn't born yet, and Applejack didn't know her parents, so who are Applebloom's parents? They couldn't have just came by, dropped Applebloom off, and left.

Good point. I don't think I noticed that she wasn't with the rest of the Apples too see off AJ to Manehatten. Maybe they just left tiny Applebloom inside while they watched AJ leave. 

• Brohoof 3

Applejack knew about her parents, as for Apple Bloom's parents I don't know if they have the same parents or Apple Bloom has parents that live somewhere far away in Equestria. Apple Bloom was probably born, when her parents left her in Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

That is true.  I honestly have no idea how she would be born.  Applejack said she was the last in her class to get her cutie marks, right?  So she may have been born, but was too young to see her off.

• Brohoof 2

This is actually going to be quite fascinating to see. How on earth will the writers resolve this issue without making the parents seem like complete jerks? Besides making them croak, of course.

• Brohoof 1

Clearly the only possible explanation is that she is an eldritch abomination and was spawned by the great lord Cthulhu during the great trans-dimensional break down of '97.

Okay honestly I have no idea, maybe we'll get some answers in the next season.

• Brohoof 8

I've been thinking... so how was Applebloom born? I mean, according to "Cutie Mark Chronicles", Applejack didn't know her parents. Applebloom wasn't born yet, and Applejack didn't know her parents, so who are Applebloom's parents? They couldn't have just came by, dropped Applebloom off, and left.

I might have missed something in the storyline, or maybe it's the fact that it's a children's cartoon. Just confused.  :huh:

Good point. I don't think I noticed that she wasn't with the rest of the Apples too see off AJ to Manehatten. Maybe they just left tiny Applebloom inside while they watched AJ leave. 

Well, we don't know the ages of the mane 6 in general, so making the assumption that AJ didn't really say bye is far strange then not, so I'm assuming that she was alive during the time and had not been old enough to send off or perhaps, didn't want to make Apple Bloom upset over it seeing that her parents died and she had only AJ as a motherly figure other then Granny Smith. Maybe she thought she was better off without knowing her? AJ does act more motherly towards her sister and it would show why she's as protective.

This is actually going to be quite fascinating to see. How on earth will the writers resolve this issue without making the parents seem like complete jerks? Besides making them croak, of course.

I thought they were confirmed to have died, as stated by the writer who didn't even want to put the parents in the album in Apple Family Reunion. Apparently they showed the death through the stars and the lack of pictures....Its because they couldn't fit it all in without adding more details and personalities then needed. (When you add pictures of the parents, you need to add more work to show style and personality of the couple. It would make sense that if you had 2 dead characters to not show up.)

• Brohoof 1

Besides making them croak, of course.

I feel like this is the only way they can do it without turning Mr. and Mrs. Apple into Mr. and Mrs. A******.

tumblr_mffvbmZn6S1r1gkido1_500.jpg

The Apples kicked the bucket long ago in my mind. Those poor kids. Applejack has to basically be the mother their real mom couldn't. 

post-9453-0-17251900-1376014157_thumb.png

post-9453-0-17251900-1376014157_thumb.png

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 7

Applebloom was born, and her's, AJ's, and Big Macs parents got eaten by bears shortly thereafter. Applejack then traveled to Manehatten and received her Cutie Mark shortly thereafter that. Applebloom was six months to a year old when Applejack left.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I never tought about this.

The only menton of Applejack's parents are these two shootingstars

Applebloom was born, and her's, AJ's, and Big Macs parents got eaten by bears shortly thereafter. Applejack then traveled to Manehatten and received her Cutie Mark shortly thereafter that. Applebloom was six months to a year old when Applejack left.
For now this is the only plausible theory.

Or maybe Applebloom was adopted?

• Brohoof 1

For now this is the only plausible theory.

Or maybe Applebloom was adopted?

She has a strong resemblence to her siblings (Applejack is orange with a blond mane, Apple Bloom is blond with a red mane, and Big Macintosh is red with an orange mane), not to mention the similar cutie mark.

To expand on my theory, I'd say other Apple Family members were present at Sweet Apple Acres and assisted Granny, Big Mac, and AJ in taking care of her in the early years, and later moved away around when Apple Bloom started school.

• Brohoof 1

What's with all the "theories"? As I said, nowhere in the Cutie Mark Chronicles does Applejack confirm that she never knew her parents. I detailed such within my own post in this very thread.

We're not really wondering about Applejack and her status with her parents - we're wondering how can their oldest daughter can trot off to Manehattan without the parents saying goodbye, and at the same time, why Applejack would leave to Manehattan when she had an infant sister to take care of (presumably without the help of her parents.) 

Also, I actually trust @Scootadress and @Circadian right now - the parents are almost certain to be dead. There's no way (at least, not that I can think of) that their parents could still be alive without turning them into Grade A Jerks. 

• Brohoof 5

I sincerely don't think Apple Bloom is adopted. She has way too many similarities to her family, in character design accent and personality.

Yeah the two shooting stars from Apple Family Reunion are the only real reference to AJ'S parents in the show, and I seriously don't think they'll dive into them any further. Dead parents is just a concept that is too sad for kids.

Just like I don't think they'll ever explain why Blythe only has her dad in Littlest Pet Shop. Obviously she either died or something else happened. But I don't think they'll ever explore the concept.

• Brohoof 2

I sincerely don't think Apple Bloom is adopted. She has way too many similarities to her family, in character design accent and personality.

Yeah the two shooting stars from Apple Family Reunion are the only real reference to AJ'S parents in the show, and I seriously don't think they'll dive into them any further. Dead parents is just a concept that is too sad for kids.

Just like I don't think they'll ever explain why Blythe only has her dad in Littlest Pet Shop. Obviously she either died or something else happened. But I don't think they'll ever explore the concept.

Its not actually super hard or sad to write death in a story and have it make sense in a way or perhaps hint at it more then once. I say they died because of the Reunion, even in S1, they never say a word on their parents, and when we always dive deeper in the past using the CMC, we never get any information on the parents, which is strange since in Apple Family Reunion\, we see pictures and photographs plastered in the books, but we never get mention of her parents or even a simple picture to go by, only 2 shooting stars. We can assume that everyone that Granny spoke of already died which is why they never appeared at the reunion (like her siblings) but we see their pictures at least. 

Its particularly odd that the episodes never featured the parents, even in the Reunion, you saw nothing of the parents and in the scenes in the home, you don't see pictures of the family together, which is odd even for this show. I think death is constantly shown throughout the episode, but never directly brought up, which is why it isn't as bad. The Apples are highly family oriented, so seeing that they don't have any pictures of the parents anywhere in the home or the photos are not only startling but a big flag. Of course, they can just be major jerks and have easily abandoned them, but its a kids show and I doubt they would have left their children willingly, seeing how tight knit the family is on its own. 

• Brohoof 1

I always had a theory that the Apple Parents lived their lives overseas in a third world country. All or most of the Apple Kids were born there and went back to live in Ponyville because it was dangerous. My guess is only AppleBloom was born overseas. I think they eventually died trying to help others.

• Brohoof 1

my guess is that AJ,Apple Bloom and Big Macs parents are dead mostly coz they weren't in the Apple Reunion Ep where all the apples where present and accounted for

i beleive that they died somewhat after Appleblooms birth

but the theories my friends would like to believe is that AJ,Applebloom and Bigmac are not biological siblings but rather they are cousins whos parents died and were raised by granny smith

• Brohoof 1

Well, you see, when a brother pony and a sister pony love each other more than they should, sometimes they have "accidents".  ....And 11 months later, that's how Equestria was made. ...Yeah, you don't wanna know where I was going with that. ANYWAY. I always imagined the melancholy idea that their parents died soon after Apple Bloom was born (perhaps their mom dying in childbirth). I haz a sad nao.  :(

• Brohoof 1

This is a tricky one that I've always wondered about. I think an easy scenario to believe is that, when Applejack left Sweet Apple Acres, her parents had already passed away. Apple Bloom is nowhere to be seen in the episode, but she was probably an infant, so maybe she was inside the house. Or, maybe another pony was foal sitting Apple Bloom at the time. Although, I have a hard time believing that Applejack would leave her family behind when she had an infant sister who needed to be taken care of. Faust once said that Applejack's parents may have been traveling sales ponies, so perhaps that came into play at some point.

Unfortunately, the writers have never properly defined Applejack's backstory with any sort of consistency, but the shooting stars in Apple Family Reunion is at the very least, a confirmation of their death. We just don't know when exactly they passed away, or how. I hope this will be covered in an episode one day. I'm telling you, it's my #1 must-see dream episode. Come on season 4! :3

• Brohoof 5

I always thought that Applejacks parents always traveled around to the other Apple Family farms and help them out and to make sure everything was going well. When they came back, AJ had her cutie mark and soon after Applebloom was born. Then after a year or so they went out to another apple farm and died in an accident on the way there.

That is what I always thought anyway. Most likely AJ parents died after Appleblooms was born and no one has just talked about it. AB might have just been resting at the time. Seeing as she is very young. Thats all I can say about it.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1